ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue recruiting Dickinson

Brian_GoldandBlack.com

Jun 18, 2003
West Lafayette, Ind.
So, obviously I'm dreading posting this for the sake of this message board, but I can report confidently that Purdue is suddenly and surprisingly out on Hunter Dickinson.

Heard last night that might be the case, but wanted to further confirm it, and yes, it is true.

Why, I don't know if there's any real reason, but this is obviously a surprise to all involved, and what might be even more surprising is that two schools/coaches who've recruited him for a matter of months basically — Michigan's Juwan Howard and Florida State's Leonard Hamilton — are going to be among the final 3-4 involved, and he's likely to listen to last-second, Plan-B interest from Duke following Walker Kessler's commitment to North Carolina instead.

Purdue did ease off at least to some extent on Ryan Kalkbrenner and Ben Carlson, we believe, due to its perceived, and largely confirmed, standing with Dickinson. And they will wind up with none of them.

Our expectation now is that Purdue will sit tight with Jaden Ivey and Ethan Morton, and have the scholarship for the spring at the earliest, the 2021 class at the latest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News