ADVERTISEMENT

Bloomington question

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
I haven't been down there in several years now. I'm going to be in Bloomington for the Mellencamp show Sunday, but as of now tickets to the game are out of my price range. Does anyone have a tip on a non-campus place to watch the game? Unfortunately my wife can't stand B-Dubs so that's out. I really don't want to venture on campus for it if I don't have to.

I haven't been down there in several years now. I'm going to be in Bloomington for the Mellencamp show Sunday, but as of now tickets to the game are out of my price range. Does anyone have a tip on a non-campus place to watch the game? Unfortunately my wife can't stand B-Dubs so that's out. I really don't want to venture on campus for it if I don't have to.
There's a Mother Bears completely off campus that has great pizza just off 69, just west of the campus. Truthfully haven't been to that location so can't elaborate on what kind of game day atmosphere to expect.

If you're looking to avoid the hoopla of young IU students and fans, Upland Brewery isn't a bad spot. It's technically on campus but it's quite a ways away from Kirkwood (Nick's, Kilroys, etc) and won't be nearly as rowdy. It's more a summer spot but has TV's inside and at the bar.

If you take 3rd Street out east from campus towards the mall you'll find your run of the mill chain eateries that will have TVs at the bars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT