ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Benter Not Indiana's Mr. Basketball

I am a Flory defender and I think he is a worthy pick too. Stand up kid whose development has been astronomical from when he started. He was basically Edey-esque at the HS level in Indiana for Kokomo.
I've read that Flory was a soccer player when he came to Kokomo in their foreign exchange program. Heard he's a great kid from a sucessful family back in Africa.

Last edited:
He is not beating out a fifth-year senior in Hunter Dickinson.
If you don't thing Flory is going to play major minutes for Kansas, you're high. Kid is a 1st round pick next year, probably lottery. Dickenson is not that great... We've watched him for 4 years. He had great potential, but never has lived up to the hype. Flory can run the court & play up tempo, which Self loves. He will split time with HD. There will be a learning curve, but by the end of the season, he will surpass HD.

If you don't thing Flory is going to play major minutes for Kansas, you're high. Kid is a 1st round pick next year, probably lottery. Dickenson is not that great... We've watched him for 4 years. He had great potential, but never has lived up to the hype. Flory can run the court & play up tempo, which Self loves. He will split time with HD. There will be a learning curve, but by the end of the season, he will surpass HD.
Dickinson knows the offense and is getting paid that $$$$$ and they also have KJ Adams who is just as athletic as flory, is older, runs the floor well, stronger and knows the offense better already. Flory may play more towards the end of the year but don’t be surprised when he’s only playing 10-15 mins at first. These old covid guys are really getting in the way of the high ranking recruits playing time!

Dickinson knows the offense and is getting paid that $$$$$ and they also have KJ Adams who is just as athletic as flory, is older, runs the floor well, stronger and knows the offense better already. Flory may play more towards the end of the year but don’t be surprised when he’s only playing 10-15 mins at first. These old covid guys are really getting in the way of the high ranking recruits playing time!
KJ is more of a forward & is only 6'7. Flory is 6'10 with the wing span well over 7'. I get what your saying, but KJ will not be playing the 5. Flory is a true 5 & plays inside only. If he develops an outside game watch out, but that is not part of his game right now.

KJ is more of a forward & is only 6'7. Flory is 6'10 with the wing span well over 7'. I get what your saying, but KJ will not be playing the 5. Flory is a true 5 & plays inside only. If he develops an outside game watch out, but that is not part of his game right now.
Sure. But Dickinson will be getting the major mins at the 5, as he is already more polished than Flory. Not sure Flory will play big time mins at the 4…he may get up to 12-18 by end of the year, but KU has got quite the squad (on paper) with or without Flory

Sure. But Dickinson will be getting the major mins at the 5, as he is already more polished than Flory. Not sure Flory will play big time mins at the 4…he may get up to 12-18 by end of the year, but KU has got quite the squad (on paper) with or without Flory
3 guys for 2 spots. 80 minutes to spread between them. Hard to see Dick not getting 30+ one way or another absent injuries or foul trouble. They didn't have much frontcourt depth last year so I don't know what else is at the end of the bench for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT