ADVERTISEMENT

Edey Combine Grade A , 1st Round Coming Baby!!!!!

Fiba U19 2021! Canada. Look it up! USA won the championship with Holgrem, but Edey was the more impressive player in the tournament. However since the USa won the tournament the mvp went to an American.

Fiba U19 2021! Canada. Look it up! USA won the championship with Holgrem, but Edey was the more impressive player in the tournament. However since the USa won the tournament the mvp went to an American.
You meant Chet Holmgren?! Lolol Woleā€¦.how weā€™re supposed to know when you said ā€œHolcombā€, you meant the #2 overall pick in 2022ā€¦but you were referring to the Fiba U19 2021 šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

I see Edey going in the top 10, anywhere from 8th to 10th. To put money on it, I'd say he's the 9th or 10th pick. Either right in front of Dalton Knecht or right after him. I would love to see him in Boston or Indy.

Boston would be an interesting destination, Twin.....but it doesn't have a pick until 30th, IIRC. Golden State is another, but right now, its first pick is at #52. Pacers without a first-rounder.

Maybe somebody moves up......

Boston would be an interesting destination, Twin.....but it doesn't have a pick until 30th, IIRC. Golden State is another, but right now, its first pick is at #52. Pacers without a first-rounder.

Maybe somebody moves up......
Would be really cool for San Antonio to take him but not sure theyā€™d take him at 8ā€¦edey under the guidance of Pop and Duncan would be absolutely amazing for his development. and then pairing him with the Alien?! Two 7ā€™5 guys at the 4 and 5 would be nasty.

Reactions: Roeder
Derek Holcomb played for Indiana and Illinois back in the day.
ā€œHolcā€ was in the same ā€˜76 recruiting class with Woody, Glen Grunwald, Butch Carter, Billy Cunningham and Mike Midday. Midday, from OH, only lasted a few games and ended up in the MAC, I believe. Holcomb, from Peoria, to ILL. Cunningham to UNLV.

Well deserving if Zach is a lottery pick. His play in the NBA has been doubted...but he will. have a good professional career. I hope the Pacers draft him if not a lottery pick.

Reactions: oldboiler52
Boston would not be my first choice for him, Stevens/Boston has rolled the dice on Purdue guys and we have not had our guys stick there or get great opportunities and then used as trade pieces (Carsen Edwards, Jajuan Johnson, Etwaun Moore). I hope Edey gets a meaningful shot this season, but I donā€™t like our track record in Boston.

Top 15. Could be top 10.
No brainer at this point.
Boston would not be my first choice for him, Stevens/Boston has rolled the dice on Purdue guys and we have not had our guys stick there or get great opportunities and then used as trade pieces (Carsen Edwards, Jajuan Johnson, Etwaun Moore). I hope Edey gets a meaningful shot this season, but I donā€™t like our track record in Boston.
I think it's fair to say that each of those guys made their own opportunity. Or not.
dont't think any of them affect what Zach does.

Ok I was thinking of Holgrem the guy who
ent to Gonzaga. They both were in that FIBA tournament and Edey clearly outplayed him. So if Holgrem is thought good enough for the NBA, Edey should have equal success.

I donā€™t follow IU basketball so I didnā€™t realize the names were close and people were thinking I was talking about some IU player.

Last edited:
Ok I was thinking of Holgrem the guy who
ent to Gonzaga. They both were in that FIBA tournament and Edey clearly outplayed him. So if Holgrem is thought good enough for the NBA, Edey should have equal success.

I donā€™t follow IU basketball so I didnā€™t realize the names were close and people were thinking I was talking about some IU player.
The names arenā€™t close, Wole šŸ˜‚

Would be really cool for San Antonio to take him but not sure theyā€™d take him at 8ā€¦edey under the guidance of Pop and Duncan would be absolutely amazing for his development. and then pairing him with the Alien?! Two 7ā€™5 guys at the 4 and 5 would be nasty.
I would take Sheppard at 4 and Edey at 8, and then Hansen in the second round. SA worked well with Duncan and Robinson, so I too think the twin towers concept will work, especially if they get two outstanding three point shooters. I also think you will see Edey shooting more from 3.

I would take Sheppard at 4 and Edey at 8, and then Hansen in the second round. SA worked well with Duncan and Robinson, so I too think the twin towers concept will work, especially if they get two outstanding three point shooters. I also think you will see Edey shooting more from 3.
Nice thought and would be cool but still not sure Edey gets picked that high. Although Pop might push for them to do the unexpected out of the box thing

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Donā€™t disagree, still donā€™t like Boston.
I don't like them either. But mostly because they win too much.
Making good draft decisions a big part of that.
Just like high school stars that don't make great college players so too great college players to the pro level is a crapshoot, and getting lucky enough to get the right opportunity.

Youā€™d have to be crazy to think Clingan is a better playerā€¦and he was projected top 8-10 a few weeks ago. Could see the Spurs easily taking Edey at 8 and having a great career there.

Youā€™d have to be crazy to think Clingan is a better playerā€¦and he was projected top 8-10 a few weeks ago. Could see the Spurs easily taking Edey at 8 and having a great career there.
Would love that. Hope it happens. Iā€™m seeing them take Sheppard or Dillingham at 4 and then Matas Buzelis at 8ā€¦6ā€™10 kid shot 24% or maybe it was 28% in G League Igniteā€¦did go to the same school as Jacobsen for a year (donā€™t believe they were there at the same time). Not sure why Spurs draft him since he wouldnā€™t be ready to play at the nba level but who knowsā€¦hope Zach goes there

Would love that. Hope it happens. Iā€™m seeing them take Sheppard or Dillingham at 4 and then Matas Buzelis at 8ā€¦6ā€™10 kid shot 24% or maybe it was 28% in G League Igniteā€¦did go to the same school as Jacobsen for a year (donā€™t believe they were there at the same time). Not sure why Spurs draft him since he wouldnā€™t be ready to play at the nba level but who knowsā€¦hope Zach goes there
Spurs seem like a team that would definitely be interested at pick 8. Lotta teams might view edey as their "wemby defender" and SA could take him there to keep him away from those teams. Also his game complements wemby's pretty well so there's that too...

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Spurs seem like a team that would definitely be interested at pick 8. Lotta teams might view edey as their "wemby defender" and SA could take him there to keep him away from those teams. Also his game complements wemby's pretty well so there's that too...
Right? We keep hearing how edey ā€œwill be exposed in the PnRā€ but 1. Almost everyone is and 2. If he gets beat, they got big Vic back there to protect the rim. So itā€™ll be interesting to see what they do at 8

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT