ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich out at 107.5 The Fan

IU fans are giddy. He routinely ripped Tom Crean, hated the Archie Miller hire from Day 1 and lumped praise upon Matt Painter, Steve Pikiell and Tom Izzo. They expected him to be a "homer" and he wasn't.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Did not always agree with Dakich but found him entertaining. Curious what exactly led to his demise.
Caught some of his show yesterday. He was getting political. Wondering why Biden got Griner out, but not Whelan. Also, that USA let out “The Merchant of Death” for her. Just kept at it. He pushed the red button that was labeled, "Don't push the red button." I assume that's why he got it. Yesterday, he said he and his wife would leave after his show Fri to head for Army-Navy game. Guess he got to leave early. See yah, A-hole.

Last edited:
Caught some of his show yesterday. He was getting political. Wondering why Biden got Griner out, but not Whelan. Also, that USA let out “The Merchant of Death” for her. Just kept at it. He pushed the red button that was labeled, "Don't push the red button." I assume that's why he got it. Yesterday, he said he and his wife would leave after his show Fri to head for Army-Navy game. Guess he got to leave early. See yah, A-hole.
Let’s be honest, it is the only time a trade involving the WNBA ever made the news.

I enjoyed his interviews for the most part, especially when he would have guys like Wright, Izzo, Painter, Drew etc on.

His “monologues” were unlistenable, and his tirades about the “local media” surely led to thousands of car radios being tuned to different stations.

Reactions: pboiler18
He started going shock jock….He decided that being a far right figure was something he’d rather do other than sports. To each his own, maybe he’ll find a job in it.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
.What is outkick…a streaming station? How did the numbers compare to The Fan. Link?

He is not all there is the main problem
That's true, actually. He has acknowledged mental health issues and takes medication for his moods. Why any radio station would give a show to someone with mental health issues is beyond me.

He started going shock jock….He decided that being a far right figure was something he’d rather do other than sports. To each his own, maybe he’ll find a job in it.
Started, he's been shock jock since he came in the air.

Constantly degrading women, putting down anyone who dares disagree with him.

The biggest issue, enough people finally disagreed with him that he finally ran out of allies. You don't last long when everyone is your enemy

He has a lot bigger audience with Outkick and a more national following. It is a better and bigger gig for him.

Guess he didn't Outkick his coverage.....

200w.gif

I used to listen to Dakich's show but he became unlistenable. Increasingly he paid way more attention and gave more airtime to the idiots rather than to people who had something interesting to say

Any time a host uses funny, weird, and ultimately irritating voices to imitate his listeners, multiples times a day, the show is on the downward trend. This means you, Kent Sterling

He turned on Purdue and Painter at some point in last year or two, not sure why but YEARS ago I found him to be a solid analyst at ESPN, knowledgeable and his local show was sort of entertaining. I think maybe Painter started to distance himself a little as DD always has so much controversy around him.

Not that I have thin skin, I poke fun at our program not getting over-the-hump and just roll with it, but he gets personal. I am just having fun listening to sports while working on my laptop, I don't need to be told if I root for a team I am stupid... let alone my alma mater that is an elite institution way beyond it's athletic department wins or loses.
Then he went full-on with exaggerating his schtick to the point of being totally unlistenable. Then he added on the politics (I like sports to escape politics and news) and chose to get in a personal battle with nearly everyone on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, callers, journalists, writers, professors.... he got really old.

He was a solid player and coach, started to clean up IU in his time as interim coach, but man does he make enemies everywhere he goes it seems. I respect some of his alpha personality and old school mentality in coaching and playing and I wish him the best. He still has a gig with Outkick or whatever that is. I don't wish ill will to him or his family, but I had already moved on long ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT