ADVERTISEMENT

Finish to our Recruiting class.

OhioBoiler3

True Freshman
Oct 21, 2012
Pretty slow around here right now, which is expected, but what would be the ideal finish to our recruiting class for you guys? Try to keep it on topic about who you want to round it out and not turn it into a typical "shoop and our recruits suck thread."

Here are the guys I want:

1. Brian Cole ATH (Michigan Commit)- I think we all want him, and it's going to be tough to get him, probably wont happen especially with Harbaugh likely going to Michigan, but would immediately become our Prized recruit.

2. Ke'Shawn Vaughn RB- Would much rather replace Ennis with Vaughn. Highly recruited and anytime you can bring in a big time player you do it. Would immediately make our young group of RB's better. We have a lot of RB in this class already but I don't know whats going to happen with Rob Ennis and his Pending legal trouble (Personally don't want him, seems to have character issues just based on what we've heard.)

3. Javon Provitt DT- Obvious position of need and has great size already at 6'3 305 and we severely lack depth up front so early playing time could be big in his recruitment. Looks to be a heavy Kentucky lean but has offers from UK, Purdue, Cincinnati, and West Virginia.

4. Donta Thompson WR- We need some playmakers at WR and he could be one. AT 6'4 205 he's got great size that could create some mismatches. We desperately need some playmakers on the outside.

5. Brandon Knight OT- Get him to flip, think we need one more OL in this class and we can all agree that we hate IU so this just makes sense in my mind. Get a good recruit and hurt IU in the process. It's a win, win. I think it is going to be tough to do seeing how we finished the season.

Tried to keep it at 5, what do you guys think? As always, Boiler Up and Hail Purdue!

That would def. be a solid end to the class.

I think Vaughn has Akeem Hunt type athleticism and speed, but better vision and is more durable. Would be a huge get for us, no doubt. I think we end up getting one of Cole or Vaughn.

Would be nice to flip Knight, but at this point thats just not happening IMO.

a Big DT would be nice....since after 2016 we don't have any on the roster.

I'm less optimistic. I think Cole stays with Michigan...Vaughn gets stary-eyed and goes to one of the big boys...Purdue loses out on the others.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Afraid Cole will stick with Harbaugh, but think Purdue has an outside chance at Vaughn and Thompson. Purdue needed to win convincingly at IU to facilitate any change from Knight and, unfortunately, that did not happen.

With the current lack of on the field success I'd bet our recruiting for 2016 is already "FINISHED" as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT