ADVERTISEMENT

Available transfers listing Purdue...

It appears that Goodman has not updated some of his information. Anthony Collins narrowed his choice down to Baylor, Georgetown, and Tennessee about a week ago.

I didn't know that Ricky Tarrant had the Boilers as one of his choices. I would still prefer Dylan Ennis between the two of them, but I think Tarrant could play the 1 for Purdue as well.

Thanks for the link.

Given his major swing and miss on Swanigan and other blunders, I am beginning to think that Goodman was a headline writer for the Chicago Tribune in an earlier life.
th

With his rebounding, Cunningham looks like an interesting option. He would have to sit a year and then have 3 years eligibility remaining. And with his free throw shooting, he was born to be a Boiler.

I think Tarrant is an interesting player because it seems like he is enough of a scorer that he can create shot opportunities for himself (we needed that sometimes this year, but didn't really have it). But I think his turnover stat (34 TO's in 19 GP) seems too high for him to be the PG solution. THAT said, if the guy has an aspiration to play in the NBA, he'll need to be able to play some point at a height of 6'2". It does look like he can defend, with around 1.5 steals per game, so he might be able to be another on-ball defender for us, which we could use with Bryson gone.

I'd say a true PG is our top priority, but if we have no luck there, Tarrant could be a good pick up. I don't see Painter being able to guarantee he'd start or get X minute per game considering the other guards on the roster, so it could be tough to get him to come.

I reported 2 weeks ago he (Tarrant) and Ennis have some interest....I feel we will get one of them.

Both will be good fits at Purdue.

Boiler Up!

Originally posted by CRBoiler:
I think Tarrant is an interesting player because it seems like he is enough of a scorer that he can create shot opportunities for himself (we needed that sometimes this year, but didn't really have it). But I think his turnover stat (34 TO's in 19 GP) seems too high for him to be the PG solution. THAT said, if the guy has an aspiration to play in the NBA, he'll need to be able to play some point at a height of 6'2". It does look like he can defend, with around 1.5 steals per game, so he might be able to be another on-ball defender for us, which we could use with Bryson gone.

I'd say a true PG is our top priority, but if we have no luck there, Tarrant could be a good pick up. I don't see Painter being able to guarantee he'd start or get X minute per game considering the other guards on the roster, so it could be tough to get him to come.
There's no other legit PG options (ie ones that can play toe-to-toe with other top PG's) on the roster, so I don't think it's a difficult sell to either Ennis or Tarrant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT