ADVERTISEMENT

If you call yourself a Christian

His sermon was about keeping politics out of the church/your faith, as he states politics aren't spiritual but of this world. And your question is about politics?

And are you surprised that people are twisting the Bible/Christianity as a vessel to try and make money? Been happening for about 2000 years Bob...

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerHuff3
His sermon was about keeping politics out of the church/your faith, as he states politics aren't spiritual but of this world. And you're question is about politics?

And are you surprised that people are twisting the Bible/Christianity as a vessel to try and make money? Been happening for about 2000 years Bob...
One of the questions was taking a jab at the republicans that ostracize those that dare to push back against anything trump.

The first question was simply asking if the Christians here agree with his point. You don’t think that’s a valid question? Apparently not as you ignored it.

Yes. I am surprised the extent to which politics, specifically on the right, has infiltrated the church. I can’t speak for what happened hundred of years ago, but in my lifetime it has never been commonplace to repeatedly refer to and promote a candidate, and his policies, by name from the pulpit. I’ve never seen a former president/presidential candidate slap his name on a Bible and sell it.

Reactions: Klaus 7196
One of the questions was taking a jab at the republicans that ostracize those that dare to push back against anything trump.

The first question was simply asking if the Christians here agree with his point. You don’t think that’s a valid question? Apparently not as you ignored it.

Yes. I am surprised the extent to which politics, specifically on the right, has infiltrated the church. I can’t speak for what happened hundred of years ago, but in my lifetime it has never been commonplace to repeatedly refer to and promote a candidate, and his policies, by name from the pulpit. I’ve never seen a former president/presidential candidate slap his name on a Bible and sell it.

Your first question was ignored because your follow-up question was that stupid.

Are you also surprised how much politics, especially on the left, has infiltrated the church? It's not a one-sided happening.

And I have never been to any church that has promoted a political candidate. I have been to church services that call out evil and evil politics, but never one that promotes any specific political policy or candidate/party.

Your first question was ignored because your follow-up question was that stupid.

Are you also surprised how much politics, especially on the left, has infiltrated the church? It's not a one-sided happening.

And I have never been to any church that has promoted a political candidate. I have been to church services that call out evil and evil politics, but never one that promotes any specific political policy or candidate/party.
That’s convenient too. You get to ignore the first question by complaining about the second.

Do you agree with him?

Then comes the whataboutism.

Infiltrated? You mean dems aren’t welcome in church? They are going in undercover because it’s only for pubs? Bad choice of words or saying the quiet part out loud?

I haven’t seen any videos of pastors promoting Biden or democratic issues. Not a lot of climate change or transgender issues being promoted that I’ve seen. Maybe you could provide some.

I have seen pastors talking about caring for the sick and underprivileged. Feeding the poor. Love thy neighbor. Compassion. Forgiveness. Maybe that’s what you’re talking about with all the infiltration.

I never said all churches or pastors promote political positions or candidates. I’m sure you haven’t seen it. But to deny it’s happening is denying reality.

That’s convenient too. You get to ignore the first question by complaining about the second.

Do you agree with him?

Then comes the whataboutism.

Infiltrated? You mean dems aren’t welcome in church? They are going in undercover because it’s only for pubs? Bad choice of words or saying the quiet part out loud?

I haven’t seen any videos of pastors promoting Biden or democratic issues. Not a lot of climate change or transgender issues being promoted that I’ve seen. Maybe you could provide some.

I have seen pastors talking about caring for the sick and underprivileged. Feeding the poor. Love thy neighbor. Compassion. Forgiveness. Maybe that’s what you’re talking about with all the infiltration.

I never said all churches or pastors promote political positions or candidates. I’m sure you haven’t seen it. But to deny it’s happening is denying reality.

You have reading comprehension problems.

I used "infiltrated" because you did.

"I am surprised the extent to which politics, specifically on the right, has infiltrated the church"

I never denied it happens, I questioned your "commonplace" phrasing.

I "conveniently" ignore the first question because it's a leading question. You are trying to "gotcha" someone. Which is made more clear by your follow-up question.

I thought Uncle Bni would jump in here to correct you, but then remembered he is not allowed to criticize dems.

Jeremiah Wright, BHO's minister; FauxRev Al, Jesse, souls to polls, etc. You missed all of that somehow?

I am more curious than ever for you to tell us your regular news sources because they must be pretty bad. You took umbrage before when I said you are afraid to tell us, but what other reason is there?

I thought Uncle Bni would jump in here to correct you, but then remembered he is not allowed to criticize dems.

Jeremiah Wright, BHO's minister; FauxRev Al, Jesse, souls to polls, etc. You missed all of that somehow?

I am more curious than ever for you to tell us your regular news sources because they must be pretty bad. You took umbrage before when I said you are afraid to tell us, but what other reason is there?
Oh FFS. Because I don’t want to waste my time with your juvenile BS. Considered that? You’ve got some prearranged, nonsensical game you’re itching to play that you can bring up down the road when you get bored. Like you’re doing now. What’s this…….Like 7 or 8 times you’ve asked rofl? Your oversized opinion of your own importance precludes you from realizing I don’t GAF what you want.

Oh FFS. Because I don’t want to waste my time with your juvenile BS. Considered that? You’ve got some prearranged, nonsensical game you’re itching to play that you can bring up down the road when you get bored. Like you’re doing now. What’s this…….Like 7 or 8 times you’ve asked rofl? Your oversized opinion of your importance keeps you from realizing I don’t GAF what you want.
Others have not been afraid to state their news sources. Why are you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT