ADVERTISEMENT

Chazmyn Turner

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
evidently is looking good at the Shrine Game workout, now WVA and iu are trying to tell him to at least consider a visit to their schools.

Originally posted by PaBoiler78:

evidently is looking good at the Shrine Game workout, now WVA and iu are trying to tell him to at least consider a visit to their schools.
I like this board better when we have positive things to say about our recruits, instead of focusing on the stars they are given by a 3rd party recruiting service who may have never even truly evaluated them.

This post was edited on 12/18 1:00 PM by pboiler18

It's not the 3rd party recruiting service who have never evaluated them....it's other Power 5 conference coaches who HAVE evaluated them. 75% of our recruits barely got a sniff from any top school in ANY conference. That's the problem...we recruit "low hanging fruit". We're recruiting against teams that have no chance of competing on a national level and when we get one these 3* recruits, people think it's a big deal, when in reality,it's just more of the same....3-9 - 5-7 seasons with an occasional 6-6 season thrown in to give the fans some misplaced optimism.

uncleboiler, you are using logic. Please restrain yourself. You must say to yourself everything will be okay, repeat as necessary until you fall in line. That is all.

Point me to the Purdue coach who has ever successfully recruited at a high level. I'll wait...

Originally posted by pboiler18:
Point me to the Purdue coach who has ever successfully recruited at a high level. I'll wait...
It's been at least 30 years.

Tiller landed some 4-star players, but was murdered by attrition. Then we ended up with a bunch of 2- and 3-star players.

No doubt, if you land a roster full of 4- and 5-star players you're going to have better talent It's also intellectually lazy to just look at stars. Some people think it's just a matter of clapping your hands, picking up the phone and making a few calls to land a roster full of blue chippers. Shazam!

Why didn't the coaches think of that. The anonymous geniuses on an internet forum figured it out.

My handle will tell you who used to rule the Chicagoland and the few Indiana top players and that would be Fat Jack Mollenkopf! He got the best of both the Catholic and Public leagues and the burbs with the exception of Butkus and very few top players in Indiana went anywhere but Purdue. He had an Assistant Coach that ruled Newport News, Va and brought many top players from that neck of the woods and even took the 2nd tier out of Ohio once Woody was done.

Wisconsin and Iowa took away Chicago and the burbs over the years and Bo took our place in Ohio once he was on the scene!

Originally posted by Purdue85:

Tiller landed some 4-star players, but was murdered by attrition. Then we ended up with a bunch of 2- and 3-star players.

No doubt, if you land a roster full of 4- and 5-star players you're going to have better talent It's also intellectually lazy to just look at stars. Some people think it's just a matter of clapping your hands, picking up the phone and making a few calls to land a roster full of blue chippers. Shazam!

Why didn't the coaches think of that. The anonymous geniuses on an internet forum figured it out.
You didnt read the thread did you. The poster said no other FBS schools were recruiting the kid.

Other Power 5 offers is a good metric to use.

Originally posted by nat100:

You didnt read the thread did you. The poster said no other FBS schools were recruiting the kid.

There are also kids who blow up their senior years....who never get to camps to be evaluated by other P5 staffs. This kid seems like one of them.

Not saying all 2 stars are like this....but thinking that EVERY kid gets evaluated by every staff is naieve beyond belief. Also, if you are Alabama or the big time recruiting schools, all you do is take the top 50 kids at every position....invite them to camp and evaluate from there. It's a lot different recruiting at Alabama or even Ohio St. than it is at Purdue.

I don't think some people on this board will ever understand that.

*sigh*...

Originally posted by nat100:

Why do you insist on this?

Here was the post in which I was responding:

I made my post, which was factually correct. If you have something of value to contribute, do so. Apparently you do not.

Now... if you have anything of intellectual value to add to the thread, do it. Otherwise, your agenda will be duly noted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT