ADVERTISEMENT

Good news for many here (I think)

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
In the Boiling Over just posted now on the Premium Board, GBI actually posted an extensive quote by AD Mike Bobinski (even while admitting that it is unusual for GBI to post ANYTHING about WBB) regarding Bo’s thoughts on Purdue’s WBB. While I can’t divulge in detail what he said, it certainly sounds as if he is going to do a major eval of the program at the end of the season. At least he is saying the right things.

If he meant what he said in 2019 about his expectations for the program, then it should be a very quick evaluation.
Yes but last year they were going to be in the NCAA tournament. This year "No chance". So things are not improving for sure.

Reactions: jindy
At least a change is possible. I think Versyp
Did an acceptable job at first. But it has been spiraling down. Unless there are extraordinary reasons, it sure seems a change would make sense.

The women lost by 30 tonight, she needs to be let go the day after their final game, no excuse for this crap. If players leave no biggie, not winning with them, also, I'm sure some of the better ones would stay.

The women lost by 30 tonight, she needs to be let go the day after their final game, no excuse for this crap. If players leave no biggie, not winning with them, also, I'm sure some of the better ones would stay.
You are correct but they did lose to one of the best teams in the country.

In the Boiling Over just posted now on the Premium Board, GBI actually posted an extensive quote by AD Mike Bobinski (even while admitting that it is unusual for GBI to post ANYTHING about WBB) regarding Bo’s thoughts on Purdue’s WBB. While I can’t divulge in detail what he said, it certainly sounds as if he is going to do a major eval of the program at the end of the season. At least he is saying the right things.
I get what you're saying. It's not necessarily good news in that none of us really wanted to see it get to this point but it would be if the program can return to prior high levels. Personally I like Sharon, think she tries to recruit good kids and represent Purdue well and had hoped that she and the team would find the success that we all wanted. Unfortunately that hasn't and doesn't look to be occurring so it seems(at least in my opinion) to be time to make a change.

What was the main cause of the demise of the program? In-state programs Notre Dame and most recently Indiana's success has had to hurt recruiting. Michigan seems to be hitting the recruiting trail hard in Indiana too, although Kim Barnes-Arico for all the talent she brings in isn't lighting things on fire in Ann Arbor.

Nipped Illinois at home today after almost blowing a 16 point lead with 9 minutes to go. Time for a change.

Reactions: Gesysp
Actually, they DID fritter away a 16 point lead. Illinois tied it at 61 with just under 2:30 to go.
At this point a win's a win, so I'll take it. Hope the ladies can finish this year with a few more then let the administration do what needs to be done to make the future brighter.

Reactions: DocRon
At this point a win's a win, so I'll take it. Hope the ladies can finish this year with a few more then let the administration do what needs to be done to make the future brighter.
I agree, a win is a win. I'm sure the ladies are happy tonight after getting back in the win column. I feel good for them.....I've been on a losing team before (we didn't win a game) and it pretty much sucks.

In the write up of the game on purduesports.com they made it sound as if this was the final home game for Jenelle Grant, Fatou Diagne and Tamara Farquhar. If so, I guess that means no seniors will be back for an extra year other than Karissa McLaughlin.

Reactions: jindy and DocRon
I agree, a win is a win. I'm sure the ladies are happy tonight after getting back in the win column. I feel good for them.....I've been on a losing team before (we didn't win a game) and it pretty much sucks.

In the write up of the game on purduesports.com they made it sound as if this was the final home game for Jenelle Grant, Fatou Diagne and Tamara Farquhar. If so, I guess that means no seniors will be back for an extra year other than Karissa McLaughlin.
Most schools are treating this the same way for Sr's in the program. Probably for the best for the teams sake for them to move on, Diagne would be one that I wouldn't mind to see return although that probably would affect Kyle's minutes.

Thanks for the mention of the seniors Russ. I should have mentioned them too but without the normal senior day recognition this year I just plain forgot. That being said, a big THANK YOU to the Lady Boilermaker seniors. We all appreciate your efforts, and that you've put in so much work to represent Purdue as student athletes.

Thanks for the mention of the seniors Russ. I should have mentioned them too but without the normal senior day recognition this year I just plain forgot. That being said, a big THANK YOU to the Lady Boilermaker seniors. We all appreciate your efforts, and that you've put in so much work to represent Purdue as student athletes.
The error was made by Morgan he should have hired Amy Ruley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT