ADVERTISEMENT

I guess the Hoosiers are pretty high on their new coach and JMU's players:

Good luck with that as they couldn't manage 2 conference wins and barely beat Akron in overtime. I doubt they improve enough to go to a bowl game.

Reactions: Abugabby
Good luck with that as they couldn't manage 2 conference wins and barely beat Akron in overtime. I doubt they improve enough to go to a bowl game.
IU Radio said Hoosiers might start the season 6-0. Favorable schedule.

while our out of conference schedule is ND and Oregon St.

2024 Indiana Football Schedule​

Saturday
Aug. 31
FIU Panthers Football ScheduleFIU Panthers Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, INTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 7
Western Illinois Leathernecks Football ScheduleWestern Illinois Leathernecks Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, INTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 14
UCLA Bruins Football Scheduleat UCLA Bruins Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, CATime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 21
Charlotte 49ers Football ScheduleCharlotte 49ers Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, INTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 28
Maryland Terrapins Football ScheduleMaryland Terrapins Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, INTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 5
Northwestern Wildcats Football Scheduleat Northwestern Wildcats Ryan Field, Evanston, ILTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets

“Easily?” And start 6-0? They have 2 road games against teams bowling in those first 6 games. They lost 20+ transfers and these weren’t guys looking for more playing time but effectively their entire starting offense except 1 OL and most of their defense. I don’t expect any of their recruits to contribute in 2024. They have talent coming in from the portal, especially on offense, but you don’t build a defense on 4 players from the portal. They have no secondary next year. Maybe sanginietti will come back for his 6th year…

Their coach is going to realize they're not in the Sun Belt any more.
They were 2-0 against P5 teams this year and we would probably take most of the transfers they brought with from JMU. I think they might even be better than this year but to go from 1-8 to top 12 team is a tall order.

Reactions: BTBall
Looking at that schedule, as posted, I can see 3 wins, not 6. UCLA is a decent team. Everybody always says Northwestern is an easy game to win and Northwestern keeps winning. Maryland could be tough.

I do believe it’s time for Purdue to start having a cup cake non conference schedule rather than the one we play. We get nothing from looking good in losses to good teams. I believe even players would look forward to the possibility of having blow out wins against teams like western Tennessee state and middle Iowa technical college and lower Orlando institute of technology than to play real teams and lose! Everybody - fans included - like 49-10 victories where everyone gets to play rather than 24-17 games where we lose and our first string plays the entire day! Fans love blow out victories and don’t really care who they are against and buy more beer in blow outs!

And let’s be honest. A cup cake schedule leads to a bowl game. And it’s not like Purdue is going to be playing. In any college championship game any time soon. It’s not like Purdue is competitive in The NIL. It’s not like Purdue has to worry about their strength of schedule. Winning 3 non conference games against cupcakes is a good thing. If Purdue could win 3 non conference games and 3 conference games, that’s 6 wins and a bowl game. Purdue almost beat Syracuse and Fresno st this year. And both of those teams and Minn and Virginia tech played in bowl games. And nobody questioned their non conference schedules. It’s time for Purdue to swallow their pride and concentrate on winning games rather than trying to look impressive while losing!

IU Radio said Hoosiers might start the season 6-0. Favorable schedule.

while our out of conference schedule is ND and Oregon St.

2024 Indiana Football Schedule​

Saturday
Aug. 31
FIU Panthers Football ScheduleFIU Panthers Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, INTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 7
Western Illinois Leathernecks Football ScheduleWestern Illinois Leathernecks Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, INTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 14
UCLA Bruins Football Scheduleat UCLA Bruins Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, CATime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 21
Charlotte 49ers Football ScheduleCharlotte 49ers Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, INTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 28
Maryland Terrapins Football ScheduleMaryland Terrapins Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, INTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 5
Northwestern Wildcats Football Scheduleat Northwestern Wildcats Ryan Field, Evanston, ILTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
and 7 home games at the bird cage

They were 2-0 against P5 teams this year and we would probably take most of the transfers they brought with from JMU. I think they might even be better than this year but to go from 1-8 to top 12 team is a tall order.
It's easy to win 2 P5 games when you only play 2 of them. They've never played a 9 game B1G schedule before so I'm sure they'll "feel" the difference halfway through the season and still have a lot of body blows left to take.

Loosiers are always full of hubris about this time of the year. 9/10 seasons they come back down to earth 5 games in. This year won't be different.

All fans like to brag about their teams and most believe their team is a lot better than it truly is. Fans from other schools laugh at Purdue basketball fans. Every year Purdue basketball fans are predicting their team is a final 4 team.

For the past 10 years, I’ve predicted Purdue basketball would win 20 games and be a sweet 16 team and nothing more. Purdue fans have called me stupid, crazy and negative! But I’ve been pretty accurate.

Rather than bad mouthing IU fans for believing their team will be great, I encourage you to allow them to have their dreams. And to buy yourself a mirror! Don’t worry about IU. Concentrate on Purdue. Sometimes you worry too much about other teams especially IU. Some of you talk more negative posts about IU than you post positive thoughts about Purdue!

Purdue has a chance to win 6 games and go to a bowl game next year. That’s where your thoughts and dreams should be. Walters has brought in some nice talent. Teach Mockabee how to hold into the football and we could be a .500 team.

I have high hopes and dreams for Purdue. But I’m not a homer! I’m a Purdue grad! Purdue taught me to be realistic and objective!

Their coach has promised that they’ll win big right away, and the same does who loved the RevCoach LEO are eating it up. I’m sure the JM kids will put them over the top! lol Indinia!

Looking at that schedule, as posted, I can see 3 wins, not 6. UCLA is a decent team. Everybody always says Northwestern is an easy game to win and Northwestern keeps winning. Maryland could be tough.

I do believe it’s time for Purdue to start having a cup cake non conference schedule rather than the one we play. We get nothing from looking good in losses to good teams. I believe even players would look forward to the possibility of having blow out wins against teams like western Tennessee state and middle Iowa technical college and lower Orlando institute of technology than to play real teams and lose! Everybody - fans included - like 49-10 victories where everyone gets to play rather than 24-17 games where we lose and our first string plays the entire day! Fans love blow out victories and don’t really care who they are against and buy more beer in blow outs!

And let’s be honest. A cup cake schedule leads to a bowl game. And it’s not like Purdue is going to be playing. In any college championship game any time soon. It’s not like Purdue is competitive in The NIL. It’s not like Purdue has to worry about their strength of schedule. Winning 3 non conference games against cupcakes is a good thing. If Purdue could win 3 non conference games and 3 conference games, that’s 6 wins and a bowl game. Purdue almost beat Syracuse and Fresno st this year. And both of those teams and Minn and Virginia tech played in bowl games. And nobody questioned their non conference schedules. It’s time for Purdue to swallow their pride and concentrate on winning games rather than trying to look impressive while losing!
I agree with you. Cupcake schedule lead to a bowl game. However I think our AD is more interested in selling out our home games and building brand and exposure. Western Illinois will most likely not be a sell out at Ross Ade.

exposure to prime time instead of BTN. ND will be televised on NBC. Syracuse was picked up on NBC. It is a balance. programs like Northwestern and IU do not care because they do not expect to sell out their stadiums.
interesting balance indeed.

Their coach has promised that they’ll win big right away, and the same does who loved the RevCoach LEO are eating it up. I’m sure the JM kids will put them over the top! lol Indinia!
I've never seen them so happy about raiding JMU for 2* recruits.

I agree with you. Cupcake schedule lead to a bowl game. However I think our AD is more interested in selling out our home games and building brand and exposure. Western Illinois will most likely not be a sell out at Ross Ade.

exposure to prime time instead of BTN. ND will be televised on NBC. Syracuse was picked up on NBC. It is a balance. programs like Northwestern and IU do not care because they do not expect to sell out their stadiums.
interesting balance indeed.
Their new coach will be shocked when he realizes they played in front of bigger home crowds than IU routinely draws.

Looks like Josh Sales will be a Boiler. Not a shock that so many of the Indinia players want out of that dump.

I've never seen them so happy about raiding JMU for 2* recruits.
I’m sure they’re thrilled but their idiot fans don’t know any better anyway. They all thought the RevCoach Leo was a great coach right up to the moment he got the boot.

I am reminded of AD Morgan’s big speech at the press conference when he hired Hazell. Morgan said he fired Hope because mediocrity was not acceptable at Purdue! Morgan said he hired Hazell with the expectation that Hazell would lead Purdue to a BIG 10 championship or to at least be a championship contender! Morgan was so positive in his speech that Hazell would be so much better than Hope! Morgan was so full of BS and basically trying to sell tickets!

when Brohm was hired, the AD’s speech was different but similar. It was very positive but the AD said the goal was to make Purdue one of the top half big 10 teams. If you can count, that basically meant his goal for Purdue football was to be one of the top 7 teams and that would be acceptable! In other words, his goals for Brohm were to have a winning record and make a bowl game! When Brohm was hired, the AD never said his expectations were that Brohm would lead Purdue to a championship!

And now we have Walters! Our current AD has been rather mum and noncommittal about his expectations. He’s more objective than being a rah rah AD trying to sell tickets. Purdue Fans are a lot more objective and no longer believe the lies previous ADs told them.

Are IU fans ignorant and such homers that they believe what their AD and new coach says? I doubt it. My wife thinks it’s total BS. But there are still a few IU fans who are homers and believe anything and everything they hear. Politicians know this and feed on these people! They do exist at every school. Eventually they realize they’ve been lied to. Eventually……..

It's too early to conclude anything about this IU team's prospects for wins. While Cignetti has very quickly rebuilt the offense through the portal, the defense has major holes. If and when Cignetti addresses that side of the ball, then I suppose we can better asses what kind of a team it will be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT