ADVERTISEMENT

Boiler Upload Podcast Episode 38: Troy Hutchison of GoAZCats

Thanks good to hear from the opposing side. I’m not sure how much research he’s done on Purdues team, as I think Purdue matches up when looking at the grit and toughness aspect pretty well. It was good to hear that he believes Boswell is likely to be the guy to step up among their guards. I watched the Michigan State and Duke games yesterday (sitting around the house on Covid quarantine) and I came away with the same impression. I’ve heard/seen stuff about Jones on Love but I think I’d play him on Boswell. Their defensive intensity to start the game will be over the top but in both games it seemed to level out and drop off a bit as the game progressed. I think that will be the case as long as we can weather the initial barrage. From comments from Lloyd and Johnson interviews, I think they plan on putting pressure on Edey and challenging him to attempt to get him in foul trouble and to wear him down. No real clue how this will play out. It could range from a double digit AZ W to a double digit Purdue W to anything in between. After watching the games I definitely think if we play well we can beat this team but they are definitely the most well balanced team we’ll have played so far. I say we get the W if Braden plays well with balanced scoring from others!

Thanks good to hear from the opposing side. I’m not sure how much research he’s done on Purdues team, as I think Purdue matches up when looking at the grit and toughness aspect pretty well. It was good to hear that he believes Boswell is likely to be the guy to step up among their guards. I watched the Michigan State and Duke games yesterday (sitting around the house on Covid quarantine) and I came away with the same impression. I’ve heard/seen stuff about Jones on Love but I think I’d play him on Boswell. Their defensive intensity to start the game will be over the top but in both games it seemed to level out and drop off a bit as the game progressed. I think that will be the case as long as we can weather the initial barrage. From comments from Lloyd and Johnson interviews, I think they plan on putting pressure on Edey and challenging him to attempt to get him in foul trouble and to wear him down. No real clue how this will play out. It could range from a double digit AZ W to a double digit Purdue W to anything in between. After watching the games I definitely think if we play well we can beat this team but they are definitely the most well balanced team we’ll have played so far. I say we get the W if Braden plays well with balanced scoring from others!
Haven’t got to hear it yet, but based on your comments I would love to see a bit of overload and Braden drive to the bucket to start the game. Perhaps Purdue gets some backdoors? Will zz Purdue double or just see how Zach does by himself?

We need to attack Boswell and Johnson. I like TKR in this game as he can back Johnson down. Make Love shoot threes.
They want to pressure Zach but I’m not sure they have the horses to do so.
If we make our shots and keep Boswell and Larson from going off, I like our chances.

Reactions: tjreese
We need to attack Boswell and Johnson. I like TKR in this game as he can back Johnson down. Make Love shoot threes.
They want to pressure Zach but I’m not sure they have the horses to do so.
If we make our shots and keep Boswell and Larson from going off, I like our chances.
"Maybe" we will see some high low this game? Could Zach surprise us with a deadly 12 foot shot? It sure has to be deadly to pull him out. Course maybe Trey surprises us with a deadly 12 foot shot and then is able to feed Zach quicker or maybe feast himself? I just don't know anything other than what others have said about Arizona. So far Zach has not had help on D and so does Matt mix it up this game? So many questions...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT