ADVERTISEMENT

IU Star says CFB fell in love with Rev Coach Leo and his message of love...

Coach LEO ain’t all that. 0-3 in bowls. 1-2 vs Brohm. 1 win against a team that ended the season with a winning record (Wisky last year - they were a Covid-depleted team when IU played them. Missing multiple starters including Graham Mertz).

IU fans are acting like last season is the way it’s going to be every year going forward (beat UM, beat PSU, beat Wisky). All three of those teams were bad according to their recent historical standards.
Mertz played. IU was the team starting their backup QB. Nobody made any excuses about it either, like some here like to do in regards to injuries, they just went out and won.

I don’t think IU fans are expecting that to happen every year but with how much production returns, and the holes filled through the portal, this year’s roster is even better than the one that beat those 3 schools.

Reactions: LoyalHoosier
Mertz played. IU was the team starting their backup QB. Nobody made any excuses about it either, like some here like to do in regards to injuries, they just went out and won.

I don’t think IU fans are expecting that to happen every year but with how much production returns, and the holes filled through the portal, this year’s roster is even better than the one that beat those 3 schools.
LOL!

Your fanbase has been a walking encyclopedia of excuses over the years.

When you willfully choose to conflate analysis with "excuses", you do so to your detriment. You're fooling no one.

Your coach/program still has a weak resume. You can make all the excuses you want, but he's still 1-2 vs Purdue, you still haven't won a bowl game in 32(?) years, and the wins vs the top-tier B1G teams has been at the time when their programs were substantially down.

That's analysis. Now, make your excuses...

Yeah, I guess it doesn’t matter when a team loses it’s starting QB and All-American WR on the same play early in the season.
Also doesn’t matter when your All-BIG DT is out (hurt on a dirty chop block against IU the season before). Doesn’t matter that an All-BIG LB and NFL draft choice is out. Doesn’t matter that 2 starting OL we’re out either. GTFOH, Loosier.

I don’t GAF about IU. This is a Purdue board.

LOL!

When you willfully choose to conflate analysis with "excuses", you do so to your detriment. You're fooling no one.

Your coach/program still has a weak resume. You can make all the excuses you want, but he's still 1-2 vs Purdue, you still haven't won a bowl game in 32(?) years, and the wins vs the top-tier B1G teams has been at the time when their programs were substantially down.

Spot on anysis. The fact of the matter is it took a global pandemic just for IU to be mediocre in football.

And then they come here and try to pass themselves off as the next Clemson or something. Kinda sad and funny at the same time.

Spot on anysis. The fact of the matter is it took a global pandemic just for IU to be mediocre in football.

And then they come here and try to pass themselves off as the next Clemson or something. Kinda sad and funny at the same time.
A couple of important points I failed to highlight...

That 1-2 record vs Purdue... the sole win came when Purdue was absolutely devastated by injuries (see @SDBoiler1 post, above), and took two(?) overtimes to secure.

Additionally, that IU wunderkind coach has, what, ONE(?) win vs a team with a winning record?

That right there, folks, is a continuation of the analysis. That ain't "excuses", bro.

*oops*...

My favorite part of this thread is we traded in IU trolls for some guy named BCfanatic that sounds like he’s some sort of Purdue fan. Yeah he is and I signed up here as Hoosierdog… the earlier trolls were more fun, TD75 is predicting conference championships and CFP spots for IU this year on their site.

LOL!

Then the analysis is piss poor. It’s football. Injuries happen to all teams. Purdue probably has a higher rate because they have more guys on the field who don’t belong in the B1G than most of the other teams in the league. Or maybe because they don’t have depth so guys are getting worn down. Either way, it’s a lazy excuse especially when you don’t consider injuries on the teams you play. Certainly not analysis lmao.

I don’t have to make any excuses, I know for a fact which position I would rather be in right now, IU’s or PU’s.

Then the analysis is piss poor. It’s football. Injuries happen to all teams. Purdue probably has a higher rate because they have more guys on the field who don’t belong in the B1G than most of the other teams in the league. Or maybe because they don’t have depth so guys are getting worn down. Either way, it’s a lazy excuse especially when you don’t consider injuries on the teams you play. Certainly not analysis lmao.

I don’t have to make any excuses, I know for a fact which position I would rather be in right now, IU’s or PU’s.

Things can change quickly. 3 years ago Purdue had the much better outlook.

Reactions: BBG

"...probably"...

"...or..."

"Either way..."

And the gem: "I don't have to make any excuses..."

You didn't address a d@mn thing about your program. You don't have a choice about which position you would rather be in. You're in the position you're in. Facts are what they are, and you cannot refute any of them.

"Wish in one hand, sh*t in the other..."

You clowns continue to be desperate for validation.

Again, this is a Purdue board. We don’t GAF about IU on here except when we beat you.

It won’t be long when you’re rooting for ND again because IU football is back where it historically resides - the bottom of the BIG.

The place is a good way to pass time on the toilet.

my point is, I’d like to go back to beating IU all the time. I’m waiting to see what has to happen to make a lot of people who think this is fine to say “you know what? IU is good, we should have been performing better than them. This is not fine.”

IU understands scheduling .. and while they go to January bowls and NOBODY asks them about their schedules, guys like you are over here fighting the tougher schedule battle for no reason.
IU is not good.

"...probably"...

"...or..."

"Either way..."

And the gem: "I don't have to make any excuses..."

You didn't address a d@mn thing about your program. You don't have a choice about which position you would rather be in. You're in the position you're in. Facts are what they are, and you cannot refute any of them.

"Wish in one hand, sh*t in the other..."

You clowns continue to be desperate for validation.
Their obsession with us is real.

What the...?

Eliminating this "denial" would have what effect, exactly?

(Not to mention, "they" are 1-2 against "us"...)
Lol if you’re argument is “hey, If the fan base is like ‘yeah this is bs we want results now, we should be beating IU’ it won’t matter anyway, because the admin is unreceptive to that message,” well that just about explains the last 13 years doesn’t it?

put me in the camp that believes that that feeling at a school matters.

they are. They are also playing in January bowls and posting winning records. Time was Strickland was ours with that final 3 IF he wanted to stay home. If he doesn’t end up coming here, there’s your reason why 2-1 isn’t the only thing that matters

What the...?

Here I’ll try out a look I think you might like…

you’re right 85.. if IU loses to us in the bucket game, does 8-4, plays in a good bowl and we go 5-7.. they suck and it’s all good.

is that better? Cause that sounds like when we had our 03 season and they were over there calling us a middle of the road big ten team .. until 04 when they understood “this is messed up.”

What the...?

By the way, I think if you charted out all the fans on here based on what would make them happy, I’m a lot closer to low results than you think. I’m a big believer that it’s very hard to have a winning record in the big ten.

if we went 5-7 and eeked out a win against IU I’d be very pleased based on the hole Diaco put us in. If we followed it with two 7-5 seasons where we got some star recruits (nothing crazy) count me in the happy camp and out of the camp that would definitely be like “ok we gotta expect 9-3 now.”

I was at the little caesars bowl and I was pretty pleased to be honest …

Wow. It was a simple question.

The point is, what a fan thinks about their own program or the another program has zero to do with on-field performance.

They are.. your continued denial of this is stopping you from the next step .. which is.. “hey, if they can be good, why can’t we?”

No imaginary "denial" is not stopping anyone from anything.

It was a silly retort. Three more responses won't change that.

Reactions: Riveting and BBG

You forgot to sign your post, "Love"

Rev Coach Leo would be disappointed in you, as would that woman-choking sociopath at tight end.

Last edited:
Wow. It was a simple question.

The point is, what a fan thinks about their own program or the another program has zero to do with on-field performance.

No imaginary "denial" is not stopping anyone from anything.

It was a silly retort. Three more responses won't change that.
Collectively if the fan base wants a result more that should matter to any admin. If it doesn’t that’s a bigger problem. I firmly believe that right now, the average AD would probably think that our fan base thinks we are doing fine relative to IU.

and again if the retort is “if I was AD I really wouldn’t care what the base thought” well that explains more than a person saying that thinks it does.

and when I say that, believe me.. I believe that the AD and coaches could be doing a lot worse. I wouldn’t even want brohm gone if we went 4-8

They are.. your continued denial of this is stopping you from the next step .. which is.. “hey, if they can be good, why can’t we?”
In a normal year where all teams have all their players and all their practices IU will be crushed.

Everyone played in last year… we weren’t going through it while they weren’t.. plus they played in a January bowl the previous year
There were so many opt-outs on teams it wasn’t even funny. I’m not saying Purdue was good because they haven’t been the last 2 years. Just IU isn’t good either.

Collectively if the fan base wants a result more that should matter to any admin. If it doesn’t that’s a bigger problem. I firmly believe that right now, the average AD would probably think that our fan base thinks we are doing fine relative to IU.

and again if the retort is “if I was AD I really wouldn’t care what the base thought” well that explains more than a person saying that thinks it does.

and when I say that, believe me.. I believe that the AD and coaches could be doing a lot worse. I wouldn’t even want brohm gone if we went 4-8
But, it wasn't a "collective" comment. It was directed at a particular person ... allegedly in "denial"

But, it wasn't a "collective" comment. It was directed at a particular person ... allegedly in "denial"
You didn’t ask. “Are you saying collectively, that the fan base needs to be this way?” Yes, I am..

But here’s what ironically always happens. I’ll say this now and a rah rah guy like you will be all but hurt. THEN.. if IU routes us and has a better season, half the people who were predicting big things will lose their mind and their discontent will surge way past mine.

when we have a bad season you can usually pick out the angriest people .. just go back and see who was predicting 8-4+. Half of them make me sound like a sunshine pusher by years end

Reactions: BTBall
You didn’t ask. “Are you saying collectively, that the fan base needs to be this way?” Yes, I am..

But here’s what ironically always happens. I’ll say this now and a rah rah guy like you will be all but hurt. THEN.. if IU routes us and has a better season, half the people who were predicting big things will lose their mind and their discontent will surge way past mine.

when we have a bad season you can usually pick out the angriest people .. just go back and see who was predicting 8-4+. Half of them make me sound like a sunshine pusher by years end
You have no idea how this season will play out. I’m sure you’ll be the first one here, IF Purdue has a poor season, bragging “You see, I told you so”.

Last edited:
You have no idea how this season will play out. I’m sure you’ll be the first one here, IF Purdue has a poor season, bragging “You see, I told you do”.
I have a feeling that we will see a bowl game. I know people are going to say it's a homer call but Brohm has put a few good coaches in key positions.

You have no idea how this season will play out. I’m sure you’ll be the first one here, IF Purdue has a poor season, bragging “You see, I told you do”.
I predicted the last two. If Purdue is 8-4, I’ll also be the first one to say I was wrong. You step in with rosey predictions every year regardless and when you’re wrong you double down.

FWIW, I can’t foresee a scenario right now where I won’t be predicting a winning season in 2022

What the...?

Your comments were to one person.

My point was clear. Accusing one person of "denial" does nothing.

You can post on, but it won't change it.

DJ Moore is an Indiana Football man!! Good ole preacher man is lockin the state down!!!!!! What a time to be alive!!

Reactions: AndyW
DJ Moore is an Indiana Football man!! Good ole preacher man is lockin the state down!!!!!! What a time to be alive!!
I was looking through Purdue's OL class to understand why they backed off Moore (I am sure that excuse is coming shortly), but I am having some technical difficulties.. it doesn't look like any of the P5 offers are loading for the PU commits? All I see are the MAC and FCS offers.. wonder what's up with that.

I was looking through Purdue's OL class to understand why they backed off Moore (I am sure that excuse is coming shortly), but I am having some technical difficulties.. it doesn't look like any of the P5 offers are loading for the PU commits? All I see are the MAC and FCS offers.. wonder what's up with that.
I dont know if they backed off of Moore or not.The only thing we can be sure of is that we dont know how good any of these guys will be at the college level until they play.In about four years we will know how good the 2022 classes really are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT