ADVERTISEMENT

Delusional

It looks like Payne missed a lot of time due to an injury so I’m guessing a lot of those offers dried up. Moore I know had a lot of big offers but I think there were some questions around his motor If I remember correctly.

Yeah, Payne was battling a injury this year.

Moore had some big time offers for sure that he could have had. He has a really good relationship with Allen and has a lot of friends at IU already on the o-line (Indiana has something like three or four offensive lineman from Fort Wayne in the last two classes including a former teammate) so he felt comfortable in Bloomington).

This staff did a really good job of building relationships with kids and building trust with them. Our season sucked, no doubt, but for us to be able to hold onto the majority of our commits and add a few solid additions including another rivals 250 kid is testament to how well this staff can recruit and sell the program.

Reactions: boiler1987
Yeah, Payne was battling a injury this year.

Moore had some big time offers for sure that he could have had. He has a really good relationship with Allen and has a lot of friends at IU already on the o-line (Indiana has something like three or four offensive lineman from Fort Wayne in the last two classes including a former teammate) so he felt comfortable in Bloomington).

This staff did a really good job of building relationships with kids and building trust with them. Our season sucked, no doubt, but for us to be able to hold onto the majority of our commits and add a few solid additions including another rivals 250 kid is testament to how well this staff can recruit and sell the program.

I do wonder what your ‘23 class will look like after your ‘21 season and if things don’t drastically next season.

Funny how you argue with anyone presenting facts you dont like.

Please tell me what WR would honestly pick Indinia over Purdue? Whop got drafted by who, again? How's Fryfogle looking to NFL scouts?

Omar Cooper and DJ Moore were not recruited by Purdue long before they committed to Indinia. There are recruitsIndinia got that Purdue also wanted (Josh Sales for one), those 2 were no longer in that group.
Purdue's 2021 and 2022 classes don't have a single 4 star or high 3 star wideout, IU has landed two 4 stars and 1 high 3 star in that time. So clearly Indiana has been better at recruiting receivers recently.

Purdue's 2021 and 2022 classes don't have a single 4 star or high 3 star wideout, IU has landed two 4 stars and 1 high 3 star in that time. So clearly Indiana has been better at recruiting receivers recently.

Our WR room was stacked lol. Much less playing time available.

If Jaquez Smith was so good, why couldn’t he get on the field last year when your WR talent was abysmal?

With the rate that people are leaving the program they may not have anyone to throw to them.

...ND would be a cash strapped little nothing program in the sticks of Indiana if not for the "subway alumni". You can hate on them all you want, but they made Notre Dame a national brand that recruits all around the country wanted to play for. They are also the reason ND is far and away the best program in the state of Indiana.

So, you're saying Notre Dame would be IU, if not for the "subway alumni"? Because that is exactly what and who IU football IS: "a cash strapped little nothing program in the sticks of Indiana"! IU can't even afford traffic control for any home games, that's why there are traffic problems when only 20,000 "fans" show up at Goose Poop Stadium. Oh, and IU can't even afford to clean GOOSE SHIT off their bleachers!

some_crowd.jpg

It's understandable though, because when your school is the sole record-holder for the most losses in the history of college football, one should expect small crowds, very little support and very low cash reserves. It's a vicious circle which only perpetuates MORE losing, because when recruits show up and see IU's pathetic football history (along with a terrible gameday atmosphere), they are NOT impressed and have to ask themselves "Do I really want to play here??" Most of us already know the answer to that, but NOT clueless IU fans.

IU_lack_of_crowd_zpsf6accb58.png

I'm not stating opinion here, just facts; and while the CBS Sports link is 9 1/2 seasons ago, here is the UPDATED count: IU has 699 losses (most in FBS history), NU is second with 686. 🤣

Project away at your recruiting goobledygook, it's meaningless. Here are more facts:
  • IU has only 3 winning seasons over their past 27 seasons.
  • IU is historically much more accustomed to 2-win seasons rather than 2-loss seasons
  • Jeff Brohm is 3-1 against your high school coach
  • Your high school coach has only 3 wins against teams w/ a winning record over the past 5 seasons
  • We have the Old Oaken Bucket
That's why Purdue fans can say this without batting an eyelid (because it's TRUE):

IU_bus%202_zpsin36brun.jpg

And IF you're a college student, why don't you know the difference between "your" and "you're" (a contraction of "you are")?? We know the answer to that too, btw.

Last edited:
It looks like Payne missed a lot of time due to an injury so I’m guessing a lot of those offers dried up. Moore I know had a lot of big offers but I think there were some questions around his motor If I remember correctly.
That’s probably correct. Payne while healthy is very good. Hope he stays that way. Hopefully Moore isn’t a bust.

Reactions: boiler1987

How does that address my post in any way?

When your dipshit coach figures out how to win against teams with a winning record and ever wins a bowl game, let me know...

We just landed a stud RB transfer from Cal. Our transfers have all been pretty highly regarded but I’m sure they’re not as good as yours lol.

So, you're saying Notre Dame would be IU, if not for the "subway alumni"? Because that is exactly what and who IU football IS: "a cash strapped little nothing program in the sticks of Indiana"! IU can't even afford traffic control for any home games, that's why there are traffic problems when only 20,000 "fans" show up at Goose Poop Stadium. Oh, and IU can't even afford to clean GOOSE SHIT off their bleachers!

some_crowd.jpg

It's understandable though, because when your school is the sole record-holder for the most losses in the history of college football, one should expect small crowds, very little support and very low cash reserves. It's a vicious circle which only perpetuates MORE losing, because when recruits show up and see IU's pathetic football history (along with a terrible gameday atmosphere), they are NOT impressed and have to ask themselves "Do I really want to play here??" Most of us already know the answer to that, but NOT clueless IU fans.

I'm not stating opinion here, just facts; and while the CBS Sports link is 9 1/2 seasons ago, here is the UPDATED count: IU has 699 losses (most in FBS history), NU is second with 686. 🤣

Project away at your recruiting goobledygook, it's meaningless. Here are more facts:
  • IU is historically much more accustomed to 2-win seasons rather than 2-loss seasons
  • Your high school coach has only 3 wins against teams w/ a winning record over the past 5 seasons
That's why Purdue fans can say this without batting an eyelid (because it's TRUE):

And IF you're a college student, why don't you know the difference between "your" and "you're" (a contraction of "you are")?? We know the answer to that too, btw.

In that first picture, is that a concession stand at the top of the bleachers??

LOL, since 1970 Purdue has one big ten title, and it wasn't even outright, cherry pick all the stats you want, Purdue's peak the last 50 years was an 8-4 season where they were Co B1G champions.
Joe Tiller went 9-3 and 9-4 in back-to-back seasons with 2 bowl wins. He went 10-2 vs IU. Brohm is 3-1 vs IU and has a bowl win. I’m not cherry-picking anything. We own your asses and have pretty much since the beginning.

We just landed a stud RB transfer from Cal. Our transfers have all been pretty highly regarded but I’m sure they’re not as good as yours lol.
Ngl that running back looks like a stud, PU needed because I'm sorry but King Dorue is not a number 1 back. Ig Sampson's not going to be the number 1 back even after transferring lol. I'm still good with the Auburn RB Indiana landed tho.

some_crowd.jpg

Lol, this is one of the weirdest posts I've seen on here, you start by citing my ND post and somehow you end by ripping IU(per usual) even though the post you referenced has nothing to do with Indiana. The empty stadium pic is a mute point, Purdue has played in a half empty Ross Ade Stadium too.
LET THERE BE LIGHT! Ross-Ade Stadium Has First Light Test - Hammer and Rails
Also that bus pic is awful, it's painfully obvious the "always has, always will" was photoshopped onto it.

I don't know where you got that I said IU was a successful program historically. I said they've out recruited Purdue in recent years because well, they have, but that's about it. There's not much "good" in IUFB historically, I'm well aware of that, Purdue fans thinking they have to remind IU fans that IU has sucked for most of it's history like we aren't the ones watching the games, hopelessly rooting for a terrible program.

Last edited:
Our WR room was stacked lol. Much less playing time available.

If Jaquez Smith was so good, why couldn’t he get on the field last year when your WR talent was abysmal?
True Freshman Malachi Holt-Bennett is definitely more talented than Jacquez Smith. He was trending up throughout his senior year and Smith was trending down, plus he was an early enrollee, so he had more time to learn the playbook than Smith. MHB saw the field a decent amount, of course, you wouldn't know that looking at his stats. Our passing game was obviously terrible, but that was mostly play calling, a terrible O-line that didn't allow time for routes to develop, and for the last five games of the year, a very limiting QB. The veteran wide receivers, particularly the one wearing number three, were disappointing relative to preseason expectations, but they weren't the core reason for what can only be described as an unwatchable passing game.

IU didn't win a big ten game this year, not one.... Tom Allen is going to have to work miracles over there. I've heard his Leo stuff got super old to many players. When you aren't winning that kind of stuff doesn't go over well. Mass Exodus of talent has already taken place.

IU has sucked for most of it's history like we aren't the ones watching the games, hopelessly rooting for a terrible program.
Please don't take exception to us reminding you of this when you come to our message boards. If it bothers you, you may leave at any time. If you like hearing about it, stay as long as you like.

Please don't take exception to us reminding you of this when you come to our message boards. If it bothers you, you may leave at any time. If you like hearing about it, stay as long as you like.
What is funny is he spends so much time her caring what we think and trying to "pump up" his program then makes a post like that. Wonder if he was around the basketball forum here when we lost to Rutgers and the Indinia trolls were out in full force doing exactly what he was complaining about?

I know most IU fans are not all that smart, but still.

Yet we'll still beat you. Why are you even here? I get you're a little shell shocked because reality up and slapped you across the face this year, but still. For not caring what we think you sure do care what we think a lot.

Yet we'll still beat you. Why are you even here? I get you're a little shell shocked because reality up and slapped you across the face this year, but still. For not caring what we think you sure do care what we think a lot.
Sorry our true freshman at wide receiver didn't tear it up this year, most guys take a year or two of development. A low four star receiver is rarely going to make any major impact on their team this early, especially when you have an offense as dysfunctional as Indiana's was last year.

Excuse me though, shell shocked? Reality did catch up to Indiana, but under normal circumstances, as overhyped as they were coming into the year, this team should not have finished with two wins. All of their most "winnable" games in the B1G were played with a fourth string true freshman/walk on QB and a depleted defense.

I do wonder what your ‘23 class will look like after your ‘21 season and if things don’t drastically next season.

We're off to a good start with Daeh McCullough already in the fold who is a top 250 kid.

I'm never worried about how the staff will recruit defensively as long as Allen is the coach. Offensively, we'll see how it goes.

Sorry our true freshman at wide receiver didn't tear it up this year, most guys take a year or two of development. A low four star receiver is rarely going to make any major impact on their team this early, especially when you have an offense as dysfunctional as Indiana's was last year.

Excuse me though, shell shocked? Reality did catch up to Indiana, but under normal circumstances, as overhyped as they were coming into the year, this team should not have finished with two wins. All of their most "winnable" games in the B1G were played with a fourth string true freshman/walk on QB and a depleted defense.
Keep making the excuses. Funny how David Bell and Rondale Moore, both 4 stars made an immediate impact in their freshmen years.

Last year for IU was an anomaly. That team will be going right back to the gutter.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
We're off to a good start with Daeh McCullough already in the fold who is a top 250 kid.

I'm never worried about how the staff will recruit defensively as long as Allen is the coach. Offensively, we'll see how it goes.

Does Coach McCullough have any other kids after Daeh? Lol

Funny

Lol, this is one of the weirdest posts I've seen on here, you start by citing my ND post and somehow you end by ripping IU(per usual) even though the post you referenced has nothing to do with Indiana. The empty stadium pic is a mute point, Purdue has played in a half empty Ross Ade Stadium too.
LET THERE BE LIGHT! Ross-Ade Stadium Has First Light Test - Hammer and Rails
Also that bus pic is awful, it's painfully obvious the "always has, always will" was photoshopped onto it.

I don't know where you got that I said IU was a successful program historically. I said they've out recruited Purdue in recent years because well, they have, but that's about it. There's not much "good" in IUFB historically, I'm well aware of that, Purdue fans thinking they have to remind IU fans that IU has sucked for most of it's history like we aren't the ones watching the games, hopelessly rooting for a terrible program.

You're the one who made reference to "a cash-strapped little nothing program in the sticks of Indiana", I merely pointed out "That IS IU football!", and then I backed it up by providing many reasons why that was the case. The empty IU stadium pics are just about every home game at IU when they're not hosting OSU. Yes, the truth hurts, too bad.

I'll share your critique with the anonymous Purdue fan I borrowed that bus pic from, I'm sure he'll do better next time.

I asked you why you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"... you didn't address that. Or is that a "mute point" as well?? 🤣 What's your major at IU Clown College?

(edited)_ClownsenseToo.jpg

Reactions: Level 42
So he didn’t sign when everyone else did? He’s free to sign anywhere? How that is not open?

his numbers his senior year were inferior to his red hot sophomore year and even junior year before he tore his acl. Purdue’s not recruiting him and I’d be shocked if notre dame would take him.
His numbers weren't inferior for the amount of games he played (he stated the season late due to the acl) and the new sophomore quarterback they had his senior year. In fact he made some incredible plays his senior year. Now if this translates to college we will see.

His numbers weren't inferior for the amount of games he played (he stated the season late due to the acl) and the new sophomore quarterback they had his senior year. In fact he made some incredible plays his senior year. Now if this translates to college we will see.

You think he sticks with you guys?

IU gave up ~32 ppg on defense this year. Your new DC is not good. Your defense was loaded with JRs and SRs and still played horribly.

All indications are he will but it is recruiting and dealing with 18 year old kids so until their name is on the line than who really knows.

Your offense was horrible before panics got hurt. You had a full offense coming out of the game for the first 45 games and there was a huge huge step down cannot blame it on the injury a quarterback.

Your defense was also terrible at the end of the season, gave us 44 points. I think in our game there might’ve been two players from the two deep at beginning to season that did not play due to injury it was not depleted you guys got to stop kidding yourselves. That’s just normal to expect to have injuries before the end of the season. I’m pretty sure Purdue had more than you guys out from our two deeps on defense including like you our best CB and DT.

Reactions: Level 42
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT