ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting tweet from Katie Gearlds

I posted it because Katie has been batted around as a replacement for Coach Versyp. I think all WBB fans here know she won her 300th last night.

Katie was a tremendous player, is a tremendous coach, and, is an even better person...very valid reasons that her name has been batted around, and should be.

At some point, Purdue may again take WBB seriously as a University and commit to it being successful...if so, Katie would be a great and deserving candidate for helping to return it back to relevance.

Nice, and, completely expected of Katie to tweet...more so in that she had a hand (arguably a bigger one than Coach Versyp) in a great number of those wins.

Katie was a tremendous player, is a tremendous coach, and, is an even better person...very valid reasons that her name has been batted around, and should be.

At some point, Purdue may again take WBB seriously as a University and commit to it being successful...if so, Katie would be a great and deserving candidate for helping to return it back to relevance.

NAIA

Versyp would not even win at that level...assuming that is what you were getting at with respect to Katie.

While I understand that with respect to Katie...to a point...there is still something to be said for being able to coach...at any level...and, she can definitely coach.

Versyp would not even win at that level...assuming that is what you were getting at with respect to Katie.

While I understand that with respect to Katie...to a point...there is still something to be said for being able to coach...at any level...and, she can definitely coach.

Do you think IU will look at Greg Tonagel to replace Archie?

Do you think IU will look at Greg Tonagel to replace Archie?
Funny you mention him...another genuinely really good/great coach. For that matter, just as I believe Katie is a better coach than Versyp, Greg could be better than Archie.

I understand your point though...and, there is no chance that would happen obviously at IU, and, probably just as unlikely for Katie at Purdue (although Greg's name would get more play had he played at IU).

There are a handful of guys that have coached, or do coach, at that level that had been a the D-I level...Rollie Massimino was involved with a nice program out of Florida...Lickliter went to Marian from Iowa (and, was at (maybe still is) Evansville).

Homer Drew was a NAIA coach for quite some time before moving on to (and having great success) at Valparaiso.

Such a different game at the D-I level with respect to having to have a great staff, and, be able to recruit and run a much bigger program with many more moving parts.

Reactions: TC4THREE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT