ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm and Tyra meeting in Indy

The dig on the state of Kentucky from people who live in Indiana is hilarious. I've seen people doing heroin in broad daylight in Indiana. Indiana is the white trash capital of America. Maybe a close call with West Virginia.

But don’t Kentuckians still think it’s OK to marry their own sister?

Reactions: herrli
I just want to make sure that you realize that after going 2-10 and firing your head coach, your 21st century success is as relevant as Purdue claiming all things Drew Brees makes us awesome. Lamar Jackson is in the NFL, Petrino is gone, the AD is in terrible financial shape, and the guy your whole fan base is desperate to hire is Purdue's head football coach moving forward. That's your reality, bud.

Unlike you guys, we tend to bounce back pretty quickly. We won 9 games our first year in a major conference(before Lamar), 8 the next, and when we did get Lamar, we won 9 again, and what was considered a down year last season, we still won 8. We were putrid this season, sure, but we won games before Lamar, we will win after him. Because that is what we do.

Unlike you guys, we tend to bounce back pretty quickly. We won 9 games our first year in a major conference(before Lamar), 8 the next, and when we did get Lamar, we won 9 again, and what was considered a down year last season, we still won 8. We were putrid this season, sure, but we won games before Lamar, we will win after him. Because that is what we do.
Yeah, I'm sure we'll see about that under coach ___________, won't we? In any event, rest assured that most of us won't care either way.

I agree but I'm sure he stays longer than 5 mins at a recruits house. Plus we have multiple recruits in Ohio. So why not visit them all.
Because they probably already used the in-homes with the longer-term commitments. Jornigan is a recent commit, and a more recent target. Probably still have the in-home with him whereas guys like Hunter and others they visited earlier in the summer.

The dig on the state of Kentucky from people who live in Indiana is hilarious. I've seen people doing heroin in broad daylight in Indiana. Indiana is the white trash capital of America. Maybe a close call with West Virginia.
C'mon man! Ilive in Mississippi, 20 miles from Alabama. Indiana and WV aren't even close.

Yeah, sure...I guess you've never heard of Eastern Kentucky? I live in Southern Indiana, and there isn't anything close to that here. You do realize there are Kentuckian jokes for a reason, right?

Reactions: herrli
If it is in Youngstown as has been talked about, then it's about a 6 hour drive.
True. That said, if there was a meeting in Indy, options abound. In-homes are frequently in the evening, so a 6-hour drive isn't out of the question. More likely, Brohm could drive back to WLaf and take the charter over there in about an hour.

And because you were putrid one season, you fired the coach that was hailed as a lifer not long ago. Gee, I wonder why Brohm is asking for a longer contract???

According to 93.9 Demling reports "nothing has changed after the meeting"

Sounds like good news. Again...who knows.

True. That said, if there was a meeting in Indy, options abound. In-homes are frequently in the evening, so a 6-hour drive isn't out of the question. More likely, Brohm could drive back to WLaf and take the charter over there in about an hour.

Reactions: Purduemoe
I've never had any ill will towards Purdue, but it seems the Boilermaker fanbase are very hostile towards ours ever since this thing started. Understandable though, I guess we do want your coach. But all the below the belt shots at the state or city in general seems beneath the fanbase that considers themselves to be prestigious and classy.

I've never had any ill will towards Purdue, but it seems the Boilermaker fanbase are very hostile towards ours ever since this thing started. Understandable though, I guess we do want your coach. But all the below the belt shots at the state or city in general seems beneath the fanbase that considers themselves to be prestigious and classy.
The hostility stems from the posters who have littered this board for the better part of a month with boasts of the deal being done.

Seriously, don't come here tossing stones and cry like a baby when you get hit with a boulder. Nobody dragged you here to start sh!t.

Two goats humping. I know, the picture of the 2 goats instead of a goat and a man is confusing to kentuckians.[/QUOTE

So you didn’t reach 10 wins with the heisman trophy winner?!? Haha. Ok

Let me guess you’re a 3 fingered banjo player??

Reactions: JohnHoosierr

I actually like the city of Louisville, seems like a nice place.

You may want to take an inward look at your fellow fans, like Chapman, who continue to talk about how it's a done deal and making derogatory comments about our program on the PURDUE board. And take a look at the comments being made about Purdue on the Louisville board. And then you want to talk about being classy????

Purdue claiming "prestige" is hilarious. It's a poor man's Michigan. Not even a top-50 university academically, and they're on here talking trash about Louisville as a university.

Louisville knows what it is. It doesn't claim academic superiority. The sad thing about Purdue is that its students and grads are all rejects of actual academic powerhouses or local hoosiers who knew better than to apply to them.

I didn't go to Louisville, by the way. I went to an actual prestigious university.

The high-horse of Purdue fans has been the highlight of this process for me. It's kinda sad, actually. Part of me feels pity. They bask in mediocrity in all that they do as a university, and finally have something good going on. And "little old Louisville" is coming to take away their fun.

Have fun being irrelevant again. Not just in Academics, but football, too.

MBOB likely asked Brohm to give him the courtesy of a followup meeting to review UL's offer made today and make a counter offer. That's the nature of a negotiation and I'm sure Brohm agreed because he's a standup guy. Would'nt surprise me if Brohm, MBOB and Mitch meet first thing tomorrow to lay out all their cards....

Purdue claiming "prestige" is hilarious. It's a poor man's Michigan. Not even a top-50 university academically, and they're on here talking trash about Louisville as a university.

Louisville knows what it is. It doesn't claim academic superiority. The sad thing about Purdue is that its students and grads are all rejects of actual academic powerhouses or local hoosiers who knew better than to apply to them.

I didn't go to Louisville, by the way. I went to an actual prestigious university.

The high-horse of Purdue fans has been the highlight of this process for me. It's kinda sad, actually. Part of me feels pity. They bask in mediocrity in all that they do as a university, and finally have something good going on. And "little old Louisville" is coming to take away their fun.

Get over yourself. Purdue will be fine either way. If CJB were to leave, it will take a recruiting class or two to get going again, but we'll be fine. I'm in the camp of CJB stays at Purdue. We'll see soon enough.
Can the same thing be said if CJB turns down UofL?

We know what the University of Louisville is as well....A Dump!

Get over yourself. Purdue will be fine either way. If CJB were to leave, it will take a recruiting class or two to get going again, but we'll be fine. I'm in the camp of CJB stays at Purdue. We'll see soon enough.
Can the same thing be said if CJB turns down UofL?

If the last 30 years tell us anything, the answer is a resounding yes.

1994 Schnellenberger leaves Louisville for OU... down period under abysmal coaching of Ron Cooper...

1997 John L. Smith hired from Utah State. 9-win season in 3rd year, 11-wins in 4th. John L. leaves for MSU...

2003 Bobby Petrino 1.0: 41-9, including Orange Bowl win. BP leaves for Falcons

2007-2009: He Who Shall Not Be Named coaches us to disaster...

2010 Charlie Strong takes over... 11-2 in 2nd year and Sugar Bowl win over Florida, 12-1 in 3rd with bowl victory over Miami

2014 Bobby Petrino 2.0... 8-wins, 9-wins (Heisman trophy), 8-wins... then a disaster

We had DISASTERS from 1994-1996, and 2007-2009, and now 2018. We've bounced back from WAY worse. Not worried.

Why is it so hard for you guys to believe he would leave Purdue for Louisville?

I mean just look at this.

They ranked college programs by the decade in this particular article on a point system. With all this back and forth on whose the better program, I compared the rankings between us and Purdue.

Top programs of the 1990's:

Louisville & Purdue ironically tied at #53 along with Air Force.

Top programs of the 2000's:

Louisville makes the Top 25 coming in at #23, Purdue ranks at #41.

Top programs of the 2010's:

Louisville ranks #26, Purdue coming in at.. wait a minute....UNRANKED.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/01/ap-college-football-rankings-greatest-programs-of-all-time

We have a higher ceiling, more recent success. Better athletic program in general. No brainer.
It isn't the history, it's the trending. Right now Louisville is trending sharply downward, Purdue is trending sharply upward. You don't build a program or direct your business by looking in the rearview mirror. You have to look where the organization is going. The future is bright at Purdue.

Reactions: TMA62 and BBG

Try top 35. And before you mention USNews, do a little research on college rankings, specifically when compared to the AWRU. You went to a prestigious university so I assumed you mastered the Google.

http://www.shanghairanking.com/ARWU2018.html

You would find more people in new York City doing heroin in broad daylight what is your Point? If its so bad why would you want anyone from the state for a coach which you seem hellbent on? Go be a dick in Kentucky where you deserve to be

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT