ADVERTISEMENT

IU out according to Lunardi

Originally posted by BBG:
If true, cream likely is gone.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

That possibility popped up on the OTF over on peegs again today. Another guy with pretty close "sources". Said it's a done deal to Alabama. Hopefully not the case. 😭.

Man, am I glad we aren't on the ((((bubble)))) anymore.

I don't post on Peegs, but I've been visiting since we won at Ass Hall, and they are on pins and needles right now. Analyzing every win from every Mid-Conf, etc etc etc.

Glad to be watching it all unfold, worry free in that regard.

Jerry Palm has IU in still, not even in a play-in game.

I'd be surprised to see IU out.

It will be interesting to see which one of them is correct. They have very few discrepancies, this one will be fun to watch. I do think IU will probably be in, but Palm was very reluctant to put us in and Lunardi had us in much earlier than Palm.

Originally posted by *4purdue*:
It will be interesting to see which one of them is correct. They have very few discrepancies, this one will be fun to watch. I do think IU will probably be in, but Palm was very reluctant to put us in and Lunardi had us in much earlier than Palm.
You'd have to think Palm doesn't want to be perceived as being a Purdue homer or IU hater. As a Purdue alum, he'd probably love to be wrong about IU.

This post was edited on 3/14 11:46 PM by dingles87

In his defense, once he accepted Purdue as in the field, he moved them up sooner than Lunardi. He's had Purdue as a 10 seed for a little bit.

Don't know where crean is going, but I did hear the major IU players had the buyout money assembled by Christmas, so that's absolutely not an issue.

Glass may actually want to keep crean, but it's not really his call.

Palm has IU as one of his last 4 in now, but the "top" of the last 4 in. He has IU positioned better than Colorado State, Ole Miss and BYU.

Lunardi has BYU and Colorado State with byes. Ole Miss is one of the last 4 in.

When you get down to these last few teams, it's impossible to predict.

Palm has Purdue in a 7/10 game playing Wichita State in Omaha (not a fan of the location/opponent..Iowa State is the #2 seed).

Lunardi has purdue in a 7/10 game playing Xavier in Charlotte (with UVA as the #2).

Crean isn't going anywhere.

He "resurrected" the IU program. Put together a team with, what... two first round picks... right after they were on death's doorstep.

Who would they get? Dakich? Well, on second thought, he might elevate that program....

Really, who would want it?

Originally posted by lbodel:
Palm has IU as one of his last 4 in now, but the "top" of the last 4 in. He has IU positioned better than Colorado State, Ole Miss and BYU.

Lunardi has BYU and Colorado State with byes. Ole Miss is one of the last 4 in.

When you get down to these last few teams, it's impossible to predict.

Palm has Purdue in a 7/10 game playing Wichita State in Omaha (not a fan of the location/opponent..Iowa State is the #2 seed).

Lunardi has purdue in a 7/10 game playing Xavier in Charlotte (with UVA as the #2).

I would love this matchup. Xavier is beatable, and so is UVA with Justin Anderson just getting back. Would much rather have that than WSU in Omaha. Xavier meh, WSU good basically at a home game.

They absolutely DO NOT deserve to be in, how you finish the season should still be the determining factor. At least they would have a chance at a win in the NIT, probably a home game.

Purdue fans should hope IU gets in and wins a game or two. CTC is a terrible coach and that would probably drag out his firing.
Sad in a year the Big is down.

A UConn win on their home court today - a definite possibility - would further narrow the bubble.

Man am I glad Purdue beat Illinois and Penn State.

Most bracketologists think Purdue is now safely in, even with our meltdown in the last 11 minutes against Wisconsin yesterday. ESPN thinks we're a lock. #10 seems to be the consensus.

bracket matrix 3\14 - 98 of 101 have Purdue in

I agree. I think IU is in. IU will be in as the #11 seed play in game. I do think IU's fan base is a consideration. NCAA won't admit that.

I think you're absolutely wrong on the fan base aspect for 2 reason. One, the tournament gets great ratings no matter who is playing, particularly the first rounds.

Secondly, the NCAA selection committee is probably one of the "truest" of systems out there. This committee has shown countless times it goes by its beliefs, not by influences (often leaving bigger programs out in favor of smaller programs, for example).

Originally posted by jadeezra:
Put a fork in them.
I think the Wyoming win took them out of the 11-11 play in game. Who knows we could be wrong but I smell NIT spirit.

Wyoming.

Listened to SEC radio on the way home from Indy this morning and the guy who headed up the selection committee for twelve years said IU should be out.

Also said the selection committee had it all laid out before they went to bed on Saturday night with the exception of one or two moves such as if UCONN wins today.

Lunardi update

Originally posted by TwinDegrees2:

Wyoming.

Listened to SEC radio on the way home from Indy this morning and the guy who headed up the selection committee for twelve years said IU should be out.

Also said the selection committee had it all laid out before they went to bed on Saturday night with the exception of one or two moves such as if UCONN wins today.
Is Lunardi from Iowa? He still has Iowa as a 7 seed even after they lost to Penn St. When St Johns lost he moved them from a 7 to a 9. Funny though he has Iowa playing BYU. They could poke and punch each other all game. Could end up being an ugly brawl.

Re: Crean isn't going anywhere.

You need to keep in mind how high the expectations are among these guys. Crean has served his purpose, he has been a "useful idiot" and now it's time to go get a real coach.

Gregg Marshall is the name I've heard thrown around, seems like they could get him pretty easily.

New Pal Boiler posted on 3/15/2015...
You need to keep in mind how high the expectations are among these guys. Crean has served his purpose, he has been a "useful idiot" and now it's time to go get a real coach.

Gregg Marshall is the name I've heard thrown around, seems like they could get him pretty easily.

See again that whole Marshall thing throws up Red Flags. He loves being in Witchta, has a very supportive fanbase, and makes about two million now. He turned down UCLA. So it being "Indiana" isn't going to blow his doors off. If he spent ten minutes reading Peegs or even the media reports of how brutal the fans are to Crean, there is no way he's gonna leave Kansas for Bloomington.

It is not obvious to me that Marshall wishes to leave Wichita State - and if he does that it would be to IU.

On one hand, his team is Senior-laden, so leaving now might make sense. However, he was at Winthrop for many years. He is a demi-god in KS and why put up with the IU fanbase, even if you get more money.

The IU fans think that everyone wants to come there to coach, but that has been demonstrated not to be the case. The fanbase is one good reason why they do not want to come.

This post was edited on 3/15 1:49 PM by arcb102000

I still say that given Glass' comments on Crean, he's not being fired. Glass gave more than the required "he's our coach" and elaborated numerous times backing Crean. You wouldn't do that if you were planning on firing him. Can things change between a week ago and then end of the season? Sure, but I think it would be an internal Crean/Glass situation that would provoke it.

Originally posted by lbodel:
I still say that given Glass' comments on Crean, he's not being fired. Glass gave more than the required "he's our coach" and elaborated numerous times backing Crean. You wouldn't do that if you were planning on firing him. Can things change between a week ago and then end of the season? Sure, but I think it would be an internal Crean/Glass situation that would provoke it.
I'll say it again...first regarding Marshall. Why would anyone at IU want another Tom Crean look alike and act alike? They're twins and both should research to see if one or both were adopted.

As for Crean, I still say Mama Crean wants out and Two Tone's agent is/has negotiated a suitable departure for both IU and Mama Crean.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT