ADVERTISEMENT

"I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious"

hamcoboiler

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 29, 2013
blogger-image--282145745.jpg

The Office fans, probably recognized that subject line line without the help of the photo above.

My fellow Boilers, here is my dilemma. I had a two year run as a premium member on Gold and Black. I was all over the the Swanigan recruitment. My subscription expired shortly after he committed to MSU. When news broke that he backed out of his commitment from MSU, a buddy texted me to get the behind the scene story on Biggie. I told him I was in the dark because my subscription expired, but I was going to renew. He is fully aware of the curse I can put on a team and suggested I don't renew. Since that time, Biggie became a Boiler and things have looked really positive for Purdue on all fronts. I would love to get caught up again as premium member but I know as soon as sign up someone will have a season ending injury.

Do others have the same delusional thoughts I do? #IMissYouBrian

Reactions: SnowLeopard
I've felt that way about just watching PU games since I was traveling during the PU/Wiscy game in 2004. Arrived at a relatives home, turned on the TV in time to see the play preceding the Orton fumble. I get the shakes just turning on the TV now for a Boiler game, but I can't just not watch...

So you can blame me for the recent slide in the FB program...

The Office fans, probably recognized that subject line line without the help of the photo above.

My fellow Boilers, here is my dilemma. I had a two year run as a premium member on Gold and Black. I was all over the the Swanigan recruitment. My subscription expired shortly after he committed to MSU. When news broke that he backed out of his commitment from MSU, a buddy texted me to get the behind the scene story on Biggie. I told him I was in the dark because my subscription expired, but I was going to renew. He is fully aware of the curse I can put on a team and suggested I don't renew. Since that time, Biggie became a Boiler and things have looked really positive for Purdue on all fronts. I would love to get caught up again as premium member but I know as soon as sign up someone will have a season ending injury.

The same? No. Similar? Yes. For example I refuse to let my sister watch Purdue although I suspect when we lose it's because she has watched the game. No, she is not a Purdue graduate, she went to a private girls school years ago. Naturally she denies it being her fault.

No, no I don't believe in crazy, silly superstitions but please don't renew your subscription. You are obviously bad luck for us:)

No. I promise there is no correlation between your favorite team's success and your subscription service, the shirt you wear (or underwear you don't wash) etc. Keep reassuring yourself that giving in to getting a subscription has no impact on Purdue's success, and if something terribly wrong happens the moment you confirm the credit card transaction, it's just a coincidence.

Having said that, I reserve the right to change that opinion and hold you accountable should Biggie break a leg or Mathias becomes academically ineligible or Thompson gets abducted by aliens.

Were you a subscriber when Robbie tore his ACL twice? If not, I think you're free to sign up again.

Btw, did you hear the interview that Painter gave with Dakich where he described the Biggie recruitment from his perspective? It is worth listening to if you want at least one angle on that story.

I wear one Purdue item only. Wearing a hat and a shirt would counteract each other and create a rolling ball of bad luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT