ADVERTISEMENT

Article from NBA Analysis says Edey most likely to....

Hoping the Knicks pick him up. Knicks need a big man and with Brunson, Randle the team can be special.
As much as I cannot stand the Knicks (Celts fan here), I tend to agree with you on this. He would fit in with what they need nicely, and would probably get decent minutes out the gate.

Pacers, with Rick Carlisle?!? Hard. F***ing pass.

Rick doesn’t play rookies. He would have made Jordan ride the bench because he was a rookie.
Need to let that old narrative die. Not accurate any longer.
Mathurin and Nembhard BOTH played a lot last year. As rookies. Including starting.
Jerace was pretty raw this year but still played some. Ben Sheppard, 2nd rd pick has played more. As a rookie. Including starting.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Need to let that old narrative die. Not accurate any longer.
Mathurin and Nembhard BOTH played a lot last year. As rookies. Including starting.
Jerace was pretty raw this year but still played some. Ben Sheppard, 2nd rd pick has played more. As a rookie. Including starting.
Fair enough - I don't watch the NBA much any more. Been in Dallas for 15 years and tried to get into the Mavs. Felt like when Rick was here, he had plenty of talented rookies that road the bench when we needed a change.

I hope for Zach, he lands on a team that see his work ethic and talents and figures out how to use him. If he can progress as much as he did in 4 years at Purdue, imagine when he is 100% basketball what he could become in 4 more years.

Fair enough - I don't watch the NBA much any more. Been in Dallas for 15 years and tried to get into the Mavs. Felt like when Rick was here, he had plenty of talented rookies that road the bench when we needed a change.

I hope for Zach, he lands on a team that see his work ethic and talents and figures out how to use him. If he can progress as much as he did in 4 years at Purdue, imagine when he is 100% basketball what he could become in 4 more years.
I live in NW Plano. Please let me know if you are ever up this way and want to grab a coffee.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
My guess is that Edey won't be a first rounder.
Cowherd had some very glowing reviews on Edey this week, wish I was savvy enough to link it over here.
Said Clingan was a NBA player and Zach dropped 37 on him. Said he was buff and his hook is pretty hard to defend. Mentioned what Few said earlier about him never seeing anything like him before. Also that Zach led in minutes played in this year’s tournament.
Cowherd: tell me how he is not a top 15 pick.

+1 - I think he embraced (was forced to?) the Pacers rebuild and youth movement. Just no other options 1/2 the time. Could be a great place for Zach. Turner is 28 and holds the position well. Zach could learn and start as a backup and maybe the starter at some point as Myles ages
My guess is that Edey won't be a first rounder.

Absolutely will be.

First round gets him the most money but as mentioned he has to fit the NBA Team that does draft him. If all NBA teams do not have a First Round Pick a better fit might occur by going in the 2nd Round or a team with two First Round picks!

Reactions: dayhr11
First round gets him the most money but as mentioned he has to fit the NBA Team that does draft him. If all NBA teams do not have a First Round Pick a better fit might occur by going in the 2nd Round or a team with two First Round picks!
Say a team like the Toronto raptors (2 first and a second) or Utah jazz (also same as Toronto).

Who knows but good luck to Zach!

Cowherd had some very glowing reviews on Edey this week, wish I was savvy enough to link it over here.
Said Clingan was a NBA player and Zach dropped 37 on him. Said he was buff and his hook is pretty hard to defend. Mentioned what Few said earlier about him never seeing anything like him before. Also that Zach led in minutes played in this year’s tournament.
Cowherd: tell me how he is not a top 15 pick.

Reactions: tenwest
Clingan is projected top 10 because of his defense. Edey will go first round.
I just don't see it. Edey doesn't look any less agile than Clingan. Maybe because Clingon is only a sophomore and they think will develop better? But Edey's only been playing basketball for seven years. I like Clingan, but they seem to be the same defensively, with Edey better (to me) on offense.

Reactions: tenwest
I just don't see it. Edey doesn't look any less agile than Clingan. Maybe because Clingon is only a sophomore and they think will develop better? But Edey's only been playing basketball for seven years. I like Clingan, but they seem to be the same defensively, with Edey better (to me) on offense.
Probably because the majority of ppl have seen clingan be aggressive all year because he had a capable backup that could also be a rim protector. Zach didn’t have that/couldn’t be that because he was too important to our strategy on both offense and defense. Pure speculation, but I bet we see him be more aggressive on defense in the nba since he is not the focal point for both sides of the ball and he will probably start out in small
Spurts like 3-6 mins and able to exert energy there. Hopefully he can develop into a long term player in the nba and I think we haven’t seen his ceiling (as you have pointed out about only playing for 7 years).

Indiana Pacers.

Stated that Pacers need more height and Edey could be their guy.

Wouldn't that be great.
Not given the way the Pacers play. They push the ball for 48 minutes, high volume 3-pointers, and no defense. So, it would be a surprise…even if for only the local connection.

Probably because the majority of ppl have seen clingan be aggressive all year because he had a capable backup that could also be a rim protector. Zach didn’t have that/couldn’t be that because he was too important to our strategy on both offense and defense. Pure speculation, but I bet we see him be more aggressive on defense in the nba since he is not the focal point for both sides of the ball and he will probably start out in small
Spurts like 3-6 mins and able to exert energy there. Hopefully he can develop into a long term player in the nba and I think we haven’t seen his ceiling (as you have pointed out about only playing for 7 years).
Agree with this take overall.

Edey took 0 risks on D. Didn’t have to really, but did when the timing was right.

With 6 fouls to give and no need for him to grab big minutes in the NBA he’ll be tapped to contest a ton.

With how good of a rebounder and passer he is as well he’s a guy who can absolutely get the break going too.

I think he can be a 20rbs guy if he gets 20-25 minutes in the league. Don’t think that’s conjecture either…nobody really fighting for rebounds on a typical Tuesday night NBA game.

Dude is mega athletic for the size. Different type of Athlete than a Victor Wembanyama but when somebody tells me Edey can’t shoot I discount their take immediately. Just because he didn’t stand at the 3 point like and jack them up doesn’t mean it’s not in his arsenal.

He’s a first rounder. Sure fire.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Agree with this take overall.

Edey took 0 risks on D. Didn’t have to really, but did when the timing was right.

With 6 fouls to give and no need for him to grab big minutes in the NBA he’ll be tapped to contest a ton.

With how good of a rebounder and passer he is as well he’s a guy who can absolutely get the break going too.

I think he can be a 20rbs guy if he gets 20-25 minutes in the league. Don’t think that’s conjecture either…nobody really fighting for rebounds on a typical Tuesday night NBA game.

Dude is mega athletic for the size. Different type of Athlete than a Victor Wembanyama but when somebody tells me Edey can’t shoot I discount their take immediately. Just because he didn’t stand at the 3 point like and jack them up doesn’t mean it’s not in his arsenal.

He’s a first rounder. Sure fire.
💯

He definitely can shoot it just as well as clingan. And I don’t doubt that if given the opportunity, he can easily develop an outside shot in his game. Ppl didn’t get they it made no sense for him to shoot those at the college level because he could get a shot they was an 80% guarantee make every time. The only ppl who actually wanted him shooting those were the other teams haha.

💯

He definitely can shoot it just as well as clingan. And I don’t doubt that if given the opportunity, he can easily develop an outside shot in his game. Ppl didn’t get they it made no sense for him to shoot those at the college level because he could get a shot they was an 80% guarantee make every time. The only ppl who actually wanted him shooting those were the other teams haha.
Or people who don’t understand the game!

For him to be starter role viable, he’s going to have to be able to contest perimeter shots AND be able to guard a guy slashing to the basket. I don’t think that’s his strong suit but with his athleticism I think he can do it competently enough.

I laugh at all the people who think that NBA bigs who are career 25-35% 3 point shooters are really going to make him pay for not coming out to guard them. Especially when they aren’t ready to have him then post him up.

I think he’s the “watch” of the draft so far as a skill set that is hard to guard and not super developable in the NBA. Will be interesting to see if he becomes a big factor how the league adjusts.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
A player to look at is Lopez and his brother both currently playing for the Bucks. They both have played in the NBA for 10+ years. Admittedly one has had more success.

What most people don’t realize is the more successful Lopez brother came into the NBA without being a 3 point shooter. He learned to shoot the three in the NBA.

Admittedly NBA teams like players who can shoot the three. But I believe a good team can see the potential and will develop it.

I still believe the Bucks would be a good fit for Edey. He could easily fill the spot currently filled by Lopez’ brother. He could easily be good for 15-20 minutes a game.

I believe the biggest argument against his NBA success was the recent international tournament last Summer where the Canadian coach decided to use a different type of lineup and he played sparingly for that team that played against other NBA and pro players. As you recall, many Purdue fans were asking if Edey was injured because he played so little.

Last edited:
💯

Not to mention he was the best offensive rebounder in college.
Let better % shooters take the shots and let him grab the rebound.

One thing in Edey’s favor is he has proven he can play 40+ minutes a game and maintain the same level of intensity

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT