ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll take my medicine

“His money” is mid tier in the conference.
You guys are arguing with an indinia fan who is here primarily due to iu firing his favorite coach/man crush years ago. He knows little about what it has taken to get Purdue to this point from the depths it was as a program under Hazell and will never acknowledge the mess that Brohm inherited. No matter the facts shown to him he will continue to move the goalposts.

It was a TD, obviously in some place in time it was, it just didn’t count because they didn’t follow the rules…burp
If the rules weren't followed by the refs, then you must acknowledge the rules weren't followed by Tennessee and no matter how you cut it, it shouldn't have been a touchdown. Tennessee should have never been in that position though. Their coach called a trash game, yet no one wants to talk about how their coach screwed them.

Reactions: z_one
I don’t think we will ever be a consistent 9 win team. I think more importantly than a 9 win season is program stability. I am not implying that consecutive losing seasons is acceptable, but I feel like a 9 or 10 win season is going to be the best it gets.
There's no reason Purdue couldn't make a run at the playoffs in the future. MSU had a good shot this year and they weren't that special.
I remember when we were picked to win the NC when Orton was QB. We smoked ND, he was leading the Heisman race and then......the Wisconsin game happened (and we're still recovering).

We got hosed in OT but that’s on Tennessee for allowing the refs to make a game changing call.

Have fun at my expense.
At one time I said I didn't mind your posting here. That time has past. You lost. I tried to objectively look at that play from several angles and listened to the talking heads. I might agree with you if your other player weren't attempting to pull your guy into the end zone. It even appears that he pulls his arm toward the goal line. I would have preferred that it was cut and dried so that you didn't have anything to whine about. However, I am ecstatic with with win! I really thought our undermanned squad would get smashed. I am happy to eat crow! Great coaching job by Brohm and great effort by our players! Go Boilers!

Reactions: BigTimeAt69
I can find about 50 pundits saying it was a touchdown. Clearly we agree to disagree. He didn’t flag Fant for assisting the runner so that’s a moot point IMO.

Ive watched a lot of football and been involved in a lot of football. Never in my 25 years of being highly invovled with the game have I seen forward progress called on the goal line.

It was a BS call.

But we should have ended it when we had the chance, multiple times. That’s on Tennessee.

Lol you haven't watched as much football as you think then.... forward progress gets blown on the goal-line a decent amount. Safety reasons, they don't want defensive players coming in and blowing them up

Lol you haven't watched as much football as you think then.... forward progress gets blown on the goal-line a decent amount. Safety reasons, they don't want defensive players coming in and blowing them up
My question is, why should forward progress be called differently for different spots on the field and different times in the game? If it's a stop of forward progress at the 50 yard line on the first drive, it's a stop of forward progress at the goal line with 20 seconds left.

Reactions: Purdue85
Because for the better programs, 9 is a minimum. But I guess you're okay with less. Let's hope he does better next year.
As we've discussed before, it doesn't matter what I'm okay with, and you posting as you did doesn't make you a better fan, in spite of what you want to think.

9 wins... ties us for the 2nd most Purdue wins ... of all time. And that's your demand... your "minimum". (Or else!)

Think about that. This is a hire you've shat all over for years, now you're demanding he take the program to all-time highs.

This really just reeks of you setting the bar at level that gives you the greatest chance of continuing to p*ss and moan about him.

At least. If not, Pat, it's all your fault. Your expectations aren't high enough.
Shame on you.
Neither one of you demand enough excellence. You’re both settlers.

How does that meme go? “Tell me you haven’t followed Purdue Football without telling me you haven’t followed Purdue Football.”

Reactions: purduepat1969
Not sure why you're stuck on this "9" thing.

In the history of Purdue football, that's only been done TWICE before. Think about that. Use logic and reason, for just one moment...

It's almost like you were setting the table to be able to claim: "Failure!"

Speaking of "tiring", that's why people are giving you so much chit... your carping and b*tching about Brohm became tiring long, long ago.

As to Les, and what he would have done at Purdue, yes... yes, we do know. It played out in Kansas.
Purdue has had 9 win seasons (including one 10 win season) Ten times before this year not Two. That is a not a stellar history but better than your post indicates.

Last edited:
As we've discussed before, it doesn't matter what I'm okay with, and you posting as you did doesn't make you a better fan, in spite of what you want to think.

9 wins... ties us for the 2nd most Purdue wins ... of all time. And that's your demand... your "minimum". (Or else!)

Think about that. This is a hire you've shat all over for years, now you're demanding he take the program to all-time highs.

This really just reeks of you setting the bar at level that gives you the greatest chance of continuing to p*ss and moan about him.
Completely agree. What Brohm has done is nothing short of miraculous. Aske anyone at the end of Hazel years where we would be in 5 years and I would bet that most would be saying getting to bowl games again. 9 wins far exceeded my expectations.

The next step is a harder one to make. How do we now compete with the big boys. We have to start being consistent. So bowls every year with hopefully 7-9 wins each year. If we do that then more 4 and 5 stars will take us serious. Then we start closing the talent gap with the top 3-4 teams. This is a process that will take years. Sure being great once a decade is doable but to truly complete then Brohm will need continued success and improvements each year.

To now say that 9 is the minimum is beyond dumb. We just had our best year in what 17 years? To just arbitrarily make that the new standard is incredibly unfair to the coaches and players alike.

Reactions: delarno
Completely agree. What Brohm has done is nothing short of miraculous. Aske anyone at the end of Hazel years where we would be in 5 years and I would bet that most would be saying getting to bowl games again. 9 wins far exceeded my expectations.

The next step is a harder one to make. How do we now compete with the big boys. We have to start being consistent. So bowls every year with hopefully 7-9 wins each year. If we do that then more 4 and 5 stars will take us serious. Then we start closing the talent gap with the top 3-4 teams. This is a process that will take years. Sure being great once a decade is doable but to truly complete then Brohm will need continued success and improvements each year.

To now say that 9 is the minimum is beyond dumb. We just had our best year in what 17 years? To just arbitrarily make that the new standard is incredibly unfair to the coaches and players alike.
Excellent post. It is not easy for teams that are not in the top 20 or so teams historically to attain 9 wins every year. Hopefully, we will put ourselves in the position of being able to attain that goal more frequently.

Reactions: Beorik

Nope....I haven't "shat" on anyone. If I were to hire you, I'd have expectationsp based on your pay grade, and your past performance. Until this year, his performance has not matched....or come close to what he's being paid. As for those 9 wins tying Purdue's best, If I were to hire you I'd expect you to make my company better the same way I expect a coach to perform. Simply stated, IMO he's expected to continue to better the program and again, IMO that should be the expectations of all fans. That is MY opinion.

Nope....I haven't "shat" on anyone. If I were to hire you, I'd have expectationsp based on your pay grade, and your past performance. Until this year, his performance has not matched....or come close to what he's being paid. As for those 9 wins tying Purdue's best, If I were to hire you I'd expect you to make my company better the same way I expect a coach to perform. Simply stated, IMO he's expected to continue to better the program and again, IMO that should be the expectations of all fans. That is MY opinion.
Disagree. I've said it before, and it bears repeating, you hated this hire from day 1, and it's come across in your posts.

Doesn't mean I think you're a bad guy, and I don't dislike you, but it's a blind spot for you.

What's more, you didn't hire him. Bobinski and Daniels did. His pay is also now more in line with middle of the pack, B1G. That should now be your expectation, according to this thread.

I respect your opinion, and making the program better doesn't always translate to immediate W/L, which has been discussed, analyzed, and dissected ad nauseum, which you've argued against.

I see Brohm as being the brother from a different mother to Kirk Ferentz. I doubt we'll ever be measured alongside the UMs, OSUs, etc., in our lifetime. That doesn't mean we can't compete for a B1G title, and be an occasional top 10 team. (Which, it appears we're headed in that direction.)

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Purdue has had 9 win seasons (including one 10 win season) Ten times before this year not Two. That is a not a stellar history but better than your post indicates.
Pardon me, and thanks for the correction ... tied for the SECOND most wins in program history.

Hope that helps clear up any confusion I created as it relates to Boilermaker football history.

😉

Reactions: delarno
We got hosed in OT but that’s on Tennessee for allowing the refs to make a game changing call.

Have fun at my expense.

If the Vol Tight-end doesn't pull your running back across the goal, you possibly get the score. But once the tight-end engaged in pulling the running back, clearly that gave a visual key to the ref that the forward progress was stopped. it was the correct call.

There's no reason Purdue couldn't make a run at the playoffs in the future. MSU had a good shot this year and they weren't that special.
I remember when we were picked to win the NC when Orton was QB. We smoked ND, he was leading the Heisman race and then......the Wisconsin game happened (and we're still recovering).
I think we could potentially pull a rabbit out of a hat. I just don’t think we will or can be a power year after year. I would love to be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT