ADVERTISEMENT

Cuonzo says Zach Purdue's GOAT

Hard to argue with 2x POY and leading your team to the Final Four and National 'Ship appearance.

Big Dog may be the "best" player, but Zach is probably the GOAT.

As a Packers fan, it's kind of how I see Rodgers and Brady...Rodgers is "better" and/or more talented than Brady in terms of his ability to make plays that Brady can't, but taking everything into account, Brady is the GOAT.

LeBron: I'm still the GOAT, even though we lost again and I fired another coach.

Michael: Hold my cigar, I'm putting my championship rings on and need both hands.
I mean, I'm no massive LeBron fan, but LeBron was incredible against Denver...the fact that the Lakers even stayed in games was only because of him. Oh, and he was the second best player on the court, and doing all of that at 39 years old. Insane.

We should probably stop the dumb "GOAT" debates and just appreciate the greatness of different players in different eras.

Last edited:
I mean, I'm no massive LeBron fan, but LeBron was incredible against Denver...the fact that the Lakers even stayed in games was only because of him. Oh, and he was the second best player on the court, and doing all of that at 39 years old. Insane.

We should probably stop the dumb "GOAT" debates and just appreciate the greatness of different players in different eras.
Dude is one of the greatest players of all time. Is he Jordan level? Probably not. Is he pretty close? Yep.

I'll say his version of an older player is light years ahead of Jordan's version of an older player.

LeBron: I'm still the GOAT, even though we lost again and I fired another coach.

Michael: Hold my cigar, I'm putting my championship rings on and need both hands.
Larry Bird: We improved from 29 wins to 61 in my rookie year with basically the same crew.

Glenn Robinson was the better player...
Different player.

Fits better in today’s NBA than the era he was in, where it’s the opposite for Edey.

After this last run, I don’t think there’s much you could say Glenn did better except average 5 more PPG his Jr year.

Wilt was the best. He could run faster, jump higher, and with today's no offensive foul rules, he would plow through his defender to score seventy per game.

Reactions: pboiler18
Dude is one of the greatest players of all time. Is he Jordan level? Probably not. Is he pretty close? Yep.

I'll say his version of an older player is light years ahead of Jordan's version of an older player.
Yeah, MJ's lifestyle caught up to him in his later years. LeBron definitely takes better care of himself.

Glenn could score all over the court...Edey was strictly an inside scorer. Glenn could score inside as well...as witnessed by his emphatic dunk over Ostertag. And Glenn was more explosive...case closed, Purdue GOAT, Glenn Robinson!

Last edited:
Part of being a GOAT is the ability to make the players around you better. When MJ started involving his teammates more, the Bulls won championships. It was the same for Wilt and Kareem and Bird and Magic. Elvin Hayes was all about himself. Wilt was a totally different player for the Lakers.. He became team oriented. BIG Dog was mostly about himself at Purdue and for the Bucks. Rick Mount and Pistol Pete were about themselves! Durant and Iverson were about themselves. To me a GOAT is about championships rather than individual stats. To me the GOAT of the packers was Bart Star. Favre and Rodgers may have more athletic talent, but Star was the GOAT. It’s like Babe Ruth and Tom Brady. Many others were better athletes, but they were the GOAT.

Saw where MJ was asked recently about his Bulls championship teams and asked if they could have beat Labron and the Lakers.

MJ: Yes

Buy how much?

MJ: 2 or three points

That's surprising. Why so close?

MJ: Well most of us are in our 60's now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT