ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue recruiting kanon catchings

Brian_GoldandBlack.com

Jun 18, 2003
West Lafayette, Ind.
Hello from Florida, just checking in here after Kanon Catchings visited today.

As you know already, he was offered. No-brainer, IMO, and there was no way in hell they were bringing him in right away to not offer him. He'll get a bunch more, I bet, now that Purdue has offered.

Purdue is going to have a real chance here, IMO. It often does well with people from basketball families who can tell the difference between what's important and what's not and can tell the difference between what's real and what's not. His mother and aunt were both pros.

Honestly, the parallels here with the way things out with Jaden Ivey are striking, right down to the WNBA connections part of it. I could see this being a deal where Purdue outworks everyone else here and that really sets them apart, as it did with Ivey. Indiana will offer now, I'd think, and Illinois is mom's alma mater and basically just as close to home as Purdue. But Illinois is basically shopping nationally right now, so who knows if they'd be inclined to recruit a high school kid from out of state who's still halfway to his ceiling, if that.

I could see this going national once people see him more, but I do think Purdue is a real player here for the long run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News