ADVERTISEMENT

Good morning! Here's what to expect.

Travis Miller

Publisher
Staff
May 30, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
www.boilerupload.com
Welcome aboard to those who are staying! I appreciate you taking the time to stay around as we get things going under a new regime. I know many have asked about what to expect going forward, especially since I am the one in charge now. Well, here is what we have.

First off, I will not be writing as much.

(pause for applause)

I am here more in an administrative role. The main voices will be Casey and Jace. They both have the same access that the old team here had and Casey has moved back to West Lafayette from South Carolina in order to cover Purdue fully. They are on staff full time and will be providing on the scene stuff from day 1, as both will be at the basketball practice media availability today. Jace is credentialed for the final four football games of the regular season, even going on the road to Illinois and Indiana. These guys are ready to hit the ground running.

Kyle is on board for more X's and O's analysis as well as recruiting analysis. We will also be supplementing recruiting with what the main Rivals recruiting provides, and there will soon be a new recruiting product provided by Rivals that I know you will enjoy (hint: it rhymes with Mransfer shortle)

As for what they will provide, it will be a mix of old and new. Yes, there will still be practice interviews, postgame pressers, and the like, but there will also be some new features. Jace has done a fantastic job with his podcast long before coming over here, and he already has a great lineup of Purdue personalities, starting with Katie Gearlds today. There will be more podcasts and more YouTube stuff.

As far as what I will write, much of it will be interviews with opposing sites and I want to expand on Purdue coverage to ALL sports. For example: I am a big fan of college baseball, and over at Hammer & Rails I regularly wrote about the team during the season all the way back to the Big Ten title season of 2012. I plan to have at least a weekly wrap of the so called "Olympic Sports" throughout the year. I'll have some editorial pieces from time to time, but for the most part this is the Casey and Jace show since they are the full time guys. I know for this to be successful less from me is more, and I am happy to step back and let them shine. Handling the back end stuff is plenty, anyway.

Yes, we will still have some free stuff, but we recognize that you guys are subscribers and here for a reason, so there will be plenty of paywall content. Our tone will be different here as well from Hammer & Rails. That was a very different type of site. Over here it is more business than business casual. Since a couple of guys are staying over at Hammer & Rails that style will still be going over there. I know this place is more news and more serious, but we can still have a little fun from time to time.

Again, thank you all as we work through the transition. There are sure to be some hiccups, but I appreciate Rivals coming to me for this opportunity. Thank you to Josh for contacting me and giving me a shot.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News