ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Loyer....

14 points, 3 boards, 4 assists, and some great defense. And to those who....mistakenly wanted him benched for a freshman, now you maybe can understand why he's a huge part of this team and will be as big or bigger next year.
Wanted him benched as a freshman? There are a bunch here who wanted him benched this year. Heck, there's a number who are still calling for him to be benched next year
🤣

Wanted him benched as a freshman? There are a bunch here who wanted him benched this year. Heck, there's a number who are still calling for him to be benched next year
🤣
This!

(Twin was pointing out that some wanted him benched FOR a freshmen, i.e., replace him with a freshman.)

Reactions: Do Dah Day
14 points, 3 boards, 4 assists, and some great defense. And to those who....mistakenly wanted him benched for a freshman, now you maybe can understand why he's a huge part of this team and will be as big or bigger next year.

Most fans I know just wanted him to play better....as he was not playing well, and not up to what we knew he could. For the most part in the tourney he has. Well done.

Most fans I know just wanted him to play better....as he was not playing well, and not up to what we knew he could. For the most part in the tourney he has. Well done.
Yes thats all most wanted. And his play for a 2 to 3 week span was bench worthy. The fact that this year he rebounded from hitting a wall doesnt change the fact he wasnt playing good for a long stretch. It also doesnt change the fact that most could see that and at the same time understand how important a good Loyer is to purdues ultimate goal. And btw those freshman have provided some valuable minutes in this run as well. Dont forget that.

Yes thats all most wanted. And his play for a 2 to 3 week span was bench worthy. The fact that this year he rebounded from hitting a wall doesnt change the fact he wasnt playing good for a long stretch. It also doesnt change the fact that most could see that and at the same time understand how important a good Loyer is to purdues ultimate goal. And btw those freshman have provided some valuable minutes in this run as well. Dont forget that.
Trying to justify a call to bench him when people were claiming that Painter did not know what he was doing is not a good look, considering the result.

I fixed that for you. :)
Happy Hour Party GIF by Two Lane Brewing

Coach knew he needed Loyer to be effective and battle through his problems to win in this tournament. He was willing to ride it out and even sacrifice some young players early development to get where Purdue is. The younger players are starting to come along anyway and Loyer has been Loyer in the tournament.

You still going to not give Colvin his due tho?

What due? He played minor minutes and contributed what? I know you think he's the next coming of Ivey, but he's yet to show it in quality minutes against a valid opponent. I'm not saying he won't be a contributor next year, but Heide has done so much better. Is he better than the starters who have led Purdue to the FF...nope. He has to improve his defense, see the open man, and improve his defense. I'll give him credit for the rebounds he's gotten.

Kudos to him as I’ll admit to wanting him to sit some more. Glad he’s turned it up and made me wrong.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
My concern right now is with Smith's shooting. He and Zach appear tired...very tired. I hope they're in the therapy room every day with mandatory rest time.
Smith is very tired. I thought it was very noticeable yesterday.

Well said Buck. I was one lobbying for more playing time during the season for Myles. I never said Fletcher should be benched, just that Myles should be getting more minutes. Unfortunately there are many on these boards that just want to flame and throw rocks. That’s the world we live in. Truth doesn’t matter.

What due? He played minor minutes and contributed what? I know you think he's the next coming of Ivey, but he's yet to show it in quality minutes against a valid opponent. I'm not saying he won't be a contributor next year, but Heide has done so much better. Is he better than the starters who have led Purdue to the FF...nope. He has to improve his defense, see the open man, and improve his defense. I'll give him credit for the rebounds he's gotten.
lol still can’t just say he did a good job on Knecht. Knecht didn’t score in 4 possessions that Myles guarded him. I figured you d still be salty about him…still not sure why you are that way.

Reactions: Schnelk
lol still can’t just say he did a good job on Knecht. Knecht didn’t score in 4 possessions that Myles guarded him. I figured you d still be salty about him…still not sure why you are that way.
LMAO...So Knecht didn't score when Colvin was guarding him in four trips. He didn't score when others were on him as well and it was a hell of a lot more times than "four trips". If he was that valuable, why would CMP take him out so quickly and never bring him back in the game? Explain that one.

Flawed logic is just that and you seem to have a bunch. I don't even think Knecht asked for the ball during that time because someone else was open.

LMAO...So Knecht didn't score when Colvin was guarding him in four trips. He didn't score when others were on him as well and it was a hell of a lot more times than "four trips". If he was that valuable, why would CMP take him out so quickly and never bring him back in the game? Explain that one.

Flawed logic is just that and you seem to have a bunch. I don't even think Knecht asked for the ball during that time because someone else was open.
I thought you said you were a coach? If so, you’d know defense is more than just on ball defense. Knecht missed two shots with Myles on him and Myles played good help side and team defense the other two and didnt allow Knecht to get the ball/rebound it.

You have said ALL year Myles is horrible at defense and won’t give him his due. He has improved massively and I was providing plays that counter your argument that he’s bad…also still waiting on that quote from Paint saying he was bad on defense.

I’ll stop mentioning it because it’s apparent he has done something to you to make you think he’s not any good at D1 basketball.

I thought you said you were a coach? If so, you’d know defense is more than just on ball defense. Knecht missed two shots with Myles on him and Myles played good help side and team defense the other two and didnt allow Knecht to get the ball/rebound it.

You have said ALL year Myles is horrible at defense and won’t give him his due. He has improved massively and I was providing plays that counter your argument that he’s bad…also still waiting on that quote from Paint saying he was bad on defense.

I’ll stop mentioning it because it’s apparent he has done something to you to make you think he’s not any good at D1 basketball.
Never said he might not be good next year. I think he'll be a prolific scorer if he gets the ball, or at least he'll try to be. as for his defense....Knecht missed shots with others on him too so you can't say that it was Myle's great defense that caused him to miss....sometimes that just happens. Hell, Zach missed some bunnies too. I really hope your expectations for the young man are reached. And I'm searching where Painter said his early defense was terrible. It was on the internet so it's got to be somewhere.

As for coaching, I was a baseball guy but I do understand the theories of how it's played and taught having played it.

As for giving Myles his due, he's still lacking and we're all hoping he gets the concept...even me. Has he played better....he has, but he's not ready with it yet. If not, he will still be playing very little because CMP is going to have a ton of kids who can shoot next year. And some can play defense.

Never said he might not be good next year. I think he'll be a prolific scorer if he gets the ball, or at least he'll try to be. as for his defense....Knecht missed shots with others on him too so you can't say that it was Myle's great defense that caused him to miss....sometimes that just happens. Hell, Zach missed some bunnies too. I really hope your expectations for the young man are reached. And I'm searching where Painter said his early defense was terrible. It was on the internet so it's got to be somewhere.

As for coaching, I was a baseball guy but I do understand the theories of how it's played and taught having played it.

As for giving Myles his due, he's still lacking and we're all hoping he gets the concept...even me. Has he played better....he has, but he's not ready with it yet. If not, he will still be playing very little because CMP is going to have a ton of kids who can shoot next year. And some can play defense.
Ahh you coached baseball…that makes more sense now.

I said he played his role and defense was great for when he was in. We all know he has “gotten” the concept…it seems that you’re the only one that doesn’t think he has.

Ahh you coached baseball…that makes more sense now.

I said he played his role and defense was great for when he was in. We all know he has “gotten” the concept…it seems that you’re the only one that doesn’t think he has.
Concept and reality are two different animals. In reality, he's not ready for prime time yet.

Myles played well defensively in the game. Needed that from him.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00

I was suprised to see how much he was still trailing his man all over the court. Not all the time anymore, but more than I expected. Also got yelled at on O several times for being out of position on a set play. Just doens't show on tv like it does seeing the whole floor live. He's better, but a ways to go to match Loyer that's for sure.
PS - he had a BIG ole smile after the game.

Reactions: tbird2017
My concern right now is with Smith's shooting. He and Zach appear tired...very tired. I hope they're in the therapy room every day with mandatory rest time.
In two games this past weekend, Edey and Smith combined for 153 minutes, 90 points, 45 rebounds, and 24 assists. They should be tired.

Good news is that they have 5 days off and I also feel like a load was lifted in Sunday’s win. I expect them to be fresh and ready to play on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT