ADVERTISEMENT

Haas and USA Team?

Mar 25, 2015
I have heard that Isaac Haas has been invited to try out for the USA team playing in the Pan AM games in Toronto, July 21-24. Tryouts are in Colorado, I think? Does anyone have any additional information? I believe with his size and athletic ability that he would be (HUGE) shoe-in for this team! If his development over this summer is similar to last year, we are gonna have the best front court in the country-IMHO.
safe_image.php

Yes, Haas surprised the heck out of me. IMO he made a better player out of AJH and is a big reason CS is coming here. He has good shooting form and I will bet his FT's will rise at least 20%. He runs the floor well and is a good 1 on 1 defender, but must become more agile and thus a better team defender. He also has to move the ball around his body more when he gets the ball. In my day that meant catching some defenders with an accidental elbow, but the refs call it differently today. I still hope AJH improves, so he can play 9 minutes a game at PF in situations to give Haas more playing time.

I agree that our front court will be great and we should charge to watch scrimmages, as they will be better than many games. Giving 10-11 players enough playing time will be a big challenge for Matt.

Yes, Haas surprised the heck out of me. IMO he made a better player out of AJH and is a big reason CS is coming here. He has good shooting form and I will bet his FT's will rise at least 20%. He runs the floor well and is a good 1 on 1 defender, but must become more agile and thus a better team defender. He also has to move the ball around his body more when he gets the ball. In my day that meant catching some defenders with an accidental elbow, but the refs call it differently today. I still hope AJH improves, so he can play 9 minutes a game at PF in situations to give Haas more playing time.

I agree that our front court will be great and we should charge to watch scrimmages, as they will be better than many games. Giving 10-11 players enough playing time will be a big challenge for Matt.
Has SNU preapproved your post?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT