ADVERTISEMENT

Help, hurt, no difference

Does this bowl performance impact transfer attractiveness?
switching D and O philosophies with all new coaches. The program and the coaches will be the selling points. Do love the interview with Walters when they asked him "why Purdue", and he talked about coming to RA 2 years ago for an 11 a.m. tip with a full house in attendance. He noticed, potential players notice.

Why wasn’t Walters involved in coaching the game? Uw’s new coach coached their team! Instead of bringing in drew Bree’s to make the networks happy, we needed some actual coaches!

Reactions: drewjin
Why wasn’t Walters involved in coaching the game? Uw’s new coach coached their team! Instead of bringing in drew Bree’s to make the networks happy, we needed some actual coaches!
I think he has more important things to take care of than coaching in a meaningless game. Let him focus on evaluating his new team, recruiting and assembling a staff. I don’t like who we had coaching the game but I don’t think Walters needed to coach.

You can see why Hagen, after what 25 years of coaching, has never seen a DC. During thee interview Walters clearly did not like the D with the cornerbacks 7 yards off the line
Yep I noticed that. Walters will change that and if not he better find a offense that scores a bunch of points!!
It seemed Purdue blitzed more than ever and I don’t think they even recorded a sack so coach Walters has his work cut out before next year.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Yep I noticed that. Walters will change that and if not he better find a offense that scores a bunch of points!!
It seemed Purdue blitzed more than ever and I don’t think they even recorded a sack so coach Walters has his work cut out before next year.
We have to be the worst blitzing team. Seems we blitzed a lot this year, but it was usually picked up easily.

I don't think it ever helps to get your doors completely blown off like that. But, if Walters can spin it properly and somehow use it to his advantage in recruiting the portal (don't ask me how, that's his job to figure out), maybe some good can come of it.

Reactions: purduepat1969
You can see why Hagen, after what 25 years of coaching, has never seen a DC. During thee interview Walters clearly did not like the D with the cornerbacks 7 yards off the line

There's a reason why they played 7 yards off the line. They'd get blown by if they hadn't...

I think we all believed part of the reason for Brian to stay and coach was to give him a chance to show his chops as a head-coach-in-waiting, either at LaVille or elsewhere. That appears to have backfired as this game will not make a good bullet point on a future resume.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT