ADVERTISEMENT

Bombshell dropped at Bloomington...

hoosierbugs

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 23, 2010
Curt Miller resigns due to health/family reasons....I was looking forward to seeing if IU and Purdue could have a REAL rivalry...but we'll see with the new hire....

He did seem to have momentum building....

Would seem to be bad news for IU. He looked to be building a solid program there.

Re: Given their track record...

...this is a huge loss. It will be interesting to see who Fred Glass can hire at this late date. Too bad, for IU, that Damon Bailey just started working for Austin Parkenson at IUPUI.

In my opinion Gass has learned the importance of spending to get the right person and he will look for a top notch replacement to continue the job Milller started. This is not a Damon a Bailey type job. They need to get somebody who will sustain the momentum both on the court and in recruiting.because of the timing they may opt to an interim coach until they can get the right person.

Just saw on twitter than an IU commit has opened up her recruitment since the Miller resignation. Jenna Allen from BNL. Don't know a thing about her. Is she someone we'd be interested in?

She is teammates of McBryde. Ranked #67 in 2015 by Prospect Nation. Purdue had recruited her before she verballed along with Butler, Michigan and MSU

I don't remember hearing her name as someone we were after--and I almost think if we had been, we would have gotten her over IU, but of course, I could be wrong. (editing to add: And apparently I was wrong--I had not read the post right above this one before i posted. So if we did offer her, along with MIchigan, MSU and Butler (and of course, IU), then maybe we do still want her. Which might mean that whichever school was her #2 choice behind IU would probably be her first choice now.) BUT--we now have some really good post players in Clemons, Bodnar and Horrocks, and McBryde coming in '15, along wtih (who else? I don't remember) Allen's "grade" is 90 from ESPN--McBryde's is 96. Dominique is also ranked #4 at her position, #10 in the country. Allen is ranked #10 at the position, which is still really good, but...do we still want her? Again--I don't know. If I had to guess, I would guess not, but I am certainly no expert and I have been proven wrong before! I mean, after all, if a pretty good post player shows up and knocks on SV's door and says, "Hi--I have re-opened my recruitment and wonder if you might have room for a pretty good post player in 2015..." I doubt if any of us knows what the answer would be. ;) Of course, it might not go down that way at all. It might be a matter of SV calling her and saying "Remember me?" and her replying, "Sharon WHO?" ;)

This post was edited on 8/1 4:02 PM by boilerluv

We have no idea what is really going in, but it would seem that McCoy or Cooks would be our top targets at center to add to a strong group of small forwards and power forwards.

Originally posted by destewart:
We have no idea what is really going in, but it would seem that McCoy or Cooks would be our top targets at center to add to a strong group of small forwards and power forwards.
I agree with DES. Besides, I am not sure we need a 3* undersized post player. Allen is a good player, it is just that we have some really good one on campus and on the way. I also think we have other priorities, although this could be a bird-in-hand deal. I think this kid will be a solid player at the BIG level, but do we need her as much as we need some of the other targets we are after, and that's the question.

cool.r191677.gif

How many scholarships do we still have open for '15? '16? Anybody know? I don't know how to figure out what class we are still looking to "fill." And if we still do have one or two (or more) available, would we want to use them...or save them? I am woefully ignorant on this topic, so am counting on y'all who know more about it than I do to educate me (and the rest of us who don't know). I do remember (maybe not on this board--maybe elsewhere) that there was some talk that we were still hoping to be in on Hallie Thome--I think that was her name--but she has committed to Michigan according to Rebkell. So--would we still want somebody at that position? Or would we rather have a guard? Who and what are we still looking for--if anyone-- for '15? '16?

Peegs chat rumor is that Miller sexually harassed a male assistant coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT