ADVERTISEMENT

Guarding Storr

He has been on a scoring streak the last few games. At six seven he is a matchup problem. To quick for Loyer, too tall for Jones. I assume Jones gets the call with subs Morton and a little bit of Heide.
Last game Matt rotated Ethan and Fletch early in a game and through the game. That is one possibility. Fletch at least this year will always be a question in how much he helps the offense and it is much more than scoring, versus his mid-range and closer D. Storr has to be out on the perimeter defending Fletch as well and if Fletch is "on" Purdue will probably ride that hand

Mason and Cam will get minutes on him as well. Zach can handle his mid range, but as always the four man at the time has to keep Zach's man from rebounding and scoring. Wisconsin has more bigs than many teams Purdue has faced and we might see Trey in there a bit more. Which script is on will be what rolls the dice with. I think it is safe to say that when the opportunity to push the ball, Purdue does. Decision making by Braden and Lance will be important.

He has been on a scoring streak the last few games. At six seven he is a matchup problem. To quick for Loyer, too tall for Jones. I assume Jones gets the call with subs Morton and a little bit of Heide.

Wisconsin is a problem because they can score well out of all 5 positions.

Storr will get his. Key is to hold him around 18. I don't think anyone in the B10 has done great on him, and I have no idea what CMP's plan is there?? Kid's just too good when he is on. Matchup nightmare.

Holding Klesmit down might be the key?? I think Morton sees his fair share of minutes to go to work on Klessmit. Alot more than I would prefer, hope I can handle it, watching M out there on offense. Lol.

Loyer, might rise to the challenge .....or just as easily folds to the physicality of the game and disappears. Always interesting if he comes to play or not?

agreed. I sure would like to see Cam continuing to grow into an all around guy that can be helpful on matchups like this. We need an athlete that's a little bigger. Moreso come tourney time. Ethan's been playing well imo and I'm hoping to see that continue.

Usually when folks say the opponent is too quick for Morton I disagree because he uses his height to catch up, pressure or block the shot. But in this case that likely won’t work since height is close. Sure, give Heide a shot , but not as his primary defender.

Last game Matt rotated Ethan and Fletch early in a game and through the game. That is one possibility. Fletch at least this year will always be a question in how much he helps the offense and it is much more than scoring, versus his mid-range and closer D. Storr has to be out on the perimeter defending Fletch as well and if Fletch is "on" Purdue will probably ride that hand

Mason and Cam will get minutes on him as well. Zach can handle his mid range, but as always the four man at the time has to keep Zach's man from rebounding and scoring. Wisconsin has more bigs than many teams Purdue has faced and we might see Trey in there a bit more. Which script is on will be what rolls the dice with. I think it is safe to say that when the opportunity to push the ball, Purdue does. Decision making by Braden and Lance will be important.
in regards to the their Bigs, Paint likes doubling up on opposing teams Bigs down low, I'd like to see him just go 1 on 1 w/ them, they are pretty good passers

Reactions: tjreese
Good one.
Morton keep up with Storr?? I would be interested in seeing that. Lol.

Many games Kesmitt is leading scorer. Morton might be able to shut him down? Maybe.
Morton did a good job on Buie from getting to the lane. But storr a diff player than Buie. Storr is a matchup problem and I think Heide is built to guard a player like that, but not sure he is ready just yet. Hope he gets some decent run up in a hostile environment. Place is gonna be rockin.

in regards to the their Bigs, Paint likes doubling up on opposing teams Bigs down low, I'd like to see him just go 1 on 1 w/ them, they are pretty good passers
It has been rare...maybe two or three times Purdue has doubled this year. Zach has not received the help he has in the past where it was automatic double and that has allowed Purdue to be tighter on the perimeter or at least not start out bad due to the rotations. Trey gives a different look inside than in the past on D and O. It will be interesting to see what is effective THAT day.

Good one.
Morton keep up with Storr?? I would be interested in seeing that. Lol.

Many games Kesmitt is leading scorer. Morton might be able to shut him down? Maybe.
Klesmit is quiet for a lot of the game and then all of a sudden he goes on a 12-0 run by himself in 3 min. Don’t poke the bear and leave him alone 😂

I wonder if paint puts Zach on Wahl like I believe he did last year? If so that leaves our 4’s guarding Crowl (7’) until Edey gets him in foul trouble 😉. Klesmitt is typical pain in the arse type 🥃 player that will go off and have their best game against us. He's got a sweet shot so hopefully we keep him from getting in a rhythm. Stor is a matchup problem. Who does Jones guard, Stor or Klesmitt? They run lots of screens for Klesmitt and Jones gets through screens better than Loyer but he’s also quicker which is beneficial in guarding Stor. Tough call for Painter on matchups for our guards!

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Jones did a nice job on Storr. He showed that being strong and quick (being able to stay in front of a guy) is often more important than just being a similar height.
A nice job?!??!? HE WAS PHENOMENAL. Slowed him down and got him out of rhythm. Storr has been their best player all year and Lance made him take bad shots, made him uncomfortable. I thought storr was gonna be a matchup problem, but he was not due to lance. Morton helped a tad too (yeah yeah I’m givin him some cred)

Also thought Smith’s D was good on Hepburn. We took 1 and 1A out of their offense and I thought that was huge
Hepburn has been weird this year. He hasn’t looked for his shot much the last 3 games. At times he has seemWe unsure of himself. Still a pest on defense but wasn’t really much offense.

Reactions: pboiler18
Also thought Smith’s D was good on Hepburn. We took 1 and 1A out of their offense and I thought that was huge
I agree that Smith did a good job, but I don't think I'd call Chucky 1 or 1A. They're very balanced, but I was more fearful of Klesmit, Wahl, and Storr than Hepburn. Where he gets you is on the defensive end with steals, which he got late against Braden.

A nice job?!??!? HE WAS PHENOMENAL. Slowed him down and got him out of rhythm. Storr has been their best player all year and Lance made him take bad shots, made him uncomfortable. I thought storr was gonna be a matchup problem, but he was not due to lance. Morton helped a tad too (yeah yeah I’m givin him some cred)
🤣 “nice” was definitely an understatement!

• Haha
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Frosted Flakes Swerk GIF
Job Lance!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT