ADVERTISEMENT

Armed home invader sentenced to probation

May 25, 2013
Armed home invader sentenced to probation and I would deleted if I said why. HInt, you probably will not see it on CNN or NBC or CBS or ABC or New York TImes or .... This is the first time I have heard of this in the US but it probably will not be the last, especially if we keep voting for Democrats.

Home invader given probation.

so one time

a black man gets a break from a black judge, and it's mass hysteria, and you even acknowledge that it's "the first time I have heard of this."

Whites accused in these situations have been getting breaks for a long, long time. Rich people of all colors have been getting breaks for a long, long time.

On rare occasions judges give overly lenient sentences. I have no problem criticizing judges when that happens, just like I have no problem criticizing overly harsh sentences. But to say that somehow "because we keep voting for Democrats" that now all of a sudden black males will catch breaks in the criminal justice system...

you must be high.

A "break"?

Oh, so that's what you call it. Very revealing.

Whites accused in these situations have been getting breaks for a long, long time. Rich people of all colors have been getting breaks for a long, long time.

Yeah, we know. Group rights, group blame, group entitlements, etc. Nice to see you standing up for individual rights and the rule of law.

the rule of law

gave the judge the right to set the sentence where he set it, did it not?

What "individual right" are you talking about?

And yes, it's a break. That thing historically white men have gotten in the criminal justice system that black and brown men haven't unless they had a whole lot of money.

Re: the rule of law

You excused what the judge did based on groups and what you think each group is owed or owes. The individual responsibility of the criminal for violating the individual rights of the homeowner was dismissed based on what groups they belong to.

And yes, it's a break. That thing historically white men have gotten in the criminal justice system that black and brown men haven't unless they had a whole lot of money.

Like I said, you believe in group rights and group blame. This is one of those times where you think race definitely exists.

I didn't "excuse" anything

I made a comment on the selective outrage.

The criminal was tried, convicted, and sentenced according to the law. Now, you might disagree with the sentence. I don't know the whole facts of the case, but on the surface it certainly isn't a sentence I would have given.

But if you don't like the sentence, it isn't the accused's fault. Recall the judge, or ask for him to be fired, or change the law to require a mandatory minimum.

I have no idea what you are talking about as far as "group rights" and "group blame" except I find it ironic you are protesting a whole group being typecast.

"according to the law"

Which part of the law includes the judge berating the baby's parents for making her a "racist"? Is that a proper use of a judge's authority?

I have no idea what you are talking about as far as "group rights" and "group blame".......

Liar.

Read your own damn posts.

Which part of the law

precludes it?

This is a judgment issue, not a legal issue. It's why judges who are elected can lose or be recalled, and why judges who are selected can be fired.

You should really stop using words you don't understand.

I'm still waiting for your explanation of "group rights" and "group blame."

Because as usual with most of what you type it's application to the facts at hand is nonsensical.

Re: Which part of the law

This isn't a news story because of the actual sentence handed down. I'm not surprised you want to delve into minutiea so you can avoid the reason why this is a news story.

You justified what he judge did based on the group that the defendants belonged to. As if they deserved a lighter sentence because (you think) black defendants in the past got screwed over. Or because (you think) white defendants in the past got it easy. This sentence [EDIT] shouldn't [\EDIT] have to do with anyone else besides the criminals who are guilty. Correct?

You also never addressed the main reason why this is a news story: Do you think it was inappropriate for the judge to berate the parents of the "racist" baby?
This post was edited on 4/15 11:44 AM by GMM

it's a news story

for two reasons:

1. the sentence handed down. If he'd hammered the guy, his comments to the family wouldn't have mattered to folks nearly as much.

2. His comments to the family, because he gave such a light sentence, it comes across way worse.

You have a real problem with understanding the English language. I didn't "justify" anything. I didn't say what a great sentence, or good for him. I said I found the outrage on one instance, and the idea that somehow it's going to "continue to happen if we elect Democrats" ironic and quite frankly crazy given the long history of the reverse happening in this country.

In fact, I said it wasn't the sentence I would have likely given, although I don't know all of the facts of the case so I don't know what sentence I would have given for sure.

But to you that's "justified" so quite frankly given your horrible grasp of the English language, why bother having a conversation with you? Other than the entertainment value of watching you say bat guano crazy things.

As for whether it was inappropriate? A judge should never get in the business of commenting on victims. EVEN if you think their point of view is silly, or based on racism, they are the victims, and they have a right to express themselves. You, as the judge, have the right to complete discount their expressions, but you should do so internally. It wasn't the proper place or time to make whatever point he wanted to make.

not really

plenty of studies on this, particularly in the juvenile justice system.

White teens consistently got better, lighter sentences than black teens despite similar track records and similar offenses.

We see it in adults in everything from how often they are pulled over and searched for drugs in spite of the fact that whites are more likely to have drugs than blacks in these searches.

We see it in how death penalty sentences are handed out.

Now, that's not to say money doesn't matter. I would probably rather be a rich black man than a poor white man all other things being equal when it came to a trial, but it would probably depend on where that trial was and what I was accused of. OJ in Cali? Yeah, he too caught a "break" because he could afford the ultra high dollar defense. OJ in Mississippi? I am not sure there's enough money in the world.

But I most definitely would prefer being a poor white man than a middle class or poor black man anywhere if I'm sitting in the defendant's chair.

Now you're just making things up

Originally posted by qazplm:
plenty of studies on this, particularly in the juvenile justice system.

White teens consistently got better, lighter sentences than black teens despite similar track records and similar offenses.

We see it in adults in everything from how often they are pulled over and searched for drugs in spite of the fact that whites are more likely to have drugs than blacks in these searches.

We see it in how death penalty sentences are handed out.

Now, that's not to say money doesn't matter. I would probably rather be a rich black man than a poor white man all other things being equal when it came to a trial, but it would probably depend on where that trial was and what I was accused of. OJ in Cali? Yeah, he too caught a "break" because he could afford the ultra high dollar defense. OJ in Mississippi? I am not sure there's enough money in the world.

But I most definitely would prefer being a poor white man than a middle class or poor black man anywhere if I'm sitting in the defendant's chair.
How, exactly, do you know that whites are more likely to have drugs? Is this from your prolonged experience being white, or are you throwing crap on the wall and hoping something sticks, that no one will call you on?

You view life totally through a racial prism and you make no attempt at objectivity.

Typical

for two reasons:

1. the sentence handed down. If he'd hammered the guy, his comments to the family wouldn't have mattered to folks nearly as much.

2. His comments to the family, because he gave such a light sentence, it comes across way worse.

You have a real problem with understanding the English language. I didn't "justify" anything. I didn't say what a great sentence, or good for him. I said I found the outrage on one instance, and the idea that somehow it's going to "continue to happen if we elect Democrats" ironic and quite frankly crazy given the long history of the reverse happening in this country.

In fact, I said it wasn't the sentence I would have likely given, although I don't know all of the facts of the case so I don't know what sentence I would have given for sure.

But to you that's "justified" so quite frankly given your horrible grasp of the English language, why bother having a conversation with you? Other than the entertainment value of watching you say bat guano crazy things.

As for whether it was inappropriate? A judge should never get in the business of commenting on victims. EVEN if you think their point of view is silly, or based on racism, they are the victims, and they have a right to express themselves. You, as the judge, have the right to complete discount their expressions, but you should do so internally. It wasn't the proper place or time to make whatever point he wanted to make.
When you're losing an argument, you deflect, misdirect and belittle your opponent. It gets old.

I realize when your world

Consists of newsmax worldnetdaily and your own fetid brain that lots of things are surprising and unbelievable to you but they actually do this thing where they report who's pulled over and what they are arrested for and they do this thing where they calculate rates and they can tell stuff.

If you had the brains of a larger turnip you'd take five minutes, do a search, and find this info easily.

Re: Typical

Lol you realize nothing that comes out of your mouth I find anything but the ramblings of a stunted intellect right?

You don't really think most folks on here view you as anything more than far right nutso right?

No, of course you don't.

I have no problem with this outcome nor OJ Simpson nor Ferguson, MO. I don't have to agree with any or all or some, I just have to accept the result of the system in a civilized society. No system is perfect, no judgment or trial is perfect. We just want them to be fair as possible.
This post was edited on 4/15 10:32 PM by threeeputtt

Lol you realize nothing that comes out of your mouth I find anything but the ramblings of a stunted intellect right?

You don't really think most folks on here view you as anything more than far right nutso right?

No, of course you don't.

Wow. So you respond to his charge with the exact same technique you were accused of. Only a liberal. And of course a lawyer to boot. Try a little open-mindedness maybe a touch of introspection. Admit you are the one that views racism in everything not conservatives. You have all these narratives you are trying to spread, but they just arent true. Try looking at things without the lens of race and you will notice it is nothing more than an excuse. The great thing about America is anybody, regardless of race, can be whatever they wanna be. Everybody here is an immigrant and of a different race. Everyone has obstacles that have to be overcome. I'm white, and i didnt have no privilege. I've had to work hard, deal with tough situations, and not bitch and moan about it all. Maybe some black people have it tougher, but liberals make it out to be WAY worse than it is. And they do it to take advantage of those people by telling them they are being held down and need their help. We say, they dont need help they are capable.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by SCBoiler:

No, of course you don't.

Wow. So you respond to his charge with the exact same technique you were accused of. Only a liberal. And of course a lawyer to boot. Try a little open-mindedness maybe a touch of introspection. Admit you are the one that views racism in everything not conservatives. You have all these narratives you are trying to spread, but they just arent true. Try looking at things without the lens of race and you will notice it is nothing more than an excuse. The great thing about America is anybody, regardless of race, can be whatever they wanna be. Everybody here is an immigrant and of a different race. Everyone has obstacles that have to be overcome. I'm white, and i didnt have no privilege. I've had to work hard, deal with tough situations, and not bitch and moan about it all. Maybe some black people have it tougher, but liberals make it out to be WAY worse than it is. And they do it to take advantage of those people by telling them they are being held down and need their help. We say, they dont need help they are capable.

Sorry, on my phone app so cant edit.

Just re-reading my post and realized you probably wont understand that last part because you're probably such an elitist that you think nobody that isnt as brilliant as you and other enlightened liberals can make it in this country without the gracious help from the government.

As usual

Consists of newsmax worldnetdaily and your own fetid brain that lots of things are surprising and unbelievable to you but they actually do this thing where they report who's pulled over and what they are arrested for and they do this thing where they calculate rates and they can tell stuff.

If you had the brains of a larger turnip you'd take five minutes, do a search, and find this info easily.
you throw something out there and when called on it, you resort to cheap attacks and denigration, rather than offering any proof of your assertion. Typical.

I love it when you show your true character - a petty, insecure, little man.

BTW, why should I waste my time fact checking all the crap you throw on the board? If you're going to say it, prove it.

No, of course you don't.
I really don't need your approval for validation. I'm not as insecure as you are.

Compared to you, Clinton is a far right nutso, so I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

I'm a hard core fiscal conservative, but on other issues, I'm all over the board. You, however, are HARD LEFT in virtually everything. You love playing race cards as often as you think you can get away with it. You love sitting on your little perch and passing judgment on everyone and everything, like you're the ultimate arbiter on all things.

When you perceive you're losing an argument, you dance around the edges of the issue, using misdirection or tangential arguments. That's why you NEVER copy the post you're critiquing, because that would make it too apparent that you were trying to change the argument to something you can defend.

Then, when someone calls you on your BS, you resort to name calling and character assassination to try to make yourself feel superior. It's sad to have such a fragile little ego.

it's fairly amusing to see your constant need to make the same insults. Three times in the space of a day on two boards.

It's oh so important to you isn't it.

ah proof

like the same studies that were posted on this board by another poster just a few weeks ago? We've had this discussion, I have no need to keep providing the same info simply because you can't keep up.

If you were remotely intellectually curious, you could do a google. It would show up rather quickly. But we both know you won't.

ah yes, the old there is no racism anymore argument.

As long as there's a Left.......

.......there will be "racism". After all they invented the term.

So, as long as there are normal white people who oppose the left's agenda there will always be "racism".

Sorry

like the same studies that were posted on this board by another poster just a few weeks ago? We've had this discussion, I have no need to keep providing the same info simply because you can't keep up.

If you were remotely intellectually curious, you could do a google. It would show up rather quickly. But we both know you won't.
I don't live on this board like you do. I usually pop in for a couple days and then revisit again after a month or so. I have a life.

I don't expect you to back up any assertions you make. You enjoy pontificating and feeling self-important, which you can ONLY do sitting at your keyboard.

I get a chuckle out of you attacking the intellect of Conservatives. You voted for Obama twice and defend him religiously on this board. Genius that you are, you still haven't figured out that he's incompetent and has lied about virtually everything he has promised to do, except for one thing. He promised to fundamentally change America and he has - for the worse. We can only hope to survive his attempt to dismember this fine country. Yet you remain oblivious to the damage he has done, both domestically and internationally.

The glow of your brilliance is blinding.......lol

It's amusing

it's fairly amusing to see your constant need to make the same insults. Three times in the space of a day on two boards.

It's oh so important to you isn't it.
that you perceive statements of fact, as being insults. You keep thinking that you're fooling people with your shtick and apparently, you need to be reminded that it's growing old and we can see through it.

Don't flatter yourself. There's nothing about you that's important.

ah yes, the old there is no racism anymore argument.
Some people try to overcome racism, but you thrive on it. When you constantly view the world through a racial prism, you will always see racism, even where NONE exists.

Sometimes people don't like you, because you're a jerk, not because you're Black. You assume they're racist, because then you can rationalize bad behavior.

Most people are somewhat uncomfortable, when dealing with people different than themselves, whether that difference is racial, socio-economic, ethnic, etc. That's NOT racism, that's just people being people. When people get to know one another and realize there is NO threat, then they can discard previous stereotypes and deal with each other on a personal level. It's not as hard as we make it out to be.

Unfortunately, with Obama, Holder and Sharpton continuously stoking the racial fires, it does make it more difficult for all parties concerned.

yes

your opinion is a statement of fact lol

I think you think you equals everyone on the board is what they call in the biz a delusion. I know you think you speak for everyone, but no, not really. But you've got GMM on your side, so...

And for such an unimportant guy, you spend a LOT of time insulting me. Sounds like I'm really important to you.
It's funny to know I'm clearly occupying a decent portion of your day.

lol

yes, you post almost daily on KHC, but you are too good "you have a life."

funny stuff.

Like I said, if you were REALLY curious, you'd google, you aren't, so you won't. Or you could just scroll back a couple of weeks and find the links on here, but you aren't curious, so you won't.

And just like all of the other times when folks try and teach you something, like on global warming or other issues, the links won't matter because you'll find some reason why it isn't true. Which other posters call you out on repeatedly.

I don't attack the intellect of all conservatives. Gr8s a conservative, he is a fine intellect. Noodle is a conservative, he's a smart guy. You on the other hand, are an absolute moron.

The point

yes, you post almost daily on KHC, but you are too good "you have a life."

funny stuff.

Like I said, if you were REALLY curious, you'd google, you aren't, so you won't. Or you could just scroll back a couple of weeks and find the links on here, but you aren't curious, so you won't.

And just like all of the other times when folks try and teach you something, like on global warming or other issues, the links won't matter because you'll find some reason why it isn't true. Which other posters call you out on repeatedly.

I don't attack the intellect of all conservatives. Gr8s a conservative, he is a fine intellect. Noodle is a conservative, he's a smart guy. You on the other hand, are an absolute moron.
is NOT whether I'm curious, that's just you deflecting. You made a statement and I asked you to back it up and you haven't been able to do it. Rather than support your assertion, you want to send me on an Easter egg hunt. Then, when I decline, you resort to insults. Typical qaz behavior.

As I said before, anyone who is as blind to what a dumpster fire we have in the Whitehouse, as you are, is in NO position to question anyone's intellect. You can't have two working brain cells to rub together and think he's doing a good job, yet you do....

Let's

your opinion is a statement of fact lol

I think you think you equals everyone on the board is what they call in the biz a delusion. I know you think you speak for everyone, but no, not really. But you've got GMM on your side, so...

And for such an unimportant guy, you spend a LOT of time insulting me. Sounds like I'm really important to you.
It's funny to know I'm clearly occupying a decent portion of your day.
go back to what spawned your comments:

No, of course you don't.

I really don't need your approval for validation. I'm not as insecure as you are.

Compared to you, Clinton is a far right nutso, so I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

I'm a hard core fiscal conservative, but on other issues, I'm all over the board. You, however, are HARD LEFT in virtually everything. You love playing race cards as often as you think you can get away with it. You love sitting on your little perch and passing judgment on everyone and everything, like you're the ultimate arbiter on all things.

When you perceive you're losing an argument, you dance around the edges of the issue, using misdirection or tangential arguments. That's why you NEVER copy the post you're critiquing, because that would make it too apparent that you were trying to change the argument to something you can defend.

Then, when someone calls you on your BS, you resort to name calling and character assassination to try to make yourself feel superior. It's sad to have such a fragile little ego.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stated WHAT you do in threads, which anyone who can read, should be able to see pretty obviously. That's a verifiable observation, not just an opinion. People are welcome to read your posts and confirm what I'm saying.

If anyone wants to take the time to look, they'll see that every time we have a disagreement, it's ALWAYS you that resorts to name calling. I disagree with the things you say, or the way you misrepresent things that I've said, and YOU resort to calling names. Yet you complain about being insulted.

I guess anyone that has the audacity to disagree with the mighty qaz , must also be lacking in intellect, since you're convinced you're brilliant, absolutely brilliant. But you still believe everything Obama says......sheer genius.

Re: Let's

No, not anyone, really just you...and GMM and a couple of others.

It doesn't require brilliance to be smarter than you E, it just requires the equivalent IQ of any small mammal, or bird...perhaps some rodents.

Yes, you never start the name-calling...lmao, talk about someone who lies, that's a whopper you need to confess in your next visit to whatever church you go to.

Re: The point

Yes, an Easter egg hunt...aka type a few words into google and educate yourself, or go back a couple of pages on here.

Yes, learning for yourself, what an Easter egg hunt!

Better to just go with what you "know" is true, regardless of the possibility that there's actual evidence otherwise. It must be a lie. It can't possibly be true.

Like I said, zero intellectual curiosity.

You've proved nothing

Yes, an Easter egg hunt...aka type a few words into google and educate yourself, or go back a couple of pages on here.

Yes, learning for yourself, what an Easter egg hunt!

Better to just go with what you "know" is true, regardless of the possibility that there's actual evidence otherwise. It must be a lie. It can't possibly be true.

Like I said, zero intellectual curiosity.
If this information is so readily available, PROVIDE IT.

It's NOT a matter of intellectual curiosity, it's a matter of you doing EXACTLY what I've said many times, that you do. You say things that are outrageous and when you're called on it, you go off on a tangent, by misdirecting the argument to intellectual curiosity. How about a little intellectual HONESTY from you, or is that asking for too much?

Show me

No, not anyone, really just you...and GMM and a couple of others.

It doesn't require brilliance to be smarter than you E, it just requires the equivalent IQ of any small mammal, or bird...perhaps some rodents.

Yes, you never start the name-calling...lmao, talk about someone who lies, that's a whopper you need to confess in your next visit to whatever church you go to.
where I've called you names. I can show you many instances, where you've called me names. That's in the Liberal handbook, isn't it? Call Conservatives names, impugn their intellect and character, and resort to personal attacks. So typical. If you look at all your posts in this thread alone, there are many examples.

I take exception with some of the things you say and the intellectually dishonest way in which you manipulate your responses to arguments. You think you're brilliant, when you take the argument off on a tangent, while those that are paying attention, would consider it somewhat devious.

You're like most Liberals. You think you're more intelligent than everyone, yet you vote for empty suits like Obama, you think Socialism is a great form of government, and you believe government is the solution to everything. How's that working?

When faced with the reality that states and cities run by Liberals are complete disasters and states and cities run by Conservatives are thriving, you start spinning, deflecting and making excuses. Yup with a few more mental giants like yourself in charge, we can turn the U.S. into a third world country. Gosh, I wish I could be as smart as you.......lol

a simple google search

it would literally take you five minutes to google it, and find a ton of links to studies.

Yet you refuse to do it.

lol

riiiight, when I talk about you, it's name-calling, when you call me a liar, arrogant etc....that's not name-calling. Got it.

As I said, I don't think I'm more intelligent than everyone, I just think I'm more intelligent than YOU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT