ADVERTISEMENT

Hyron Edwards

Jan 10, 2007
Is apparently taking his talents to trinity valley community college. Maybe that is old news but saw that on the Hoosier reunion roster. I hope he gets his ducks in a row and makes the move to D1 scholly some day, tons of talent.

Is apparently taking his talents to trinity valley community college. Maybe that is old news but saw that on the Hoosier reunion roster. I hope he gets his ducks in a row and makes the move to D1 scholly some day, tons of talent.

Due to grades, attitude or ability? This guy was a clear high major talent for a while.

Due to grades, attitude or ability? This guy was a clear high major talent for a while.

From what I've seen and heard (and that's admittedly not a huge amount), His grades and lack of development in his game seem to be the main factors. He looked like a top 100 recruit early on but competition seemed to catch up with him. Haven't heard that his perimeter shooting has improved (which was expected when he was ranked so high) or his ability to run an offense.

If his game would have continued to develop I think a few D1 programs would have found a way to get him admitted with his grades (some programs always seem to be able to perform these admittance gymnastics when the recruit is talented enough) but since his game seems to be fairly one dimensional (good but not great quickness and athleticism to get to the basket) programs aren't going to go to the trouble.

Maybe he works hard in the classroom and gym and ends up somewhere in D1 in a few years.

Grades I read. Anyway, started playing well late in career. I hope Painter keeps an eye on him there, because if his jumper comes around consistently, he could do great at the D1 level. In any case I wish him the best.

From what I've seen and heard (and that's admittedly not a huge amount), His grades and lack of development in his game seem to be the main factors. He looked like a top 100 recruit early on but competition seemed to catch up with him. Haven't heard that his perimeter shooting has improved (which was expected when he was ranked so high) or his ability to run an offense.

If his game would have continued to develop I think a few D1 programs would have found a way to get him admitted with his grades (some programs always seem to be able to perform these admittance gymnastics when the recruit is talented enough) but since his game seems to be fairly one dimensional (good but not great quickness and athleticism to get to the basket) programs aren't going to go to the trouble.

Maybe he works hard in the classroom and gym and ends up somewhere in D1 in a few years.
It's strictly grades. I mean he never took an SAT. On the court he had as good a senior year as anyone. He shot the ball well and ran his team well. He did everything you can ask for in a senior ON the court.

It's strictly grades. I mean he never took an SAT. On the court he had as good a senior year as anyone. He shot the ball well and ran his team well. He did everything you can ask for in a senior ON the court.

That's a shame. But hopefully Trinity is a place where he can focus and get his grades in order.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT