ADVERTISEMENT

If DGL pulls a Rickie

Jahottinger

Sophomore
Gold Member
May 24, 2017
Someone put it out there… so let’s discuss. I know we are already looking to add a big man. So if DGL flipped to UK, personally I think two options stand out. @Brian_GoldandBlack.com could probably rip off 4 more possibilities… but these are the two that jump to front of mind:

1) Orme gets offered with the expectation he will take a RS. It keeps the Hamilton County pipeline running, and with transfer rules being what they are, he could always leave like Weatherford(?) (who was that guy from Hamilton Heights?) after giving us a PWO type effort in practice. Obviously that’s worst case. Best case is he’s a tall shooter who contributes as an upperclassman.

2) Transfer market. I list this as 2 because you never know if you will need to replace your own guys. If someone leaves unexpectedly, then all of a sudden we’d be banking on the portal for 2 guys. I just saw us struggle to land 1… so I don’t want to risk needing multiple.

… anyone else have other options they think need mentioned? It’s just a hypothetical. No need to panic over DGL leaving, but I do think talking out the scenarios is interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News