ADVERTISEMENT

Bama offers Tarrion Grant

Always figured Walters was going to have to work really hard to keep Grant on board. He already had offers from pretty much every major program in the country, so hopefully this really is about wanting to work with Walters.

today, one can only imagine what will happen
Getting an offer and playing time can make a decision as well. I'm not saying he'll stick around but some of they schools continue to recruit elite players at the same position vs being the best recruit in the class..... we'll see.

Reactions: pboiler18
Getting an offer and playing time can make a decision as well. I'm not saying he'll stick around but some of they schools continue to recruit elite players at the same position vs being the best recruit in the class..... we'll see.
These kids wanna play…

It’s the only thing we have going for us that he’d absolutely play day 1.

Kids also want to go to the highest bidder and play for championships. We DONt have that going for us right now.

I don’t expect Grant to stay committed here but wouldn’t complain if he did! I assume he was sold on the “Look what Witherspoon and others did in my system” which is a compelling argument as of now. Another losing season…that proposition is obviously less compelling.

These kids wanna play…

It’s the only thing we have going for us that he’d absolutely play day 1.

Kids also want to go to the highest bidder and play for championships. We DONt have that going for us right now.

I don’t expect Grant to stay committed here but wouldn’t complain if he did! I assume he was sold on the “Look what Witherspoon and others did in my system” which is a compelling argument as of now. Another losing season…that proposition is obviously less compelling.
yea, saw a couple places that have Purdue at 4.5 wins this year

yea, saw a couple places that have Purdue at 4.5 wins this year
Vegas has us at 4.5. For now.

Wisconsin and Nebraska fans have us as an automatic win. And some delusional Illinois fans at IllinI cast have us as an automatic win.

Last year C Walters underachieved. This year C Walters will need to overachieve.

How we perform in week 2 against ND (win or loss) should set the tone, give us an idea, for the rest of the season.

Reactions: z_one
Vegas has us at 4.5. For now.

Wisconsin and Nebraska fans have us as an automatic win. And some delusional Illinois fans at IllinI cast have us as an automatic win.

Last year C Walters underachieved. This year C Walters will need to overachieve.

How we perform in week 2 against ND (win or loss) should set the tone, give us an idea, for the rest of the season.
The big positive…a cupcake we should win in week 1 with time to get new players acclimated AND a week to get rested and right for ND.

If not now, might be never for CRW

What impresses me most about Walter’s and his staff is he is going after players that other big name schools are going after. He may not win all of these battles, but at least he’s going after the same players.

During the Hazell years, Purdue was chasing the same players MAC teams and Marshall and teams like WKU were recruiting! These were nice players and probably great in the classroom. but they couldn’t compete against other power 5 teams. He built a losing team because he only recruited players that he thought would actually sign. He never tried to reach for the stars! He was not a risk taker.

I have no idea how successful Walters will be as a coach. But he is awesome as a recruiter! And that’s the first battle!

I believe that in the not too distant past that Iowa State offered all higher star recruits. They may not have got many, but they offered them. Evidently, it had some success in elevating the teams play as they rose in the rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT