ADVERTISEMENT

DGL Visiting Illinois Today (Selected Excerpts)

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Well, I think we all agree that Rivals Knuckleheads has been quite a ride. In honor of it, this is my last post of selected excerpts from the most riveting (like a train wreck) thread ever posted on this site. It's one for the ages and deserves being a place in the archives. What a way to end the season!! Enjoy! See you on on the other side.

DGL visiting Illinois today. I know he decommitted from Purdue but I haven’t followed it much after that. Purdue is not an option for him anymore, correct? Anyone have the cliffs notes version of the story there?

He asked Painter if he was OK with him re-opening his recruitment to look at other schools. Painter said if you are re-opening your recruitment, Purdue won’t be part of that and good luck.

For good or bad, Painter is consistent about that. Once you commit, if you want to open back up … good luck. Nobody forced you to commit in the first place.

Sounds like Illinoisguys would be VERY surprised if he doesn't commit. Maybe on the visit. Sounds like Dad like the offer and Mom likes any offer. They've put out some REALLY rough insinuations about her. I'll also point out they have a PG coming in this year and 2 more guards this year (1 is at least a combo). I have trouble seeing him actually playing there or even enrolling.

I mean imagine RJ's dad and NE's mom rolled into one piece of baggage and you have a part of DGL's "circle". I don't blame Painter for never wanting to re-open that can.

It’s interesting to me that this one has so much baggage attached that even KHC is nonchalant about the fact he decommitted.

The family is cancer. Check out how many schools he has been enrolled. Over ten at this point. Dodged a bullet on that one.

I think Painter may have decided Purdue was better off without the drama. He's already been enough of a distraction. Wherever he goes, he and his handlers will always be looking for a better deal elsewhere and I'd be willing to bet that he'll be in the portal the following year.

If Illinois didn’t learn from their time with Horshack last year, let them have this year’s version.

DGL is a much better shooter than Curbelo.

DGL is a talent. He would have helped Purdue. If he had a Smooge or JJ mindset, he would have been a 1st rounder at Purdue. Unfortunately, I think the kid is going to play the Ronnie Johnson game and split from program to program and likely flame out. Hope not. I like the kid. He plays fun to watch basketball. Too flighty imo.

Heard he accepted at Illinois but decommited when he got home.

Pretty sure if DGL wasn't in the backyard or had a connection to Painter through his father he would never been offered in the first place. This was never one that was going to be a good fit here but Painter couldn't very well not recruit a high level player that showed interest.

Just committed to Illinois.

“They believe in me more than anyone else and they showed that.”

Bag alert, major bag alert.

Committed…till he ain’t.

Committed until THEY ain’t

Kinda crazy that Illinois hasn’t been to Sweet 16 since that Weber team that went to the final game in 2004/5.

For reference, here’s what he said today versus when he committed to us lol. Illinois- “They believe in me more than anyone else and they showed that.” When he committed to Purdue: “Purdue stayed with me through my whole injury process and no other school did that. Always go where you are most wanted, don’t worry about the clout.”

Scrolled through DGL’s moms fb for old times sake. Is her September 22 post directed at our Brian? “Hey Brian neubitch.. lookie what I got in my hotel room... ITS A NOTEBOOK.. wonder why your hotels dnt include notebooks but mine do?? . Maybe it's a sign for you to shut the hell up and stop reporting lies and propaganda?? Either way.. get prepared”

I'm impressed that a 14 year old could be the mother of a 18 year old.

When momma's not happy nobody is happy. Sounds like she might call Saul.

For all you Puke trolls in grief > I’m sorry that I’m not sorry. Just understand that although you attempted to smear my name, my character, TO DETER RECRUITERS from reaching out, IT DIDN”T WORK, haha obviously my “instability” only bothers you!!??? Was simply an attempt to take attention away from THE FACT that your coach ****ed up and Then tried to be sneaky about covering up...like he has done with MULTIPLE different situations in his own life!! This is common antic of your coach and you pukes are just as sick for continuing to pay somebody soooo much money who can’t even go final four .. or be accountable FOR SHIT.

So I know a couple people asked right after he decommitted about why we recruited him in the first place if the mom is this crazy. And the answer was always because he was too good not to recruit. But then after the decommitment, Brian made it seem like this was probably always going to be how it ended. So once again, I question why we wasted time on him in the first place? If the mom is this crazy and a commitment was always going to end in a decommitment, why waste the time?

Can we get Nojel back too?....2 crazy moms would cancel each other out right?

WOW!! This is a major bullet dodged! Now I feel sorry for the kid. Talk about take a ride on the crazy train?!! This broad is definitely coo coo for Cocoa Puffs.

Oh please tell me this is real…

Oh it’s real... it’s damn real. If I were Brian I’d get a restraining order for Illinois games.

Rumors swirling that Brian was not in Indy for doctors appointments yesterday. He was busy lawyering up after mama’s post telling him to get prepared.

But she does keep going after Hammer and Rails as if they’re the ones hosting Brian’s content. I have no idea why.

Brian probably told her he was a reporter for H&R.

I have just looked through her Facebook feed and lately been watching DAHMER on Netflix…I’m not sure which one is more disturbing. Yikes!

Very bizarre & odd journey over the next several weeks to the post above where she calls out Pukes and their coach. Wish the kid nothing but success because he's gonna need it.

I'm fairly certain she was turned down for a role in Trailer Park Boys.

If I were close to the end of my year’s subscription, I’d totally drop this account to create a new one called @Brian_Neubitch.

What does she have against Brian? I don't ever remember him posting anything but what happened.

He definitely made some ‘read between the lines’ comments about the family and the reasons for de-comitting, even before it happened. He wasn’t wrong to make them, but of course she’s going to bristle at a less than flattering comment made about her or her son’s motivations, even if it’s accurate.

So……I remember hearing that the dad was just as much of a problem. Is it both or just the mom? Just curious.

The father seemed good with the decision to choose Painter/Purdue. The drama started when the mom got more involved and she helped drive the decision to decommit. The father actually played on a team that Painter coached in the past, I believe.

As I read all those post on FB she definitely isn't a fan of Brian or CMP. She said she wanted DGL to have recruiting experiences since he wasn't highly recruited. It definitely seems she is one that was tired of being "not involved" in his experiences and was ready to start being overly involved. But she loves Brad Underwood.

Can’t believe Painter hit on DGL’s mom when it became apparent there was no $ in the NIL kitty. And just who is this so called Neubitch fellow?

They are upset, and I would be too if I were them, that I went on the radio here in town the day of his decommitment and said there was 'instability' around the kid. I'll stand by that and point out the number of schools the player has attended and teams he's played on in a very short period of time. Based on the voicemail I got and did not return because no good could have come from me engaging here, they believe Matt Painter told me a bunch of stuff about them to slander them or whatever and stifle the kid's recruitment. Painter didn't say a word to me about anything of the sort ever. I live in this town, and people in the community have an open line to me. I know basketball people and media and high school fans and administrators around Lafayette and West Lafayette, I have mutual friends with the dad and I know most of the most important grassroots people and scouts in Indiana. I've never had more red flags raised about a recruit. None of this matters anymore, but my regret here, I guess, is that they don't realize that I have dozens of avenues of information and perspective, and that they think I'm just trashing a kid and his family because the coach I cover wanted me to. That's kind of insulting to both of us, but I'm accountable for my words and writings and that's what I signed up for.

The woman is obviously unhinged. Would not worry about anything she says. They got the kind of program they wanted. Let’s see if he plays for them and how long it takes for her to blow up at Underwood. Purdue dodged a bullet not having her around the program.

Does anyone know why Myles was at the top 100 camp When he wasnt ranked yet and DGL was not even though he was top 60? Does anyone know why MC was on the all American team that painter sits on the board too? Just curious.

Because he’s better. Thanks for the question.

Well, this looks like it could become a fun thread.

Do we know what schools DGL plans to attend this year?

He is still at the #1HS in America (same school he helped to win the Geico Nationals last year! WITH A 3.7 GPA! Thanks for inquiring!

The Illini slush fund just keeps on trucking.

What? yall believe in a "Painter illegitimate child fund but not an NIL? makes perfect sense.

Nothing to respect about his mother. Good luck to the kid. Sure he has had a lot to go thru changing schools every year.

Nothing to respect of a Veteran whom earned the Army Achievement Medal? Army Good Conduct Award? Is this how you talk about somebody who helped protect your right to be a free speaking FOOL who bully's kids and their mother online because they didnt go to your school?? so self entitled.

I earned 4 Navy Achievement Medals, 4 Navy Commendation Medals, and 2 Meritorious Service Medals, 7 overseas deployments, 3 Battle Efficiency awards for units I commanded, meritorious, unit and presidential unit citations in my 20-year career. Is it OK if I talk to you? Never use your service to try to guilt people into treating you well. Get the **** up out of here with that bullshit. You VOLUNTEERED. You showed up to work and put your uniform on, and then apparently you got out. You get kudos for that... you DON'T get special treatment. You're a regular every day citizen, just like me. But you threw an Army Good Conduct Medal out here. HA! That's funny. Congratulations on not going to NJP/court-martial for 4 years... I'm sure that was challenging for you... and thank you for your service. But let me guess... you worked a desk job at some fort in Kentucky for four years, and now you run your mouth about protecting people's freedom? Again, defend your son, but get the **** straight up out of here with this bullshit.

And here I thought it'd be a quiet final Friday on the board.

This thread made me realize I should place more importance on notebooks when booking hotels.

VERY important if you care about telling the truth! DONT BE LIKE BRIAN who can report as well as the six hairs that "try" covering his male pattern baldness.

Everyone that claimed instability around DGL is sure to be eating their words after mehere123’s posts.

So I am suppose to just let yall LIE and control the narrative of MY life?? NOPE>>> GOT THE WRONG EASTERN.

That can’t possibly be her. I refuse to believe someone is that insecure to pay to go on a board of the school their kid isn’t going to … and somehow doesn’t realize the board is actually rejoicing he isn’t coming. No way. Can’t possibly be.

Did I ever say I walked this life with a lilly white ass?? NOPE!! It IS true dra had a rough upbringing and he still managed to have the success he has!! instead of rallying behind him you want to bully him!! WHAT KIND OF PERSON DOES THAT MAKE YOU???

English please.

Enjoy this Illinois fans, you can have it.

If this were really DGL’s mom, why would you care what a school your kid isn’t going to says on a behind-a-paywall message board? Why would you pay just to spew nonsense when people like me won’t even believe it because it seems too over-the-top parody? Nope. As crazy as the Facebook posts and photos people made me see from this thread are, even this is beyond belief.

As long as she gets paid somehow, I doubt she cares. She is a train wreck, and I bet Underwood will quickly tire of her BS and drama.

Um i have a job and I work for my money, just like I have ALWAYS!! so I dont need my sons money!! Who is a trainwreck? somebody who bullies a child and his mother online or somebody with PTSD who served her country??!! what have you done that makes your shit not stink so much??

I think this is Tamala pretending to be dgl's mom.

What diabolical mastermind is this good though? Del Willis, Courtsense, Tamala. Or is it Brian, Alan or Tom having a big Friday before any site news? Tell me your theories.

Lol. Of all those, Brian. I know it isn’t, but man that’d be a riot. He just says F-it this is what it was like covering the recruitment.

NEVER even had a conversation with him or Painter... NOT ONCE.

Does it make you feel "important" to down somebody because they are not going to your school? do you realize there is an opioid epidemic going on? people are dying at epidemic proportions. Did you know there is a mental Health crisis going on as well as a homelessness problem? are there more important things to be so viscous about? NOPE!! you spend your time bullying a KID!!

This board agrees that drugs are a problem and those on them need genuine support and help.

Why because I am sticking up for myself and letting you know YOU HAVE YOUR FACTS MIXED UP!!

The only facts that I’m aware of is that he committed here and then backed out of that commitment to go elsewhere. That’s all I need to know.

NOT THE FACTS.... and you just proved what i wanted .. thanks dude.. GET A NOTEBOOK ALREADY.

Man I thought I was going to have a productive night, …..oh well.

I know, me too!! darn it... may have to take laundry breaks, but believe Ill be checking in!!! WE GOT THE ENTIRE WEEKEND!!

So, he wasn’t committed, or he didn’t back out? Because he obviously seemed committed from his social media posts, and obviously he’s not committed anymore.

I have a statement coming soon with the facts spelled out! would had been nice for someone to come interview me!! lmao

I know you are new and quite entertaining but be careful replying to yourself, they will take away a trophy point for that.

Bummer!! NO NO NO!! Not a trophy!

Yall know my facebook name.. im certain ill probaly be kicked off here before the nights end.

No don’t get scared it’s only a trophy point, we don’t get real trophies. It’s cool I just know you may not be on the best terms with management.

A point is still a point bro.

Just an FYI, your future team has a scrimmage tipping off here in an hour. You might want to get ready for that. Or you can just stay on the board that you backed out of the commitment from. Seems like a healthy choice.

Like I said already SLACKER!! I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT BASKETBALL!! Im having way fun on here with yall!! Ill stay thanks for the concern.

So glad you are still on here after making a fool of yourself and embarrassing a child. If this is really his mother you should just leave and quit talking garbage. How many schools have you had him pulled from? To talk about Painters private life is really none of your business. Purdue will be just fine! I don’t recall ever bullying a kid: An idiot parent talking crap about Brian deserves it.

Probably because she’s an idiot. But that assumes this is her which is probably 50/50 her or an elaborate troll. I think someone did a similar troll with Eastern’s mom at one point.

Didnt have to assume nothing with matt because he showed me as well as terry johnson everything I needed to see. and what I seen was NOT in dravyns best interest. FOR SEVERAL REASONS< THE NUMBER ONE REASON BEING ACADEMICS!! In case you didnt know.. I CAN CARE LESS ABOUT BASKETBALL!! ever wonder why you never seen me at those trashy AAU deals until this summer?? cuz I CANT STAND THOSE EVENTS OR THE ASSHOLES THAT ATTEND THEM!!!

And to talk about my private life is brians business?? Im confused.. OH!! Im a "second class citizen" so I dont have the right to treat people how they treat me right???

Brian never said anything about you. Calling someone Neubitch shows what you are all about. As far as bullying goes, what about Painters kid that you want to drag through the mud?

I’ll hand it to whoever you are, this is a slightly better troll job than the Tamala troll. That one went obviously sideways too fast. You, on the other hand, aren’t nearly bat-s**t crazy enough to actually be DGL’s mother, based on how she posts on Facebook and Twitter. Points for restraint I guess.

I have a degree too... just because I am unstable dont mean Im stupid.. come on!! A little credit??

How to prove its me??? Robin April... The CRAZY UNSTABLE lady with her hand out and laughing all the way to the bank?? the trashy one, the tweaker, the middle aged woman trying to act like a teen, HOW DO I PROVE ITS ME GUYS???!!!!

Post a message here, then go post the same message on your FB account.

Go post on your Facebook that you’re taking down some trolls on GBI. Then I’ll believe it.

DEAL!!!! stay tuned for the luney tunes!!! ( gta go switch my laundry out so will be a few minutes!!)

“A few minutes”. Ya, not real. Will turn into this troll account vanishing for the night. Just no way someone is that insecure to actually do this.

lol. The long list of excuses for no post begins.

Gotta admit, had me fooled…

Dude when do I not post.. stfu and quit acting so entitled.

We on my time and MY dime .. NOT YOURS!!

You win the award for most responses to yourself.

I feel like this is an amazing troll job by Travis Miller…pump some life back to Purdue rivals. Genius. I half-ass respect it.

One thing is very clear. Purdue, however it went down, dodged a bullet.

Mama got liquored up at Texas Roadhouse and is sh!t posting on gbi. What a time to be alive.

I really didn’t think someone could ever beat Tamala but here we are.

Dang it…I really wanted to believe this was all real, but freely owning instability killed any chance that this isn’t a troll.

Can we cut and copy this over to the new board and put it STRAIGHT into the HOF?

Why? It’s not really her.

Here we go boys!! statement posted. now **** off and GET A LIFE THATS WORTHY.

Go get em! part one done! i was wondering ... Brian? are you planning on making your move from Painters left nut to his right any time soon?? ? is that why your going bald?? too much friction?

Omg, it really is her! She really is that insecure. Wow. Seemed too parody to be real.

Nobody would care about you or your son if you had decommitted quietly. Instead, you chose to drag painter’s name through the mud for absolutely no reason. There’s not many more respected in basketball than Matt and he always has his kids best interests in mind, now and in the future. I found it humorous how you laughed at Matt for never making a final 4 and yet you committed to Mad Eye Moody over at shithole Illinois, a coach who has never been past the first weekend lmao.

Yeah it’s her. Just search robin april on FB. Posted a 500+ word deal there.

What an absolutely epic way to end the rivals era!

Nab as many screenshots as you can. We need to document this day in message board history.

You bully a kid online but im insecure?? lmao YALL ARE INBRED af.

I’ve only been here since 2019, so this is the first HOF-worthy type thread I’ve been involved in real-time. Exciting!

You paid money to join an internet discussion about your son from more than a month ago and then bragged about earning the military equivalent of an auto insurance good driver discount to seem important. Maybe take a break from telling others to get a life?

The timing. The drama. The Neu-bitch. You just could not write a script like this. GBI going out on top!

DGL’s mom makes Tamala look like an elder stateswoman.

I’d pay money for them to co-host a podcast together.

Would it be called 2 neubitches and a microphone?

And Purdue is one of the best academic schools in the nation, who is telling you otherwise?

Upon trying to get some answers about that during the visit, I was not permitted to ask questions and when I called Terry an entire 10 MONTHS after the visit to inquire what dra would study he acted like it was a big deal to meet with me and i got the impression was not on his priority list. Again, that was only the SECOND time talking to Purdue Camp. Everything was discussed and addressed with Ben.../ NOTHING WITH ME..

My only response is "Purdue's decommitment from Dravyn." Well, that's not how it works, but I think I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, regardless of how good Dravyn might be at basketball.

Me too!! what Illinois did at his visit, combined with the plan they have already in place for my sons future makes me confident that the right choice was made!

Us too. Good luck with that...

I would wish you the same, but then I would be a liar like neubitch.

So WOW back at ya!! thats what I said during the OV with illinois WOW what an awesome place for my son to go to beat the shit outa PU.

Maybe because you're not on the priority list? You're the mom, not the player, crazy lady. It's, like, not normal for parents to talk to coaches without the players basically right there. Have fun with this mess, Underwood!

Sorry but when it comes to MY SON's education IT IS MY BUSINESS AND NOT YOURS!!!????

Actually, it's your son's business with the coaches, crazy lady.

Isn’t it Dra’s decision to decide on a major? Not Purdue.

Holy shit, Painter doesn’t pick majors for the players? No wonder he isn’t a great recruiter. This thread is a golden nugget.

Right, how is he suppose to decide if he dont know whats offered smart guy.

Coming from an asshole who bully kids online.

Sure obsessed with Brian. Must have had you absolutely right for you to reveal what a nut job you are: Feel very sorry for your son. Nobody has been bullying him we all realize you are the problem.

I wonder what Brian will say when his kid comes home crying because of a bully??? hope its not me!!

Good im glad!! I have always lived by the motto, lets give em something to talk about!! honestly, yall are making my stock go up!! Carry on...

@Mehere123 I know this is a little off topic, but do you think Brohm will leave for Louisville at the end of this year? Thanks.

And who do you think we should get to replace him?

Gonna go pin that GCM on your chest and wear it around proudly tonight and pour one out for your all your 42L homies tonight, I bet.

Awwwwwe how sweet you did your research.. feel better attacking akid and his veteran mother??

When the veteran mother goes on a message board to brag about being a veteran, you're going to get shit from me, yep. Because people who actually did shit in their service time don't walk around telling everyone about it so they can feel cool. It does feel pretty good that I had you totally pegged. I mean I dealt with sailors that were just like you for 20 years, so I know 'em when I see 'em. I don't want you to think I went and found out anything about you personally, I just recognize admin weenie bullshit when I see it. "Protector of freedom". Don't dishonor the people you served with by pulling that shit out. Thanks for your service. Don't ever brag about it again, 42L.

Im not bragging about shit... Its not ME bullying a single mother and her kid!! and ill say what the **** i want because THATS who I am and i live in AMERICA.

LOL… Is this thread real life?? Is there really a recruit’s mother on the message board of a school that her kid decommitted right now?? Mommy has to come defend her baby boy?? This is rich.…and embarrassing for her and her son.

No mommy is defending herself.. and not allowing FOOLS to control the narative!! Problems?? OH WELL??

Someone go warn OrangeandBluenews.

They already got the memo, and they like it... they cant wait for illini to stomp your ass.

Lol. You don’t want Brian controlling the narrative that your an absolute nut job so you show up and show us all yourself you’re a nut job. lmao you took control of the narrative!

You paid to join this thread. No one was bullying you. No one was bullying your son. Neither of you would've even read this had you not paid to read it two weeks after the thread died. You sought it out, 42L. You literally talked about earning an Army Achievement Medal and a GCM in this thread, and want special treatment because of it. You called yourself a protector of freedom. Did you forget? Because I can copy it for you if you'd like...

Definitely HOF worthy. Is it bad to feel sad with how this thread is playing out and also hoping it lasts at least 7-10 more pages due to the delicious train wreck nature of each post?

Ok, I think everyone has had a chance to say what they needed to say. This thread is being locked because no good comes from escalation here.

BONUS COVERAGE

They shut me don on goldandblack.com.. Imfao ?? but why?? Not liking to be told the TRUTH?? COWARDS!! Perfect example of whats wrong with the world, head to that page and see some real winners who are “apparently” more stable than me!!??

I TOLD YALL I WOULD BE KICKED OFF BY NIGHTS END!! Yall PROMISED me I wouldn’t??!! But hey!!! Us Lawhorns are used to broken promises from PU camp. MOVING ON AND UP!! see ya next year when dra and illini MURDER PUke.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News