ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue recruiting Flory Bidunga update.

Travis Miller

Publisher
Staff
May 30, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
www.boilerupload.com
Not a full post worthy full write up, but it is a nice nugget of info for the pay board here. I was in Kokomo tonight to watch some football and talked to my administrator friends regarding Flory Bidunga. This was also after a discussion with some national people with Rivals recruiting as I was driving up.

First, the general consensus outside of Kokomo is that Cincinnati is in the lead. After talking with my guys up in the press box tonight, they believe that is not a sure thing. He is getting ready for a highly anticipated season this year where virtually the entire team that made a run to the semi-state is back, so expectations are high in Kokomo. Think expectations as high as Purdue last year, but at the Indiana HS basketball level with a similar passionate fanbase.

Remember, he is an IB student that came over to the U.S. from the Democratic Republic of Congo. This is just his second year in the U.S., and his recruitment has pretty much exploded in the last 9 months or so. A lot of this is very new to him and his host family is very helpful.

Purdue has shown interest. Matt Painter has been at a few of his games. He is the No. 2 ranked recruit right now for 2024. So there is a lot of interest in him. His next unofficial is supposed to be to Michigan State, but I was told there is a chance he may not even go to college and he could test the pro waters if the NBA changes its draft eligibility rules. There is also their G League early entry process too.

He is certainly a high level prospect. He did not have much of a game away from the basket last year, but he has been working on more of a jump shot. He is elite around the rim and tries to dunk everything and block everything. His athleticism is top notch too. If he develops a game away from the rim he will be an elite prospect.

Kokomo plays Ben Davis in an early season shootout at Brownsburg in December. I will be there and the KHS SID already said I can get an interview with him, so I will have something more at that time.

Does Purdue have a shot? It is anyone's guess. I am betting Cincy is in the lead, but he is going a lot of places and has been hosted by Purdue. There is always a chance.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News