ADVERTISEMENT

Garrett Miller to portal

These guys all transferring (thinking more offensive players especially WR) makes me think one of two things:

1. There is something internal inside the locker room they don’t like (coaches, teammates, etc.)
2. We are getting some studs that are going to come in and take their spots.

Honestly, I’m all for them transferring if it’s best for them! But, it’s just strange this many offensive players are leaving so quickly.

Reactions: pboiler18
These guys all transferring (thinking more offensive players especially WR) makes me think one of two things:

1. There is something internal inside the locker room they don’t like (coaches, teammates, etc.)
2. We are getting some studs that are going to come in and take their spots.

Honestly, I’m all for them transferring if it’s best for them! But, it’s just strange this many offensive players are leaving so quickly.

Only like 3 players who have entered the portal were anything better than depth.

Burks
Downing - and that is probably debatable but I like him
Kaltenberger - also probably debatable as he isn't very good but we can't afford to lose OL

Maybe Yaseen but he couldn't stay healthy

May have missed someone but losing a bunch of guys who weren't P5 level isn't an "internal concern" but sure

he exit remarks were interesting. he said he had no idea where he is going, but he knows he is coming.

is there somebody out there that is like a pied piper encouraging them to enter the portal and we'll find you a new home?

it looks like a lot of the players who entered the portal received some really bad advice. very few are ending up bettering themselves.

he exit remarks were interesting. he said he had no idea where he is going, but he knows he is coming.

is there somebody out there that is like a pied piper encouraging them to enter the portal and we'll find you a new home?

it looks like a lot of the players who entered the portal received some really bad advice. very few are ending up bettering themselves.

One of those people encouraging these players to enter the portal is Ryan Walters

Reactions: krf3632
Only like 3 players who have entered the portal were anything better than depth.

Burks
Downing - and that is probably debatable but I like him
Kaltenberger - also probably debatable as he isn't very good but we can't afford to lose OL

Maybe Yaseen but he couldn't stay healthy

May have missed someone but losing a bunch of guys who weren't P5 level isn't an "internal concern" but sure
Big mistake for us to not let Kaltenberger play more on the OL (anywhere) when he was healthy. That said I think he overall missed 4-5 games with injuries. I think he’s more than serviceable and Maryland got a guy who can contribute.

Yasmeen isn’t a loss. Guy can play but A. He’s not elite and B. He’s never ever been healthy.

Think Downing improved greatly in every facet this year. Would have likely been 2nd at best on depth chart but always need injury depth. I wouldn’t have asked him to leave.

Burks…not “Forever a Boilermaker” in my book. Won’t be following his career any longer. Dead to me!

Big mistake for us to not let Kaltenberger play more on the OL (anywhere) when he was healthy. That said I think he overall missed 4-5 games with injuries. I think he’s more than serviceable and Maryland got a guy who can contribute.

Yasmeen isn’t a loss. Guy can play but A. He’s not elite and B. He’s never ever been healthy.

Think Downing improved greatly in every facet this year. Would have likely been 2nd at best on depth chart but always need injury depth. I wouldn’t have asked him to leave.

Burks…not “Forever a Boilermaker” in my book. Won’t be following his career any longer. Dead to me!

I always liked Downing and thought he looked really good in his chances this year, but I don't really know RB talent. I spend most of my time watching OL.

Losing Kalt hurts depth for sure and at the most important place. But he probably wouldn't be a starter, and wasn't very good when he did play. If he gets better Maryland got a decent interior OL.

Maybe they are finding out Purdue's academic expectations are too high, so they move on to someplace less rigorous. TIC

I always liked Downing and thought he looked really good in his chances this year, but I don't really know RB talent. I spend most of my time watching OL.

Losing Kalt hurts depth for sure and at the most important place. But he probably wouldn't be a starter, and wasn't very good when he did play. If he gets better Maryland got a decent interior OL.
I mentioned after the iu game that Downing looked leaner and quicker, didn't like losing him esp w/ what's left at RB

Reactions: Hausta01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT