ADVERTISEMENT

Christy Smith takes job at Arkansas ...

Who takes her place? Former player? A HS coach that has ties to Indiana? Maybe Nell Fortner or Carolyn Peck!!!!!!!!!

If I get to vote, I will vote for either Kelly Komara or...well, Kelly Komara. I was going to say Katie Gearlds, but I don't think she has quite enough experience yet--although she has WNBA experience, is a pure shooter, and won the national 3-point contest her senior year and even beat the men's winner. Maybe I just talked myself into saying, "Kelly Komara or Katie Gearlds." I loved botth of those players! Of course, it doesn't have to be a former Boilermaker---just somebody who wants to become a Boilermaker. :) Of course, that person has to be able to coach guards, and to recruit. Would Brian Cardinal be interested, I wonder?

I doubt Cardinal would have interest but that's just me speculating how I would feel if I were in his shoes. I think he had an opportunity at the last men's assistant opening and didn't want it. I don't blame him. If I had made millions in the NBA I probably wouldn't want to spend most of my time going around and recruiting high school kids. The JPC position he has is probably a pretty cool gig that keeps him in the loop all throughout the AD without the demands of an assistant coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT