ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Painter at the top of Texas's coaching search wishlist.

Purdue needs to step up and pay him double his current salary. They have been paying him on the cheap Chris Holtmann makes double what Painter makes. I could see him leaving and I would have no problem with it. PAY HIM!
If he wants to double his salary, he’ll need to get to at least one Final Four.

Reactions: titaniumbolt
She's better than about 99% of the other 58 year-olds out there, but she is definitely starting to show her age.

kathy-2022.jpg
My wife is holding it together for a 52 year old...I hope that lasts into her 60's. Good genetics.

36913036_10155438347097890_2525349330194268160_n.jpg

Don't see Painter going anywhere, but at the same time he should probably be paid more.

Win the natty this year, and I think he gets a huge bump.

Surprised to see Self makes over $10mil/year. That's a shit ton.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I'm sure Texas will pay a ton...But the pressure to win and win now is crazy...It's like SEC football....They fire National Championship coaches 3 years after....Plus other than Carson (who was underrated) out of high school...Does Painter have any Texas connections? Texas is a school that u should be able to recruit with 50 miles and be able to win

Where do you find coaches salaries?
Google it:

I'm not saying CMP shouldn't make more money (I personally think he should based on some other coaches on these lists). But my point was, let's be factually correct when we post stuff. Throwing out there that Holtmann makes twice what Painter does is just flat wrong.

Reactions: Cleanface
Google it:

That's an interesting clause with Painter's contract:

"$3,225,000*

*2021-22 pandemic-related pay cut: $86,667. 2021-22 Income Note: School pay includes monthly supplemental retirement contributions that will total $300,000 if Painter continues to coach until June 30, 2022. School pay also includes an annual loan of $300,000 to Painter that will be used exclusively to pay for premiums on life insurance. Policy. The University is entitled to reimbursement of payment, plus interest, from the death benefits of the policy. If the team advances to the Eighth Round of the NCAA Tournament, the punter may receive a bonus amount exceeding the maximum set by the university president in consultation with the athletics director."

Hey, Pat.....maybe that explains some of the special teams' issues... :)

Note: here's the corrected version from the other one:

"If the team advances to the NCAA tournament round of eight, Painter can get bonus money above the listed maximum, as determined by the university president, in consultation with the athletics director."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT