ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats to lose the House in 2022?

TheGunner

All-American
Aug 30, 2001

Imagine if the GOP picks up two in Texas and 1 in both Fla and NC. Bubye Nancy...please turn your gavel over to the GOP!😂

Katie bar the door, as the Democrats will do everything possible to keep their finger on the scale. First House Bill, DC statehood! And now Puerto Rico as the Dems could now need both to maintain the both the HoR and Senate.

Imagine if the GOP picks up two in Texas and 1 in both Fla and NC. Bubye Nancy...please turn your gavel over to the GOP!😂

Katie bar the door, as the Democrats will do everything possible to keep their finger on the scale. First House Bill, DC statehood! And now Puerto Rico as the Dems could now need both to maintain the both the HoR and Senate.
Can you be sure that these new districts are voting Republican?

And you can't be serious about the "finger on the scale" comment, coming from a supporter of the Republican party. That's about as disingenuous as you can get, you hypocritical fool.

Excuse making already happening 100 days in.

Maybe $10 Trillion in spending proposed in 100 days isn't popular. As well as the president shitting on police.

Biden has the lowest approval rating of any modern president outside of Trump at the 100 day mark.
Ummmm.....Modern?

I mean, yes, his approval rating (at 57) is lower than Obama's (65) and George W's (62), but it is higher than Clinton's (55), George Sr.'s (56).

I mean, I guess if you only define modern as "the last 20 years" then the statement in correct. Maybe I'm just too old because I would put "the modern era" in more of something like the last 50 years or so at least.

As for the topic at hand, I'm not sure that the GOP picked up anything today. There is alot of chatter that Texas is going to turn Blue in the next decade. I'll believe it when I see it, but it may not be the boon to Republicans that the op is imiplying.

Reactions: Time to Play Hard
Ummmm.....Modern?

I mean, yes, his approval rating (at 57) is lower than Obama's (65) and George W's (62), but it is higher than Clinton's (55), George Sr.'s (56).

I mean, I guess if you only define modern as "the last 20 years" then the statement in correct. Maybe I'm just too old because I would put "the modern era" in more of something like the last 50 years or so at least.

As for the topic at hand, I'm not sure that the GOP picked up anything today. There is alot of chatter that Texas is going to turn Blue in the next decade. I'll believe it when I see it, but it may not be the boon to Republicans that the op is imiplying.
That's what I was getting at. He later defined "modern" as Eisenhower, so his initial statement is now false based on his own definitions.

You guys can crank each other but you know exactly what I mean.

$10 Trillion in spending isn't gaining popularity.

Can you be sure that these new districts are voting Republican?

And you can't be serious about the "finger on the scale" comment, coming from a supporter of the Republican party. That's about as disingenuous as you can get, you hypocritical fool.

RE finger on the scale....if the Republicans have their finger on the scale, why did they lose in 2020 election. In fact, how did the Republicans have their finger on the scale in 2016, and certainly didn’t in 08 or 12.

yes, the one place the Republicans did find a way to put their finger on the scale was in the SC. The Republicans have finally learned from the best.

RE new districts. The Republicans control the districts in TX, FL and NC. Those are the states gaining seats.

Last edited:

Is that what he's done, though? Because I've seen $1.9T Covid relief, $2.3T Infrastructure proposal, and $1.5T proposed 2022 federal discretionary. spending. I'm no math wiz, but I think that's $5.7T total, with a good chunk of it (the $1.5T) being the normal federal discretionary spending. For FY 2021 (the last budget developed with Trump in office), discretionary spending is $1.485T. So, that $1.5T isn't even really new spending, only $15 billion of it is (give or take, I know the trillion numbers are approximations). So, depending on how you look at it, he's proposed $5.7T in spending or $4.215T in "new" spending, nearly half of which was the emergency Covid funding that has higher approval ratings than Biden himself (70%).

All that said, you didn’t say “proposed” spending, you said “spending.” So far, that’s only the COVID bill. So, where is this $10T number coming from?

Note: I'm happy to eat crow if there are spending proposals that I missed or am otherwise not aware of.

Last edited:

$10 Trillion in spending is popular with young voters. We are tired of seeing our crumbling infrastructure, no public transport, and education that requires you to have money in the first place.

There are plenty of people living with far more money than they need to be extra comfortable.

Is that what he's done, though? Because I've seen $1.9T Covid relief, $2.3T Infrastructure proposal, and $1.5T proposed 2022 federal discretionary. spending. I'm no math wiz, but I think that's $5.7T total, with a good chunk of it (the $1.5T) being the normal federal discretionary spending. For FY 2021 (the last budget developed with Trump in office), discretionary spending is $1.485T. So, that $1.5T isn't even really new spending, only $15 billion of it is (give or take, I know the trillion numbers are approximations). So, depending on how you look at it, he's proposed $5.7T in spending or $4.215T in "new" spending, nearly half of which was the emergency Covid funding that has higher approval ratings than Biden himself (70%).

All that said, you didn’t say “proposed” spending, you said “spending.” So far, that’s only the COVID bill. So, where is this $10T number coming from?

Note: I'm happy to eat crow if there are spending proposals that I missed or am otherwise not aware of.
What about college?

$10 Trillion in spending is popular with young voters. We are tired of seeing our crumbling infrastructure, no public transport, and education that requires you to have money in the first place.

There are plenty of people living with far more money than they need to be extra comfortable.
So give it to us and we can spend it for you!!!

communism 101....what’s mine is mine and what’s yours is mine. No need for money, just take whatever you want

So give it to us and we can spend it for you!!!

communism 101....what’s mine is mine and what’s yours is mine. No need for money, just take whatever you want

Really? You wanna play this game?

Cause your second line described Capitalism word-for-word. The rich get to keep their's and then take some more from the poor.

Good job, idiot.

Really? You wanna play this game?

Cause your second line described Capitalism word-for-word. The rich get to keep their's and then take some more from the poor.

Good job, idiot.
Do you have a link? How does the rich take from the poor? By offering them a job?

is that why Kamala is going to the triangle? So milk money from Central America?

How does America “keep theirs and take some more from the other poor countries?” Is America stealing from China?

• Haha
Reactions: Time to Play Hard
Do you have a link? How does the rich take from the poor? By offering them a job?

is that why Kamala is going to the triangle? So milk money from Central America?

How does America “keep theirs and take some more from the other poor countries?” Is America stealing from China?
Are you this ****ing dumb and wrapped up in right wing media? Corporations are taking from American workers and giving it to Chinese corporations!! They have been paying Asian/Chinese workers less for decades and forcing Americans to work closer and closer to the conditions used overseas! And we have been giving them tax breaks just to let them do so!

Your ****ing dumbass would have been throwing rocks at the workers unions in 1900 when you were a ****ing 10 year old. ****ing dumb ****.

Are you this ****ing dumb and wrapped up in right wing media? Corporations are taking from American workers and giving it to Chinese corporations!! They have been paying Asian/Chinese workers less for decades and forcing Americans to work closer and closer to the conditions used overseas! And we have been giving them tax breaks just to let them do so!

Your ****ing dumbass would have been throwing rocks at the workers unions in 1900 when you were a ****ing 10 year old. ****ing dumb ****.
I thought Chinese were the “poor people”

You can't even follow a single line of logic. Just tell us that you are old and want to keep your money. It's not that hard to admit.

It's not like you actually are that accomplished anyways.

You can't even follow a single line of logic. Just tell us that you are old and want to keep your money. It's not that hard to admit.

It's not like you actually are that accomplished anyways.
So let me get this straight....the rich Americans have been cheating poor Americans for a century....and it’s worse now because corporations have sent those jobs overseas.

but when Trump works to bring those jobs back from China, he is a racist idiot.

Meanwhile, your Democrat administration opens up the border for the free flow of cheap labor into the US. There is no way a $15/hr minimum wage gets passed with people coming in willing to work for $8-$10.

Meanwhile, your Democrat administration opens up the border for the free flow of cheap labor into the US. There is no way a $15/hr minimum wage gets passed with people coming in willing to work for $8-$10.
You are just trotting out every single boogeyman that right wing media puts out there. How do you ever leave your house?

RE finger on the scale....if the Republicans have their finger on the scale, why did they lose in 2020 election. In fact, how did the Republicans have their finger on the scale in 2016, and certainly didn’t in 08 or 12.

yes, the one place the Republicans did find a way to put their finger on the scale was in the SC. The Republicans have finally learned from the best.

RE new districts. The Republicans control the districts in TX, FL and NC. Those are the states gaining seats.

So you're openly admitting that Republicans are going to gerrymander to add to their ranks in those states?

Nobody is making excuses for anything. Perhay

So you're openly admitting that Republicans are going to gerrymander to add to their ranks in those states?
Yep, might as well if the Democrats are all for packing the court...all is fair in love, war and politics.

Yep, might as well if the Democrats are all for packing the court...all is fair in love, war and politics.
The Democrats aren't packing the court. And Jesus H Christ, your side stole two seats. So spare me your bitching. In general, the Republicans are losing popularity and continue to try and cheat to maintain power. For you, it's fine. For the rest of us, it's antithetical to the supposedly democratic pricinples under which this nation was founded.

The Democrats aren't packing the court. And Jesus H Christ, your side stole two seats. So spare me your bitching. In general, the Republicans are losing popularity and continue to try and cheat to maintain power. For you, it's fine. For the rest of us, it's antithetical to the supposedly democratic pricinples under which this nation was founded.
stole

ha ha ha

What about college?
What about it? I know he’s in favor of free community college and is investigating student loan forgiveness, but I don’t think there have been any concrete proposals put forth, yet. When there are, then you can count it as “Biden spending.”

What about it? I know he’s in favor of free community college and is investigating student loan forgiveness, but I don’t think there have been any concrete proposals put forth, yet. When there are, then you can count it as “Biden spending.”
According to Forbes, Biden wants to spend another $3T on top of the $5.7T he has already proposed. Ring, goes the cash register

Doesn’t spending just short of $9T dollars in 3-6 months seem a bit excess...just a little??

According to Forbes, Biden wants to spend another $3T on top of the $5.7T he has already proposed. Ring, goes the cash register

Doesn’t spending just short of $9T dollars in 3-6 months seem a bit excess...just a little??
So, again, free community college has yet to be proposed. Also, the article is from before the infrastructure bill and references it, so, $2.3T of this potential $3T is already included on the $5.7T. $1.5T of which is normal federal spending for 2022 that’s not all that much higher than 2021 and a similar number would have to be “spent” by any president.

If you want to talk about how much he’s spending, or wants to spend, that’s fine. It’s a lot. But use the actual numbers of how much he’s increasing spending, not some made up $10T number.

So, again, free community college has yet to be proposed. Also, the article is from before the infrastructure bill and references it, so, $2.3T of this potential $3T is already included on the $5.7T.

Also, even if all of this passes, which only the Cvid bill has so far, it’s not spending all at once. It’s disingenuous to suggest he’s spending it within 6 months because it’s been proposed within 6 months.
Like it was disingenuous to say there was a need for more COVID relief when there was just under $2T left in the coffers from Trump that had not been allocated?

Like it was disingenuous to say there was a need for more COVID relief when there was just under $2T left in the coffers from Trump that had not been allocated?
1. This isn’t even an honest version of the Republican talking point on this, which was $1T
2. “Allocated” is the wrong word. It had largely been allocated. Just because the money hadn’t gone out the door yet doesn’t mean it was just sitting there doing nothing
3. Even that talking point wasn’t really true:

But quit changing the subject and playing the “what about“ game. My only point that I started with is that he’s not proposed $10T in spending. Nowhere close. Rather than accept that and then argue about whether his actual proposals are good or bad, you turn to something else. I’m not even interested in having that follow-up argument, you can do that with someone else. I just wish people would argue with the actual facts on the table rather than their own exaggerated version.

lots of stars for the early morning

from where or from whom were two seats stolen from

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT