ADVERTISEMENT

Finally Seeing The Offense That We All Was Expecting...

BoilerInChiTown

True Freshman
Oct 5, 2016
Totally different offense today. Letting Card use his legs and open up the offense and use our running games to setup the throws. This was what we were expecting with Harrel and Card and they finally showeed it today.

Great to see...but our man coverage on the the other teams receivers are still suspect. Need to chage this up. Good win today.

I think the problem with the coverage has more to do with personnel than the scheme. While I agree you gotta switch it up some to work with what you have it’s a fine line of accommodation of the players you have and still teaching the scheme your team will be working with.

I think the problem with the coverage has more to do with personnel than the scheme. While I agree you gotta switch it up some to work with what you have it’s a fine line of accommodation of the players you have and still teaching the scheme your team will be working with.
Yes! Allen and Kane are safeties not coverage men and it definitely has shown this year…but you have to put your best players on the field and figure out positions later. Lack of depth and injuries have killed this team…heck between the OL, DBs and WRs you never know who’s even going to play until the game starts! This year hasn’t been easy but I’m proud of this team today and hoping for better days ahead!

Yes! Allen and Kane are safeties not coverage men and it definitely has shown this year…but you have to put your best players on the field and figure out positions later. Lack of depth and injuries have killed this team…heck between the OL, DBs and WRs you never know who’s even going to play until the game starts! This year hasn’t been easy but I’m proud of this team today and hoping for better days ahead!
I really think that with every recruiting cycle for the first couple years we’ll see big jumps in the on field product. As coach gets more players tailored to his offense and defense and our more experienced guys have time in the system we’ll have much better results. It amazes me how many people can’t understand why we aren’t winning the B10 this year and want to sack a new coach even before his first season is over

I really think that with every recruiting cycle for the first couple years we’ll see big jumps in the on field product. As coach gets more players tailored to his offense and defense and our more experienced guys have time in the system we’ll have much better results. It amazes me how many people can’t understand why we aren’t winning the B10 this year and want to sack a new coach even before his first season is over
I didn't expect winning the B10, but this should have at least been a bowl team if the coaching and play calling had been this good all year. It took until game 10 to finally see some creativity from the offensive playbook. Also took until game 10 for them to realize that they don't have the personnel to go man coverage every down on defense when many fans could see it from game 1. I get wanting to run your scheme on defense, but the best coaches are flexible with their scheme to adjust to the strengths and weaknesses their players have.

Reactions: BoilerAlumni12
People were pissed because the team wasn’t living up to its potential early in the year and was getting worse by the week until the Minny miracle today.

Let’s see if we can keep it rolling. Opposing teams will adjust…will we?

There definitely has been some lows this season and playing calling/play on the field has been questionable at times but at the same time you have to remember all new coaches, bunch of new players and new schemes….it’s not always easy in year 1 especially with a depth issue/injured roster across the board. Don’t get me wrong this season has has been frustrating to watch but the schedule has done us no favors for a new team! I’m hoping yesterday was a step in the right direction to get the train rolling! It’s safe to say Walters and staff will have to hit and win the transfer portal this off season. I’m not trying to make excuses for these coach’s I’m just trying to give them a chance before writing them off because yesterday showed hope!

Last edited:
Reactions: NVboiler and z_one
part of the microwave generation

People were pissed because the team wasn’t living up to its potential early in the year and was getting worse by the week until the Minny miracle today.

Let’s see if we can keep it rolling. Opposing teams will adjust…will we?
wow, Minny miracle or Minny minimizer, easy to criticize when they lose but give some credit where credit is due. Minny is a program we've had trouble w/ in the last 10 yrs.. We put 49 on them all on long drives no short fields or TO's for points too

That had been the question I had asked on here a couple of times. Where was the dual threat with Card? We finally saw it yesterday, which opened up the passing game.

Well done finally by the offensive coordinator and the players executing!

Reactions: z_one and NVboiler
My hope is that just as it is with players, that coaches have to get acclimated to the conference, university, each other, and players. So, maybe, this is the turning of a corner as coaches come into their own.

Reactions: z_one
wow, Minny miracle or Minny minimizer, easy to criticize when they lose but give some credit where credit is due. Minny is a program we've had trouble w/ in the last 10 yrs.. We put 49 on them all on long drives no short fields or TO's for points too

And that last score covered like 103 yards!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT