ADVERTISEMENT

Duck's coach Lanning makes some dumb decisions

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
4th and 3 on Wash's 49 w/ 1:30 left and goes for it. Made some crazy calls last year too, kind of reminds me of L A Rams coach. There's a fine line between being aggressive and stupid

4th and 3 on Wash's 49 w/ 1:30 left and goes for it. Made some crazy calls last year too, kind of reminds me of L A Rams coach. There's a fine line between being aggressive and stupid
They weren’t going to stop Washington’s offense even if they punted the ball to the one yard line. Oregon’s offense was playing just as well. If they get the first down there the game is over. I love the call.

They weren’t going to stop Washington’s offense even if they punted the ball to the one yard line. Oregon’s offense was playing just as well. If they get the first down there the game is over. I love the call.

I can go either way on punting or going for it - with the way the game had gone, I can understand going for it.

The possession to the end the half was worse, IMO. Ok, risky to pass up the FG, but I get it......terrible play call, though. Then, the very last possession of the game, which resulted in a Boileresque missed FG to tie - Oregon spent almost a minute jerking around to get to midfield - might have easily been in better clock position to attack the endzone as Washington's defense was not stellar to me.

With all that, Penix Jr. made some impressive throws.

I'll take my chances w/ the D , I would have punted let them try to go 75 to 80 yds to go, too much leaning on analytics.

Tend to agree with respect to that one call.

The possession to the end the half was worse, IMO. Ok, risky to pass up the FG, but I get it......terrible play call, though. Then, the very last possession of the game, which resulted in a Boileresque missed FG to tie - Oregon spent almost a minute jerking around to get to midfield - might have easily been in better clock position to attack the endzone as Washington's defense was not stellar to me.

With all that, Penix Jr. made some impressive throws.
he deserves the Heisman, great throws but also great catches, still would have punted

I would also put him up there with LA Charges coach Staley, but I think Staley is in a class by himself with the analytics.

Reactions: PaBoiler78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT