ADVERTISEMENT

Got Grambling on my mind

"......Unless we just shoot like 20 percent from three and play our worst game of the season,..."
I think Purdue has circled this game for essentially this past year. Regardless of who they were playing, I think Purdue will come out hot and stay hot all game. They want to make a statement to themselves and redeem last year.

I think Purdue has circled this game for essentially this past year. Regardless of who they were playing, I think Purdue will come out hot and stay hot all game. They want to make a statement to themselves and redeem last year.
They will come out and play hard and be focused. I'll hold off on the hot. :) My smaller concern is that once that demon is killed that they don't relax too much the next game. I don't think they will. I think they have matured somewhat in that area.

Reactions: TMA62
They will come out and play hard and be focused. I'll hold off on the hot. :) My smaller concern is that once that demon is killed that they don't relax too much the next game. I don't think they will. I think they have matured somewhat in that area.
I was sort of thinking the opposite...once the first game is out of the way our guys can relax and play our game. Play the game that we played in Maui where it was push, push, push, lob inside, bomb some threes, etc.

I was sort of thinking the opposite...once the first game is out of the way our guys can relax and play our game. Play the game that we played in Maui where it was push, push, push, lob inside, bomb some threes, etc.
This is where the media comparisons between FDU and Grambling St could help Purdue mentally. Blow out Grambling St and the narrative is disproven, providing a confidence boost.

I don’t see this team taking any game lightly in this tournament. To your point, the goal is to play without fear of losing. They need to come out attacking and not let up until the game is out of reach.

Little confused? I said,"They will come out and play hard and be focused. I'll hold off on the hot. :) My smaller concern is that once that demon is killed that they don't relax too much the next game. I don't think they will. I think they have matured somewhat in that area."

Are you saying you think they will relax too much? Or did you mean they would not relax too much, but be more relaxed?

This is where the media comparisons between FDU and Grambling St could help Purdue mentally. Blow out Grambling St and the narrative is disproven, providing a confidence boost.

I don’t see this team taking any game lightly in this tournament. To your point, the goal is to play without fear of losing. They need to come out attacking and not let up until the game is out of reach.
I think this team will continue to be aggressive, but unsure his meaning about thinking he opposite of what I wrote. Others seem to have got his thinking the opposite, but unsure I did?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT