ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue men's basketball David Jenkins Jr. - Don't Call It A Slump

Casey Bartley

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 25, 2022
David Jenkins Jr. Don't Call It A Slump

I got to talk with David Jenkins Jr. against yesterday about the season and his slump to start it. You can call it a slump, don't worry. I did. But Jenkins isn't worried about it.

"He's also, frankly, just not made many of the shots he has taken since coming from Las Vegas to West Lafayette. He's shooting exactly 25% from three.

So I ask him after he comes over from getting up extra shots after practice. "Are you in a slump?"

"I mean... ya know," Jenkins Jr. is not someone that stumbles over his words, but he's pressing a little, trying not to say it. "If you look at it, outside looking in you'd say yes."

He's slumping. I know it. He knows it. Because I've seen the tape of him at Utah and UNLV. I've seen what he's capable of doing and making in college. In Jenkins' four full seasons before this one, he had just 12 games in his career without at least one made three-pointer. That's 117 games. He's played a lot of basketball. He's made a whole lot of three-pointers. Just 12 times he hadn't made a three.

He's not made a three in 6 of his 10 Purdue games. Half the number in less than a tenth of his previous games."

Reactions: pufan4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News