ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue recruiting Couple notes from football camp this morning

Brian_GoldandBlack.com

Jun 18, 2003
West Lafayette, Ind.
• Visiting wide receiver target Jack Wegher did take part in the camp and got a lot of attention from Purdue's staff. Looks like he may have left campus without committing, but we'll see what happens now. I would think he is a player Purdue will take early if he wants to come.

• Louisville wide receiver Keion Wakefield was also on campus for a visit and took part in the camp. He claims a Purdue offer and this was at least his second time on campus, a prior visit being made for a junior day. Louisville just offered him, too, per his dad. His brother plays at Kentucky.

• Long-time in-state prospect of interest Drew Schoeberl worked out as a tight end. He does seem to have Big Ten-type size for that position, but not sure about his athleticism/flexibility. May be better suited for offensive line - not sure which position, though - or defensive line at the next level, based on just one morning of seeing him work out. As a tight end, he would seem best suited to be more of an in-line blocker right now.

• Defensive lineman Kyle Williams of Lebanon High School stood out in drills and passed the eye-ball test in the DL group. No idea if he is a prospect or not for Purdue, but just figured I'd make mention of him.

• Missouri's Brandon Jones claims an Illinois offer. He's listed by Rivals.com as a tight end, but I think he worked mostly as a D-end today. Really undersized from a size and strength perspective right now, but he's really tall and long and moves well. Maybe a name to keep in mind.

• Alabama D-end David DuBose made the long trip, a trip that would have been much shorter had he attended the satellite camp in Nashville. Maybe he did, I don't know, but Purdue seems to be drawing some campers from that state, seemingly without it being a primary recruiting territory.

• Linebacker Mohamed Sanogo made the trip from Plano, Texas, to camp at Purdue, then Indiana tomorrow. Just FYI.

• Columbus North punter Mitchell Essex got what amounted a personal workout for Purdue coaches and seems to have found an interested audience. This wouldn't seem like a year where a scholarship can be given to a punter - Purdue just scholarshipped Joe Schopper last year - but maybe this goes down the invited walk-on road.

• DB/ATH Dexter Davis was up from Georgia for the camp. He has some offers, but is supposedly committed to Army right now. Just mentioning it.

• Purdue had an outstanding 2018 prospect on campus in Chicagoland wide receiver Micah Jones very likely an early offer guys. Northwestern, Illinois and Iowa have already offered. He's gigantic.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News