ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t think chemistry at receiver or departures at receiver is going to be our top issue or even a big one..

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
As long as Oconnell is the QB. Here’s why

1. Check out the play at 0:21 at Notre dame.. anthrop is an athletic mismatch in Notre dames favor. To even get him the ball required throwing into a tight window. To get him the ball on the run in stride shows that receivers don’t make Oconnell.. he’s the opposite of Ken Dorsey at miami. He makes receivers and doesn’t need receivers to make him. Have a look.

2. As Brian has noted,. He won the bowl game without Wright and bell and without having a playmaker on defense in karlaftis to give that security. Now, I think Tennessee was a loose, sloppy football team.. along the lines of 2018 Ohio state with far less talent BUT they also weren’t northwestern by any stretch.

3. But there’s something else… brand new wide receivers got in the game with Oconnell, and excelled! Bare with me as it was hard to tell when plummer exited without spending too much time but I think this was all Oconnell …

Mershawn rice - gets in the game against UConn and ND.. 6 catches for 69 yards all of Oconnell iirc .. without injury there’s no reason he couldn’t have done much more. So he goes out and then…

Abdur-Rahmaan Yaseen - He gets his first action shortly after and boom … 5 catches 93 yards…

ask yourself this… if you didn’t know those guys were brand new to the field, would you have been able to tell?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News