ADVERTISEMENT

Charity games

PurdueDave

True Freshman
Jan 22, 2005
How good have all these exhibition charity basketball games been? Really good stuff. OT, Double OT, miracle ties with bone head foul to end it. So far the only boring game was OSU & Dayton.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Extra pressure for all teams being the "hunted" instead of the hunter. Kansas, Purdue, Michigan State, and Alabama each lost to lower ranked opponents in "Charity Exhibition" games. Please add others...

Reactions: DrEss
If Kansas is #1, then maybe we aren't overrated. They didn't look so good to me.
I think we all are overreacting to these exhibitions a bit…but maybe we will get to see if Purdue is better at that point in the season by getting to the championship in Hawaii and able to play KU.

Agreed. It was a good win for Illinois, but Purdue is better than Kansas. A few other teams, too.
Not sure about that but hope we get to see who’s better a that point in the season when they both are in Hawaii and hopefully meet in the championship game. Gonna be a tough road to get there.

I think we all are overreacting to these exhibitions a bit…but maybe we will get to see if Purdue is better at that point in the season by getting to the championship in Hawaii and able to play KU.
Of course we all want to win every game but there is a side to me that would be OK if we struggled early and then became a juggernaut in Feb-Apr.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Illinois in early season form, like last year against UCLA, when I though they would be #1 and Terrance Shannon Jr. the NPOY.
Obviously this game counts for nothing, but I’ll say this much … our biggest issue last year was team chemistry, and the cohesiveness of this year’s team looks night-and-day better based on yesterday.

Again, it’s just an exhibition and I’d bet on Illinois still being a top 20 team or so. However, I’d be (very upset and) surprised if we saw such a schizophrenic squad with some players now gone who might have provided addition by subtraction due to their selfish play/heroball and negative impact in the locker room.

Obviously this game counts for nothing, but I’ll say this much … our biggest issue last year was team chemistry, and the cohesiveness of this year’s team looks night-and-day better based on yesterday.

Again, it’s just an exhibition and I’d bet on Illinois still being a top 20 team or so. However, I’d be (very upset and) surprised if we saw such a schizophrenic squad with some players now gone who might have provided addition by subtraction due to their selfish play/heroball and negative impact in the locker room.
yea, like that transfer w/ the mullet you had, had some talent but wasn't a team player

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT