ADVERTISEMENT

B1G conference opponents for next year announced

boilerzz

All-American
Jul 5, 2002
West Chester, OH
www.marchfirstbrewing.com
Our 3 double plays are IU, Michigan and Rutgers. Looks middle of the pack as far as toughness.

PURDUE
Home: Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin
Away: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Oregon, Penn State, Washington
Home/Away: Indiana, Michigan, Rutgers

Our 3 double plays are IU, Michigan and Rutgers. Looks middle of the pack as far as toughness.

PURDUE

No at nebraska, Maryland, NW, OSU or Wisconsin? Nice.

Illinois, Sparty and Minnesota away (booooo hate the barn). Thankfully Oregon is getting rid of its floor.

Michigan is gonna be tough. Hope they always keep us home and away with IU (assume they will).

PURDUE

I'm sure there are others with more time on their hands than me to chart this out, but I'm guessing all of the 14 returning teams will have road weekends to Oregon/Washington or USC/UCLA. Like a Thursday/Saturday or maybe even Friday/Sunday. And vice versa for those schools coming east.

This is gonna suck.

Hope they always keep us home and away with IU (assume they will).
Have to imagine they will until the next expansion.

Purdue/IU
Oregon/Wash
USC/UCLA
IL/NW
Iowa/Neb
Wis/Minn
Mich/MSU
OSU/PSU
Rut/Mary (maybe flip the last 2)

Ahh just read ZZ's article. The new teams all have H/A's against each other this year. And my flip of the last 2 above look like the natural rivalry locks. OSU with Maryland and Penn St with Rutgers.

I'm sure there are others with more time on their hands than me to chart this out, but I'm guessing all of the 14 returning teams will have road weekends to Oregon/Washington or USC/UCLA. Like a Thursday/Saturday or maybe even Friday/Sunday. And vice versa for those schools coming east.

This is gonna suck.
I'd be a lot less concerned about us having to take one road trip out west each year than I would be to be a fan of those teams and have to travel east for 7 games a season. That's at least 4 road trips.

The 3 H/A's are interesting. All 3 sucked last year. All 3 are SUPPOSED to be better due to an influx of talent or coaching. But will they be?

I would think we would play all 3 early in the season and again later, hopefully giving us a bit of an advantage with significantly less turnover than those teams in those early games.

I love this - the other teams expected to be great are home games with Rutgers playing both. We can expect to steal a lot of road games and the other good teams will have a hard time getting in front of us when we beat them at home.

I love this - the other teams expected to be great are home games with Rutgers playing both. We can expect to steal a lot of road games and the other good teams will have a hard time getting in front of us when we beat them at home.
IU taking a huge sigh of relief they don’t have to go to Rutgers

Reactions: pboiler18

PURDUE

Quick glance...

Home: Always feel good about the home games in Mackey. 7-0

Away: Got a favorable roll here as all these teams should be worse than last year. @ MSU is always tough. Not sure about Oregon/Washington? 5-2

Home/Away: Michigan will be better. Rutgers and IU are tough draws. 3-3

15-5 and right in the hunt again.

Last edited:
No at nebraska, Maryland, NW, OSU or Wisconsin? Nice.

Illinois, Sparty and Minnesota away (booooo hate the barn). Thankfully Oregon is getting rid of its floor.

Michigan is gonna be tough. Hope they always keep us home and away with IU (assume they will).
+1 re: Nebraska/Maryland/NW/Wisky. Would gladly switch Minnesota away for OSU away. OSU's arena is dead for home games, and I don't see that changing.

+1 re: Nebraska/Maryland/NW/Wisky. Would gladly switch Minnesota away for OSU away. OSU's arena is dead for home games, and I don't see that changing.
True on environment, but Minny just lost 3 of their top 4 in the portal. Not the same team as last year. I'll take it.

Reactions: titaniumbolt
Quick glance...

Home: Always feel good about the home games in Mackey. 7-0

Away: Got a favorable roll here as all these teams should be worse than last year. @ MSU is always tough. Not sure about Oregon/Washington? 5-2

Home/Away: Michigan will be better. Rutgers and IU are tough draws. 3-3

15-5 and right in the hunt again.
I’m not counting on Michigan being much better. They lost their top 3 players and a 4th starter and have no major impact freshmen coming in. For a good center in the portal from FAU but aside from him their entire team will be role players. I think h we beat Michigan on the road but also don’t think we go 5-2 against the road teams. Very hard to win in the big ten on the road.

Not a good year for us to play IU twice.

We could get run out of the gym twice. I hate to say it, but it will probably happen.
Always Sunny Troll GIF

It’s hilarious that you think your bums are going to compete next year.

You literally have nobody. Everyone saw what that sorry backcourt is when they play Edey one on one. That will be all year next year.

All while IU hangs banner 6 next year. Score 6-0 after next year. It just keeps getting better.

You will never hang a banner. Hahahahahha

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
It’s hilarious that you think your bums are going to compete next year.

You literally have nobody. Everyone saw what that sorry backcourt is when they play Edey one on one. That will be all year next year.

All while IU hangs banner 6 next year. Score 6-0 after next year. It just keeps getting better.

You will never hang a banner. Hahahahahha
You can tell it’s the off season.

I’m not counting on Michigan being much better. They lost their top 3 players and a 4th starter and have no major impact freshmen coming in. For a good center in the portal from FAU but aside from him their entire team will be role players. I think h we beat Michigan on the road but also don’t think we go 5-2 against the road teams. Very hard to win in the big ten on the road.
They were really bad last year. They can be a lot better and still not be great, which is what I expect.

This is a cool format.

GMlZf4AXMAAV16G
I know there are pieces to fill still, but this Torvik prediction confirms some early suspicions on rosters.

1. Yes, Purdue lost Edey, but still returns solid production compared to rest of league. I'm biased of course, but I want Purdues roster when compared to everyone else.

2. IUs sum of parts still might not equal what they hope for it to be.

3. Illinois is going to be really bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT