ADVERTISEMENT

game vs Mich

I think they should just air it out on every play. Just like Mark Hermann was there. Still lose but get a ton of passing yards. There is no reason to try and play ball control. Just have fun.

I'm afraid it's going to be similar to the Pitt - nd game

Reactions: Bippus33
Harbaugh will rub it in whereas Day took it easy cause he knew psu was next team up

Reactions: Bippus33
Cannot believe this line is currently at 32. That should go up dramatically leading up to gametime.

This would probably be an even bigger upset than '76 when undefeated Michigan was #1 (@ 8-0 with four shutouts) and left Ross-Ade with a loss, 16-14.

The film on this one does not look promising, although Walters' Illini defense last year gave the Wolverines fits. I can't see how Purdue keeps it within three TD's, but they might be able to cover - not that I would wager on it....haha - a potential "bad beat" SVP game in the making? Line drops to 34.5. Michigan up 51-10 late.....Burks scores on a TD in the last seconds, and Purdue misses the PAT wide left.

I can hear SVP - "Ohhh Boilers.....all you had to do is make a freakin extra point......."

Last edited:
This would probably be an even bigger upset than '76 when undefeated Michigan was #1 (@ 8-0 with four shutouts) and left Ross-Ade with a loss, 16-14.

The film on this one does not look promising, although Walters' Illini defense last year gave the Wolverines fits. I can't see how Purdue keeps it within three TD's, but they might be able to cover - not that I would wager on it....haha.
I've watched them 4 X's this year , even if they come out and have a slow start they are just too powerful to handle for our team. Our O will not be able to stay on the field and the D will just wear down. like death by a python. They run alot of crossing patterns that will give us fits, very accurate and athletic qb. Throw in they have something to play for while we don't other than pride. If the weather is decent this is going to be a prime time embarrassment. As far as last year w/ Walter D, that was w/ different players, kind of what I was getting at in my post about Garrett Riley. Clemson fans thought they were going to get TCU's 40 some points / game this year, not happenin.

I've watched them 4 X's this year , even if they come out and have a slow start they are just too powerful to handle for our team. Our O will not be able to stay on the field and the D will just wear down. like death by a python. They run alot of crossing patterns that will give us fits, very accurate and athletic qb. Throw in they have something to play for while we don't other than pride. If the weather is decent this is going to be a prime time embarrassment. As far as last year w/ Walter D, that was w/ different players, kind of what I was getting at in my post about Garrett Riley. Clemson fans thought they were going to get TCU's 40 some points / game this year, not happenin.
Can’t believe this is one of the prime games Saturday night. This will be the ultimate embarrassment.

Can’t believe this is one of the prime games Saturday night. This will be the ultimate embarrassment.
I can only imagine what the announcers will be talking about to keep themselves amused during the game. I can see it now, the lead guy will say well Todd w/ Purdue behind 35 -0, what do they have to do to try and get themselves into the game for the 2nd half? Blackledge will be polite as usual and say " well Purdue has done some good things, Mockabee hasn't fumbled, Burks had that one 20 yd catch, and the OLIne has given Card some time in the pocket. They are just over matched here w/ two teams going in different directions and Purdue fans will just have to be patient w/ Coach Walters and give him a chance to show what he can do. Then in the 4th when it's 56 - 3 and the "action" is going on the field they will be discussing about other teams and who has the best chance to do this or that.

At this point I just hope to see incremental improvements. 100 passing yds is an embarrassment for a team that almost averaged 300 yards passing against Big Ten teams last year.

Don’t turn the ball over, play solid defense and show the ability to at least move the football. I just want some sign that this coaching staff can coach kids up for the future.

At this point I just hope to see incremental improvements. 100 passing yds is an embarrassment for a team that almost averaged 300 yards passing against Big Ten teams last year.

Don’t turn the ball over, play solid defense and show the ability to at least move the football. I just want some sign that this coaching staff can coach kids up for the future.
I try to stay positive, but Neb gave us like 4 TO's and couldn't do much w/ those gifts, Mich is not going to beat themselves. I just don't see anything good for us happening for us up there prime time.

I think they should just air it out on every play. Just like Mark Hermann was there. Still lose but get a ton of passing yards. There is no reason to try and play ball control. Just have fun.
That’s an huge insult to those Herrmann-era teams— that run from 1978-1980 was arguably the best in Purdue history!

Reactions: pboiler18
Was a youngster with my dad (now gone) at RA for the UM upset in ‘76. 7th row behind Purdue bench. 47 years later and still such a Great memory!! Was an amazing game!! Rock Suppan intercepted passes and kicked a FG to get SI’s Player of the week nationally.

2 weeks later, we went back. Corso came in and won his first Bucket game. Alex Agase was fired a day or 2 later.

Was a youngster with my dad (now gone) at RA for the UM upset in ‘76. 7th row behind Purdue bench. 47 years later and still such a Great memory!! Was an amazing game!! Rock Suppan intercepted passes and kicked a FG to get SI’s Player of the week nationally.

2 weeks later, we went back. Corso came in and won his first Bucket game. Alex Agase was fired a day or 2 later.
I was there, was a soph. My parents from Pa came out once a year for a game/visit. They chose that one. We were fortunate to win that one. Never forget Mich opening play where Leach had a wide open Smith for a long TD pass but he dropped it.

Reactions: 4IUSox2

That was my favorite game before the Brees to Morales OSU game. What great times back then with being able to walk around the field during the game.

Similar to when Colletto pulled off a 9-3 upset of Michigan at R-A in '96.

Colletto announced his resignation after a loss at Wisconsin the previous week. The team rallied around their lame duck coach for one game but then fell flat again, especially in a disjointed home loss to Indiana two weeks later. The Hoosiers sent Bill Mallory out in style.

Michigan was good in '96, but not exceptional like this year.

SIGNALS??? For this game Harblow doesn't need any Stinking Signals!!!
OzY2.gif

Purdue football team is continually up against 2 opponents: the other team and the Purdue coaching staff. Hard to win when it's 2 against 1, not that they have much chance against Michigan anyway!

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
And yet Inspector Clouseau was at 5 of our games this season!

f9yjquzxaaadw_4.png
That’s what makes these Wolverine tools so despicable— Michigan already enjoys EVERY possible built-in advantage a football program can have, and yet they are neck-deep in this kind of penny-ante nonsense….

Remarkable stupidity for a purported “academic powerhouse “ 🤣🤣

Can we just ask Notre Dame to play the game for Purdue

How, precisely, would the all-time poster child for spinelessly wilting on the big stage do any better than Purdue?!?

We may blow this year, but we certainly don’t need THE most fraudulently overhyped program ever to accomplish what we can do on our own.

We are officially the worst team in the conference, least amount of wins, horrible offense and special teams, suspect at best on defense and even the loosiers can beat wi. WTF is going on with this program?

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT