ADVERTISEMENT

Gillis

My prediction is he lands with a big time school and fills the role as mentor and 6th man as he pursues a chance to win a championship

Reactions: oldboiler52
If Gillis is getting 400k to go to Duke, TKR is worth 8-900k by the statements of the Painter/Fanbase hype machine.

I believe what we all want for Gillis is to be placed in a good situation with a good academic school And an honest program. We might not like Duke as his destination. But I have to believe it’s a good situation for Gillis.

If Gillis is getting 400k to go to Duke, TKR is worth 8-900k by the statements of the Painter/Fanbase hype machine.
cool GIF

Does everyone realize that Duke had 7 kids transfer out? That doesn't include the ones declared for the draft....They only have 2 guys left from last years roster...I know they have the #1 recruiting class but it might not be a great time next year

Reactions: titaniumbolt
Once kids leave Purdue I usually don't have time to follow. Hope I can make time for a Duke game. Gillis is a nice role guy for any team. I am sure he will get minutes and be a fan favorite. As he is one of mine.
Nice pickup for Duke. What I wish I could see though is how Gillis schools these incoming Duke rookies in practice....without saying a word.

Does everyone realize that Duke had 7 kids transfer out? That doesn't include the ones declared for the draft....They only have 2 guys left from last years roster...I know they have the #1 recruiting class but it might not be a great time next year
That’s why Gillis is a great recruit for them. To capitalize on his leadership, he’s an excellent team leader, experience, a winner, set the tone for expectations. And can knock down perimeter shots which Flag is not great at

Good he will get to play in an amazing atmosphere and play with the potential overall pick in 2025…and go to a good university. Man he’s gotten to play with some great players in his career. Good for him and I hope he kills it

Good for Mason, would have loved for him to return but he was forced out, it is what it is but that’s what happened. I don’t mind the High School approach but in my opinion 6 was too many, I realize Matt has forgotten more hoops than I know though.

Good for Mason, would have loved for him to return but he was forced out, it is what it is but that’s what happened. I don’t mind the High School approach but in my opinion 6 was too many, I realize Matt has forgotten more hoops than I know though.
Would have had to only signed 4 for
Mason to stay. So which two do you let go?
We were waiting on Harris for quite some time and Jacobsen re-classed surprisingly.

Reactions: Boilermb
Why do you say that? It's kind of insulting to both Purdue and Mason to call the degrees he has earned a "scam."
I didn't say the degree is a scam. I said higher education is pretty much a scam. For the most part, you are effectively massively overpaying for a credential that we use to judge/assess other people (for the most part, foolishly).

"University degrees are the new taxi medallions" - Naval Ravikant

totally agree the name on the degree is a money grab in alot of cases; that said I like having mine PURDUE branded :) .... but in honesty I think at least in a technical field there is a generally a noticeable difference when someone has a degree and does not. As well as just from a social conversation stand point; the dunning-kruger effect is in full force!

Reactions: BoilerDeac
At the same time, they are bringing in one of the strongest recruiting classes ever. It might be a rough, but they might be very good by the end of the season.

Most of these guys will be 1 and dones. Adding Gillis to the mix might just add the stability and maturity that they need. It’s a great opportunity for him.

Would have had to only signed 4 for
Mason to stay. So which two do you let go?
We were waiting on Harris for quite some time and Jacobsen re-classed surprisingly.
I used wrong wording, he’s been here for 5 years, Matt wanted to move him along and use ships for the new additions, nothing wrong with that. Also, if he returns that’s putting a dent in others playing time.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT