ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Message Board Game Thread (Selected Excerpts)

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
As you can imagine, the Iowa Message Board is full of moaning, groaning, whining, and recriminations after Purdue upset the #2 ranked Hawkeyes on their Homecoming. How sweet it is!!

We’ll see how well this ages. I think the Iowa offense is going to surprise some people today. 48-13 Iowa.

Sure sounds like Purdue is hurting, what I thought would be a decent game shouldn't be today. 33 - 17.

Stretch plays, completed passes. What the hell team is this?

Drive was shit after that awesome first play.

It seems like Purdue has had an Anthrop for 10 years.

Looks like we have the "bad spot" officiating crew this week.

Hey, Iowa offense...................do stuff. You won't, because your play calling sucks and it relies on a 0.01% margin for error, but.............it'd still be nice if you did stuff anyway.

Yeah, I've been done with OC Brian's "well that play worked....so let's try this now, and then let's see if this works, and maybe try this and see if that works" And then we waste another possession and punt.......

Pick up your mother ****ing feet, Goodson.

Purdue is killing our OL.

OL is getting owned.

For some reason we've had terrible officiating against Purdue for the last 3 seasons.

Musical QB for Purdue.

Got a bad feeling with the way this is starting…

Be concerned folks. Too much time to operate for their quarterback.

They’re winning the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Brohm knows how to beat Ferentz.

Purdue looks sharp. How the fvck do they have 3 good QBs and we can’t muster one?

Fooking David Bell!!

Used the ref as a blocker!

Totally foreign concept for a QB to tuck it an run up the gut.

Super thin at RB, so the other QBs are being used as running game.

Kirk F. must be shocked. Purdue using multiple QBs, a KF no-no, Purdue running its QBs, something foreign to KF.

Gawd, I hate our most hated rival!

Wish Brohm would put as much effort into other teams as he does Iowa. He owns Iowa and is well below average against everyone else. It’s just weird.

This is going to really suck getting soundly beaten by these guys. They have a good defense for a change and they could have high schoolers playing offense but they scheme our weaknesses perfectly. Both lines getting shoved around and no pressure on their QBs. Going to lose by two scores at least.

Somebody needs to remind some of Purdue's players they're 2nd string.

I’m amazed so many are melting down already. It’s like some of you have never watched Iowa before today. The defense will settle in and the Iowa offense will make just enough plays to eke out another win and fans will forget all about not having a real OC.

So, do we have to do the Wave before the O wakes up each week?

Were those fans just waving good-bye to the No. 2 ranking?

Go away from the power football up the middle and that had pick 6 written ALLLL over it.

WTF.... We are snake bit with this Purdue team. We miss a 25 yard kick...

Face it folks....this is going to be one of those games where nothing goes right for the Hawks. Purdue is prepared. We are not. Sucks, but 6-1 is still good.

Brohm has a smirk on his face. For whatever reason he knows they own Iowa and Kirk.

Guess we might as well not bother trying against Purdue. No chance!

Hey David Bell is working us over. Seems familiar.

Hankins getting abused by Bell again. Will Bell please get his ass to the NFL where he belongs?

Not sure a game could go any worse for us. Brohm must have a Kirk F. voodoo doll.

D. Bell. Why isn’t he in the NFL yet?

I’m just sick of Iowa and Kirk getting owned by the likes of Purdue!

I’m not condoning the behavior, but if someone Tonya Harding’d David Bell at halftime that would help our team immensely.

TOUCHDOWN IOWA!!!

Hawks ain’t losing this game. Just forced their will on Purdue and have established the run. The offense should open up quite a bit in the second half.

Receivers are so wide open for Purdue. Easy pitch and catch.

David Bell will request his ashes spread at Kinnick stadium.

Purdue receivers making plays they won’t make again this year.

Ugggh, I hate Purdue!

I just don't understand. It cannot be this frigging difficult to put the screws to a 3-2 team.

These Purdue games feel like a broken record!

Of course, turnover machine O’Connell looks like a Davey O’Brien candidate this week.

Iowa gets a solid D+ thus far. Purdue playing 3 mediocre QBs… one receiver in Bell… and a DLine getting ZERO pressure. ZERO pressure … Laying another f$j@ing egg to an average Purdue team.

So sick of Purdue!

I'll pitch in to hire Tonya Harding to take out David Bell at halftime.

That’s a pick play.. illegal!!

Too f*cking easy. They literally have no running backs and Iowa can’t stop the pass.

Maybe these fvckers really should be our most hated rival…

Well, I hate 'em pretty bad.

7 points vs ****ing Purdue is inexcusable, you knew they were going to score on Iowa today.

Time to play the Bobby Knight/Purdue halftime speech.

I really wish Jeff Brohm would stop being a try hard bast*** solely against Iowa. They will go back to looking average as f*** next week and going forward. F***ing tired of this sh** with these middling programs and their rah rah bullsh** coaches trying to hang their hat on a win against Iowa.

I am not ready to mail it in yet, but it is not good when coaches are telling reporters that we don't deserve to be #2 and then the team plays like that.

If Iowa can come back from a 17-3 deficit to the 4th ranked team in the country they can definitely COME BACK and stomp Purdont… come out the 2nd half like mean mofos that eat their own S H I T for breakfast and pound the piss out of these rat bastards!

It’s really too bad that this isn’t in West Lafayette so their fans could enjoy this ass kicking win.

Good lord, David Bell is Iowa's daddy!

I can’t think of a more irrelevant football program than Purdue, yet they consistently beat Iowa up and down the field.

Sad that giving up 3 there feels like a victory.

O’Connell could seriously throw for 400 yards and no INTs, against a D that has surrendered an average of 183 on the year. O’Connell also had thrown more picks than TDs entering this game.

Someone pop BELL so hard that he limps off the field! (Clean hit) damn he’s going to have 500 yards receiving today! Thankfully they held them to 3 now it’s up to Statue Petras to get Iowa in the end zone NOW THIS DRIVE NOT LATER… NOW!!!

Bell has just 37 yards less receiving than we have total yards as a team.

I have watched Purdue take Iowa's lunch money too many times over the years. I cannot remember being this angry with our coaches ever. How can it be this hard to beat a shit Purdue team?

Defense needs to get touchdowns. Multiple.

Forcing Purdue to punt a few times would be helpful.

This team should not be losing to Purdue at home on homecoming. Quit believing your own press and play the fricking game.

Phil Parker refusing to swallow his pride and double Bell is ****ing comical.

When Bell gets his signing bonus he should send Hankins a taste.

That option was brilliant by Purdue.

I hope Iowa loses by 30…..what a freakin embarrassment. Every year Brohm works Iowa and Kirk like a part time job.

Hey, at least we will be able to say we held another team under 25 maybe.......

Touchback. Fumbled in to the end zone.

Iowa needs to do something with this turnover.

Jesus Christ, imagine having 8 minutes on the sideline to write up two sacks in a row.

And we will end up losing 7 yards on the drive and punting right back to Purdue.

C'mon Purdue, put us out of our misery.

Need a turnover, ideally a pick 6.

A pick 12 would be nice!

They play three QB's. Our offensive geniuses can't even figure out one. Lol

Maybe we'll win when Bell graduates.

Bell has more yards than we do. As a team. Total.

That's ball game. Iowa is David Bell's bitch.

David. Fookin. Bell. Again.

QB sneak is not our best play though, that down and distance would have been better to throw or the fake dive one way and pitch opposite way. Anything in the book other than QB sneak on 3rd and 2.

Ferentz should step down, pay the salary to Brohm as a head coach who knows offense!

#2 - that was dropped in the Kinnick Stadium toilets.

Never seen a college receiver abuse a team as bad as this before!

How do you lose 3 games to literally one player?

Purdue is the bullies of the BIG!

What a shock. David Bell was wide open on 3rd and long.

Starting to think we might not win this game.

The coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves. Purdue was one of the worst teams in the conference offensively and we've made their crap QB look like Patrick Mahomes. Just unreal. It's like the coaching staff and team didn't prepare at all.

We should retire Bell’s number at Iowa.

Against Brohm the O has to show up coz that guy’s O is built to do well against PP’s schemes. I was definitely expecting Iowa to lay a turd in the first half today but was hopeful we would do better in the 2nd, but its been a comprehensive shitshow. Even the Aussie has been relatively shit today.

Yep, this Purdue team is shit and probably won't make a bowl game. It's a good thing we already got to 6 wins because we might not win another game this season. Purdue was by far the worst team left on our schedule. We have no chance of winning on the road against anyone and if we can't beat Purdue at home then who the hell can we beat?

Brohm is five games under .500 as a head coach yet about to be 4-1 vs Kirk.

Today was a total and complete disaster, top to bottom. We did nothing well today. There is so much that can be said about how badly Purdue truly beat us, but I have to go throw up.

Petras may not be great but he isn’t the reason for today’s turd. Wait a minute, based on the last interception, I retract and apologize.

Then another INT.....just a cluster EFFFF!

New respect for Brohm, class act.

F*** Jeff Brohm. He needs to stop beating Iowa first, and then I'll consider him a class act.

Unfortunately Iowa fans have come to expect 2 things. 1. Embarrassing Penn State. 2. Being embarrassed by Purdue.

I saw the kids in the hospital were to embarrassed to wave back today.

Good to see Purdue has some class act players stop some of their teammates from planting their flag. Not a fan of teams doing that crap.

Post Game Thread (Bonus)

Tough loss. Purdue beat us up on offense and defense. Good week for a bye week. The positive I don’t think we face another WR like Bell the rest of the year and Brohm always schemes well against the Hawks. All is not lost. We still more or less control our own destiny as Purdue plays a much tougher schedule than we do.

Is Bell even a top 5 WR in the conference? I mean maybe, but not definitely.

When he plays Iowa he is Number 1 in the league. He has destroyed us the last 3 years.

Kirk was asked about how to get the struggling run-game going or why it’s struggling and he says “I don’t see it. We had a 6, 8, 10 yard runs I think.”

Kirk is arrogant with regards to offensive excellence.

If only Iowa had coaches that could scheme for juggernaut Purdue (and NW). Wouldn't THAT be something.

Brohm just said he was shocked Iowa played David Bell so much 1 on 1 .....

There’s no excuse for continuing to have single coverage on Bell. It’s either the zenith of arrogance and/or the epitome of insanity.

Honestly, their O Line won the game. great protection, did enough in the run game to keep us honest and very few penalties.

Here's a thought, hire Jeff Brohm as OC. We can pay him more than Purdue, and can you imagine if we had Parker as DC and Brohm as OC? Could be a game changer.

So, basically there was no plan to stop David Bell. All week everyone KNEW the mantra was going to be "don't let one guy beat you", "don't let one guy beat you", "don't let one f***ing guy beat you".............and it sure as f*** didn't look like we did anything to prevent that.

There was not. I think after the 30th time I get my dick caught in my zipper, I’d start wearing underwear. Iowa just gonna keep recklessly yanking that zipper shut with no cloth barrier.

It’s very sad that there was no plan for Purdue’s two best players. Bell dominated Parker…again..and Karlaftis almost single handedly stopped Iowa’s offense. Well, I mean Brian stopped the offense, but Karlaftis was a close second.

I think our plan was to hope that their QB wouldn’t be so accurate.

Half the time the receiver was so open he didn’t even need to be accurate.

I have not felt like this since The Rose Bowl. We got trucked. David Bell = Christian McCaffery.

Post game the reporters were basically setting things up for Brohm to brag about his 4-1 record vs Iowa. However he was full of class and gracious as always. I was hoping just this once he would admit the Iowa coaches make this game easy for him. He is too nice to the Iowa coaching staff. I guess I would be too if they kept serving up the same game plan to me. Hell, Brohm had two weeks to prepare for this same Iowa game plan this year.

Can’t say a damn thing when they own you like they have. They are clearly our kryptonite.

Great game Purdue. Much respect for for your team and coaches. Well done today.

They out schemed, out coached and out played us. They wanted it more and took it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News