ADVERTISEMENT

Emily Monson enters transfer portal

Hardly stunning, wise move on her part, writing was on the wall for her playing time wise. I hope that’s all that leaves although my guess would be one more.

Not surprised. She seemed like a respectful young lady. Good culture piece. Always smiling. Anyone hearing anything about Meg Newman? Indiana kid, stints at Arizona State and Alabama.
Well said, I wouldn't of minded having her all 4 years even if she never played because she seemed like a great teammate. With 15 schollies, we could afford to keep a player or two like that on the team. This doesn't feel like she was pushed out at all and she just wanted to go somewhere with more opportunity to play. I wish her all the best!

Well said, I wouldn't have minded having her all 4 years even if she never played because she seemed like a great teammate. With 15 schollies, we could afford to keep a player or two like that on the team. This doesn't feel like she was pushed out at all and she just wanted to go somewhere with more opportunity to play. I wish her all the best!
Agree!

Reactions: tomgloe
Seems to me that a few women have left the program without getting much of a chance to show their stuff. Ms Monson certainly did not get a lot of floor time on a team that had a pretty poor record. KG does not seem to give her recruits a real shot at getting playing time. Does this mean that KG is terrible in evaluating recruits or that she simply does not have enough trust to show them the floor. Only time will tell. I hope that Emily gets a chance to flourish elsewhere.

Reactions: MichaelRR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT